Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I made today's deal fusion specifically for this dish, kind of the namesake of the thread.
Spicy Naan-achos.
I've never made Naan, or any flatbreads really, and have been wanting to give it a shot, and what better reason than a bad pun!

Ingredients for the Naan! (I used this recipe https://www.recipetineats.com/naan-recipe/) Apparently I got pics of all the wets, but didn't get a pic of the drys, but I think you can imagine what a bowl of flour and a pinch of salt looks like. Combine lightly until a dough forms. It'll be sticky and you don't want gluten development so don't overmix, and definitely don't knead.

Do the let it rise until doubled in size stuff, then split into 6 roughly equal balls of dough, let rise again for like 15 minutes.

Roll it out, you want pretty thin, and oblong, like naan shaped.
[timg]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1231065403749437461/1232054878545645588/PXL_20240422_185124202.jpg?ex=66281005&is=6626be85&hm=d20d74ffac436a8cb2f15f7b37391007b9cef48a2e289acc6ed09c2e7d1bdac9&[timg]
Cook in a cast iron skillet if you don't have a tandoor. Heat retention and high heat are key. About a minute on each side.

Divide the cooked naan into chip sized portions then deep fry to make naan chips.

You need toppings for nachos, let's combine rotel, black beans and premixed jalfrezi curry sauce. Heat until warmed through.

Assemble! Layer some chips, some bean stuff, some cheese, repeat! You can throw in the oven to melt the cheese if you want, but my bean stuff was hot enough to do it on it's own.

This was a wonderful fusion and naan is super easy so now that's in my toolbelt. I have leftovers so this will be lunch for a few days. I only cooked half of my naan, I fridged the other dough balls, I hope they'll cook up all right for the rest of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Grandicap posted:

Votefinder isn't wrong, just a little early.

Token Female replaces Potato Salad

Oh swell! I won’t be near a computer for deadline so I’m going to put a vote down

Lurker lunch who’s in?
##vote sandwolf

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Voodoofly posted:

After everything is out you might just need to reduce it by like half. You are basically just removing the water and concentrating the flavor.

I reduce most stocks I make by a third or a half

I tried, but it had way too much water and the fire suuuucks, it took ages to boil. I plan on doing so if I use it later on!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Heya!

Can you tell me more about your maerlyn vote. It feels like meta that I'm unaware of

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

Heya!

Can you tell me more about your maerlyn vote. It feels like meta that I'm unaware of

Btw im not aware of my role yet. I'll find out when I can join the discord in like an hour or so.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Token Female posted:

Heya!

Well cookfia meta in that cooking has no bearing on alignment and Maer knows that so it feels like a made up reason

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Illusionis posted:

Well cookfia meta in that cooking has no bearing on alignment and Maer knows that so it feels like a made up reason

I think you vote is reasonable. Im just trying to see how serious cloaca's vote is.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

##vote Idle Amalgam stranger danger

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am heading out to my Seder for passover shortly. Any spice purchases and point stuff that you get in before deadline, will be able to be blended and stuff as if it were still d1 even if I don't process it until after deadline.

I think I am up to date on purchases and point awards, if not ping me and let me know.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Token Female posted:

Heya!

Not really meta, I put out an obviously bad TPC vote to see if anybody would call this scummy and she bit

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Seal sleeping now

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Cloacamazing! posted:

Not really meta, I put out an obviously bad TPC vote to see if anybody would call this scummy and she bit

Gotcha

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

My submission for soup.

Walk away noodles

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
32oz of beef stock
1 lb of egg noodles

Step 1:
Boil butter, stock

Step 2:
Add egg noodles

Step 3:
Boil for 5 minutes

Step 4:
Turn off heat and cover for 25 minutes, walk away.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wins32767 posted:

My submission for soup.

Walk away noodles

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
32oz of beef stock
1 lb of egg noodles

Step 1:
Boil butter, stock

Step 2:
Add egg noodles

Step 3:
Boil for 5 minutes

Step 4:
Do you ever walk back? Or is this a going out for a pack of cigarettes dish?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Those poor noodles I hope somebody ate them :ohdear:

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Do you ever walk back? Or is this a going out for a pack of cigarettes dish?

I mean, you can if you want to. I ate them with a nice pork chop.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Good to know there was no noodle abandonment

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

##vote wins for being a deadbeat noodle father

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tea Party Crasher posted:

##vote wins for being a deadbeat noodle father

:goofy:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wins32767 posted:

My submission for soup.

