Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Nothing too bad.

Once I was driving from Florida to North Carolina and somewhere near the Florida/Georgia border I took a wrong turn when trying to get back on the highway and ended up on this narrow two-lane road that went on forever, so I tried making a u-turn and got stuck in the mud. A cop pulls over and he said "What were doing that you got stuck in the mud?" as if it wasn't obvious and I said I was trying to make a u-turn and he said "Well that was stupid. I can't help you." so that was that, but right after that some friendly rednecks drove by in a truck and pulled me out and I was on my way.

And as I type this I now remember the other part of this story - so when we were getting my car out of the mud my clothes got all muddy, so I stopped at a gas station to change. I used the bathroom which was just a one toilet/one person at a time deal. After coming out, another guy goes in, and then I immediately realize I must have dropped my wallet, so I waited for the other guy to come back out then go in and grab my wallet and immediately realize it's missing all of my cash.

I come back out and the guy was buying lotto tickets. I was like "Hey rear end in a top hat you just took my money" and he gets this "Oh poo poo" look and the guy at the counter must have pushed the call the police button because within five minutes a different cop showed up and after I explained everything he just said "Well there's no way to prove he stole your money" and so then the lotto ticket guy's wife goes on a rant about how unfair it was for me to accuse her husband, how hard they work, she's so angry she's shaking, so the cop apologizes to them and leaves and the wife continued to flip out on me for being such a horrible person lol.

Oh and one other detail I just remembered - when I told the cop I left my wallet in the bathroom he got all suspicious and asked me "What were you doing with your wallet out in the bathroom" all incredulous like

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

This wasn't a direct experience, but it's the worst thing I ever heard a cop say myself. I was at a high school football game and this cop was in the crowd bitching about someone who speeds down the street he lives on and he said "If I catch him speeding down my street again I'll take care of him and they won't find the body."

The town in question actually had the whole police force fired for corruption. They were doing coke and banging the girls at the high school and running a cock fighting ring.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

My dad has more interesting cop stories. Both from the 70s in or around Waynesburg PA.

The first was at a concert. I think it was Fleetwood Mac? He was in line to get in and someone opened a beer and it splashed on a cop. They passed the beer back in the line and he ended up with it. The cops confronted him and he told them to gently caress off, and he says the next thing he knew five cops tackled him and one started choking him with a baton and asked if he wanted to see the concert but he was being choked so couldn't really talk. They ended up not doing anything and letting him in.

The second time he got arrested for a DUI and I guess he mouthed off again and said they wouldn't be so tough without their guns, so the cop takes off his gun and acts like they were gonna go at it one on one, and he said the next thing he knew ten cops were stomping the poo poo out of him and then they threw him in jail.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

One of the themes coming out of this thread so far is that cops waste a lot of time and resources when there is no actual crime and are completely lazy and do nothing when an actual crime has occurred.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

My old polling place was at a fire station and the only parking was the side of the road so the cops just hung out giving everyone tickets for trying to vote.