Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I got caught with a case of beer when I was maybe 15. The cop took the beer and I had to wash his cop car for a couple weeks. My dad couldn’t stop laughing when the cop brought me home because we were drinking warm Budweiser. He also didn’t tell my mom, which actually turned out to be a big turning point in our relationship.

Same cop let my buddy go from a DUI years later when he lost control and drove a good way into a cornfield. The farmer was a little pissed, but not too much. I forget what he had to do, but it was something like cleaning up the park or something.

I think small town cops only come in two flavors, power hungry people who want to punish others or laid back people that just wanted a job where they can sleep in their car. I’ve only ever interacted with the laid back ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

The Real Amethyst posted:

Do cops in the US actually make you say the ABC's backwards for sobriety test? Because I wouldn't be able to do that sober.

I think that test and the hopscotch kinda things they make you do are really just there to trick you into saying “I couldn’t do this sober” since that’s an admission of intoxication and they can then arrest and blood test you.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Can you just demand a blood test instead of playing their kindergarten recess games? Always wondered if you could.