Walk away noodles

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
32oz of beef stock
1 lb of egg noodles

Step 1:
Boil butter, stock

Step 2:
Add egg noodles

Step 3:
Boil for 5 minutes

Step 4:

I refuse to believe this is soup, there's not nearly enough broth. This is just plain rear end egg noodles.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also i just realized deadline is in like 4 hours. please do not hammer until i cook dinner ty.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

##vote Illu this seems like an overreaction to that vote.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i'll be watching urinetown when hammer happens

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

saladscooper posted:

##vote Illu this seems like an overreaction to that vote.

agreed, I think tpc's vote was a fine jape.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
What we playing hardball in the kitchen now

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

What we playing hardball in the kitchen now

no, your father is cooking in there. don't you have homework you could be doing?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

no, your father is cooking in there. don't you have homework you could be doing?

I'm already late for my sleepclass yeah

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Considering making bonus savory pancakes out of pure curiosity

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Fusion:

Grilled burgers topped with kimchi , ABC spicy sweet soy sauce, and gochujang glazed bacon strips (also grilled). (not pictured grilled ears of corn buttered and rolled in salt and gochugaru)

Korean/Classic US cook out fusion.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Fusion:

Grilled burgers topped with kimchi , ABC spicy sweet soy sauce, and gochujang glazed bacon strips (also grilled). (not pictured grilled ears of corn buttered and rolled in salt and gochugaru)

drat I wouldn't vote you just based on the fact that this looks goddamn delicious

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Those are some drat fine lookin burgs

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CapitalistPig posted:

Fusion:

I hate you so bad - I just finished eating canned tuna and lettuce as my very late lunch and then you show me this!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Tea Party Crasher's bonus weirdo savory pancakes

So I'm pet-sitting right now, and there weren't a lot of options to choose from as far as cooking goes. So I decided to improvise this just to see if it would work.

I'm not going to lie these are actually better than I even thought they were going to be. Basically what I did was I made my usual single serving pancake mix, but this time with additional salt, garlic powder, curry powder, Rosemary and thyme.

Then I cooked some sliced ham and salted peppers, which I separated until it was time to bring all the ingredients together. I decided to add some sliced black olives at this point, which was a good decision.

Naturally, normal pancake rules applied. Cooked the first one through, then the second, which I topped with some provolone and added a little bit of water with a cover to get it to melt.

The only surviving picture of this experiment before I devoured it:

Personally, I liked it a lot. I think the thing that really made it work was the curry powder that I mixed with the flower honestly. It made all the flavors of the pepper and olives a lot brighter.

Also because I said I was pet sitting, naturally you should meet Eddie:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

As far as the actual game goes, tmor is the only one who has genuinely pinged me today so ##vote tired moritz

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Tea Party Crasher's bonus weirdo savory pancakes

So I'm pet-sitting right now, and there weren't a lot of options to choose from as far as cooking goes. So I decided to improvise this just to see if it would work.

I'm not going to lie these are actually better than I even thought they were going to be. Basically what I did was I made my usual single serving pancake mix, but this time with additional salt, garlic powder, curry powder, Rosemary and thyme.

Then I cooked some sliced ham and salted peppers, which I separated until it was time to bring all the ingredients together. I decided to add some sliced black olives at this point, which was a good decision.

Naturally, normal pancake rules applied. Cooked the first one through, then the second, which I topped with some provolone and added a little bit of water with a cover to get it to melt.

The only surviving picture of this experiment before I devoured it:

Personally, I liked it a lot. I think the thing that really made it work was the curry powder that I mixed with the flower honestly. It made all the flavors of the pepper and olives a lot brighter.

Also because I said I was pet sitting, naturally you should meet Eddie:

Honestly there's lots of different types of savory pancakes in various places around the world. One of my favorites is chinese scallion pancakes. These look really good and i like the creativity.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Potato Salad appears to have run into some real life trouble, that might be a decent vote if only to avoid a double elimination if no replacement is found.

I'm still catching up but I sure hope you all voted crab for this very scummy post ##vote hct

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

usually on day 1 I vote the person who I'm most interested to see their recipe.

Which is usually science

Opop: did you make a monstrosity this time around?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
for my soup submission, i submit spicy soup instant noodles

it has my name on it OMG

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (2): Maerlyn, Tea Party Crasher
Maerlyn (2): Illusionis, Cloacamazing!
Hyper Crab Tank (1): Opopanax
Illusionis (1): saladscooper
merk (1): Voodoofly, Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped
Sandwolf (1): Pussy Quipped
Idle Amalgam (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
wins32767 (0): Opopanax, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Opopanax
Tea Party Crasher (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!

Not Voting (9): CapitalistPig, Hyper Crab Tank, Idle Amalgam, merk, Sandwolf, Tired Moritz, Token Female, WindwardAway, wins32767

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 22nd, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##vote maerlyn