Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Went to courthouse to fight a speeding ticket. Got in the wrong line (apparently it was for jury duty or some poo poo) which ended up taking FOREVER, and it wasn't until I got to the front of the line that I both found out I was in the wrong room, and that by waiting in line and being in the wrong room I had basically screwed my chances for fighting the speeding ticket because now I was late to my ACTUAL appointment which was in the same room number but in another wing of the court house??? Some stupid bullshit trickery to confuse anyone who isn't a cop or something??

Anyway I ran breathlessly up the stairs to the correct corridor and basically stood around looking like an idiot for a few minutes trying to figure out where the hell I was ACTUALLY supposed to go, when a cop opened a random unnumbered side door and peaked out and asked what I was standing there for. I told him who I was and what I was there for and he basically told me that I was supposed to have been meeting with him about 15 minutes ago, and where the hell was I? I explained that I got shuffled into the line for jury duty and he sort of rolled his eyes like he had heard that one before, and then told me he had no reason to keep his meeting with me, but he did anyway and brought me in.

I knew all along that I was speeding. I just wanted to see what kind of video evidence they had on me and how good their video resolution was. I just wanted the inside-baseball perspective, because I was a delivery driver and wanted them to show me what they had on me in case they caught me doing it again.

Long story short, I walked out of there guilty as hell and had to pay a hefty fine, but now I knew how their dashcam-based evidence system worked and wasted a bunch of their time forcing them to spill those beans to me.

So, on a scale of 1-10, this was about a 1 on the police brutality scale. Possibly even a 0. Apologies to anyone who decided reading this post was worth even a moment of their god-given time on this Earth. :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU