Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Cookfia! Man, I love soup, and temperatures have dropped significantly lately for some goddamn reason, so this fits well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Ooh, soup, perfect for the season! Spring pulled an April Fool's prank on us and it snowed yesterday lol, supposed to be cold all week.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Here it just rains all the time. I could use some soup to warm up.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Grandicap posted:

Also Flash deal 1 is up, it's Fusion. Typically, that's combining two types of cuisine, like a Bulgogi Taco, or a Paella Briyani, or a Sushi Burrito or something like that, but fuse whatever the hell you want if you can explain why it should count, I will probably give you the points.

Okay, bet. I'm thinking bulgolgi breakfast tacos Monday morning when I'm back in town.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I have my own recipe for breakfast bulgogi tacos and make them regularly, I'm not just copying that from your post

I HAVE ORIGINAL THOUGHTS I SWEAR

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Ooh, soup, perfect for the season! Spring pulled an April Fool's prank on us and it snowed yesterday lol, supposed to be cold all week.

Lucky, it’s been close to 90 F down here. Should cool down over the weekend though!

I have a kitchen this time so those of you expecting Pringle water will be disappointed

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My schedule got a bit messed up today so the originally planned soup will have to be tomorrow. However, I had an incredibly bad idea for the fusion flash deal so look forward to that.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Grandicap posted:

:siren:Some minor changes to those of you have played in these games before. The Spice Rack is now more public than it has ever been, instead of just a descriptor of the spice, you get the full role name. Not a description, but way more than there was in the past. All spice info is in the second post if you need to know what to buy and how much it costs, and what it does.

Combinations are still unknown and specifics about the roles are unknown until you buy the spice, or combine the blend.:siren:

Also Flash deal 1 is up, it's Fusion. Typically, that's combining two types of cuisine, like a Bulgogi Taco, or a Paella Briyani, or a Sushi Burrito or something like that, but fuse whatever the hell you want if you can explain why it should count, I will probably give you the points.

I've been trying to convince my husband that Maggi noodle soup counts as a variation of ramen but he refuses to believe me, so I'll have to come up with something different

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
oh hey this game started neat

Hi friends what's cookin?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m heading to the grocery store now

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Dang it I forgot to start a poolish last night for some bread to go with menemen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I forget, can we combine challenges? Like make a fusion soup?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I forget, can we combine challenges? Like make a fusion soup?

You can only claim points once per dish you cook.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But you can cook two dishes in one meal.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

But you can cook two dishes in one meal.

That’s the cowards way

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Swole Korean Jesus take the wheel, I have no idea how this is going to go

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I made Potato Soup!

It's a pretty standard soup recipe, you fry some bacon bits, cut up whatever vegetables you think would fit, include potatoes, cook them until soft, then you puree the whole thing.

This recipe is Alfie-Approved!*

*Disclaimer: Not guaranteed to prove any actual quality, as Alfie approves of anything even remotely edible and several things that aren't.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Swole Korean Jesus take the wheel, I have no idea how this is going to go

:swoon:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I have some ideas for soup, fusion little less sure about

We're gonna be trying to do some real budget cooking so don't expect anything super fancy (I never make anything fancy anyway)

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i want to make something with the gnocchi in my pantry but idk what would fuse well. taco gnocchi seems kinda boring.

curry gnocchi, on the other hand.... but i've never made curry in my life and idk what to do

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Obviously, from the ingredients above, you can tell we're making pizza.

Obviously, from the ingredients above, you can tell we're making twigim (Korean tempura).

Look at this beauty. Ham and mozzarella pizza topped with battered and fried shrimp, lotus root and pepper. The sauce is a simple mix of gochujang, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and water.

You know, I still have some batter left over.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

... actually, the battered and fried pizza is really good.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

You say that as if you had any doubts??

That looks amazing great job! My soup will be coming later this evening.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Just letting everybody know that since my recipe is a dessert I'm functionally immortal until we get to the 4th course

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bought ingredients that I probably won't use tonight (maybe I'll get high and make soup, the perfect stoner snack)

I was going to suggest Grandi should make a category 4/20 themed, as in the stupidest food combinations that you'd only eat to satisfy a craving/have the munchies.

Examples are totchos (tater tots + nacho toppings)
Mac and cheese pizza bites
Frito pie
Milky Way hot mess (chocolate cake piled with an unholy amount of ice cream, candy and toppings)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Since it's 4/20, I'll be making a pot roast that essentially is a soup. Will report back. I guess the soup truly is on!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm probably not going to make soup until next week so let's drag this thing out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

poo poo, what do people use for image hosting now? I forgot imgur doesn't work right anymore

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Opopanax posted:

poo poo, what do people use for image hosting now? I forgot imgur doesn't work right anymore

I'll probably use https://imgbb.com/ again, with a good ad blocker it's okay (when I looked it up on mobile it was banner ad and video heavy).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Chilled Lime and Basil, Sweet, Sour and Smokey Soup

[timg]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1229582893974687865/1231091925977661480/IMG_1953.jpg?ex=6635b2b3&is=66233db3&hm=68b084224aaca502278c1d34bdb3f5332eafdd754e2d4574bc38d7c5efa36078&[/timg

Points me up Grandi

Opop you can post them in your confessional and then timg the “share” link. See broken quote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

... actually, the battered and fried pizza is really good.

Jesus Christ that looks so loving good

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

And yeah everyone’s food is making me hungry

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

only a scum would feel hungry, town's warm little hearts give us all the happiness we need ##vote Voodoofly

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Potato Salad posted:

only a scum would feel hungry, town's warm little hearts give us all the happiness we need ##vote Voodoofly

Man the least human response I’ve ever heard to people posting pictures of tasty looking food

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Potato Salad posted:

Person named potato salad doesn’t like food?!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maerlyn posted:

I'll probably use https://imgbb.com/ again, with a good ad blocker it's okay (when I looked it up on mobile it was banner ad and video heavy).

Good lord that site is bad. I'll just use, ugh, discord

For fusion I have some Key Lime Cheesecake Bars I made. They're going to chill overnight and then tomorrow I'll cut them up and top with some whipped cream and zest. Also zesting and juicing key limes is a loving nightmare and now I remember why I never make anything with them

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 21, 2024

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Key limes suck so bad and I will do everything I can to avoid using them for anything

Tasty though

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Opopanax posted:

Good lord that site is bad. I'll just use, ugh, discord

For fusion I have some Key Lime Cheesecake Bars I made. They're going to chill overnight and then tomorrow I'll cut them up and top with some whipped cream and zest. Also zesting and juicing key limes is a loving nightmare and now I remember why I never make anything with them

oof, I'm envious. Definitely a favorite dessert.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Well, apparently the kids want Italian food and not pot roast, and my wife rolled her eyes at my terrible 4/20 pot roast dad joke, she doesn't understand that the pot roast is best by today, 4/20 and that the meal would be sublime, not just because of my impeccable and truly amazing sense of humor, but oh well... the meat will hold for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

Well, apparently the kids want Italian food and not pot roast, and my wife rolled her eyes at my terrible 4/20 pot roast dad joke, she doesn't understand that the pot roast is best by today, 4/20 and that the meal would be sublime, not just because of my impeccable and truly amazing sense of humor, but oh well... the meat will hold for another day.

Italian style pot roast?