Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Nighttime, Atlanta, 1996: I was 9, my great-uncle slowed but still went through a yellow light, we were accosted by the extremely aggressive & rude police and I was worried that we were going to die. My worry was probably exaggerated since I was a kid -- I mean, I don't think the cop pulled a gun on us or anything, but still. And yes, my great-uncle and I are both Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

EL BROMANCE posted:

“No, I do not give you permission to search my person or my vehicle”. They might make you wait while they get a K-9 unit to find some probable cause, but it’s likely they’ll just give up unless they genuinely had suspicions above ‘let’s see what bullshit I can pin on this person’.

I'm pretty sure that if I said this, I would get dragged out of my car and shot at least a dozen times

frumpykvetchbot posted:

ACAB but is this thread a safe space for posting best cop experience also or do we need a separate one?

The literal first word of the thread title is "worst", I'd assume any standalone neutral or positive experiences would/should be in their own thread but I'm not the forums police

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

kntfkr posted:

My most recent experience with pigs was pretty bad. I got dog searched while on my lunch break. Love when pigs ask "Why are you nervous?" Because you're a loving subhuman monster who can murder me with impunity much?

I feel like pigs are too nice, and bacon is too delicious, for the police to be referred to in such a manner. Shouldn't they be nicknamed something uglier and/or crueler? Maybe mosquitos. :thunk: