Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tired Moritz TOWN-aligned Chili and Anger has been executed D1.

It is my firm belief that man can subsist on nothing more then chili and anger.

To that end, I have decided to share my own favorite chili recipe with the lot of you, so that you may convert your shame and anger into chili and anger. In this way, I am the best humanitarian who has ever or will ever survive.

I'm going to be breaking a few sacred chili rules here. Too bad; I apologize to no one.

Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground PORK (perfect way to uncover jews)
2 packages of french onion soup mix (be prepared for your chili to surrender)
2 tablespoons of chili powder (less if you're a baby, more if you're a man)
4 teaspoons of ground cumin (omit this and I will devour your soul)
1 teaspoon of black pepper (slightly racist)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or none if you're heaving a heart attack right now)
6 ejaculations (squirts) of Tabasco sauce
1 21-ounce can of red beans and 1 21-ounce can of black beans (I have a dream)
2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste with garlic (regular tomato paste = you're an rear end in a top hat)
2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce (real men need more than just paste)
1 yellow, orange or red pepper, chopped up (green peppers are Satan's taint)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (yes, you can slice your own mushrooms, smartass)

Instructions:

Put the meat in a huge chili pot and brown it over medium heat
Add 4 cups of water and the french onion soup mix. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes
Stir in the spices and the Tabasco and simmer for another minute or two
Add the beans, the mushrooms and the chopped pepper
Turn to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, 40 is better, stirring every 5-10
Call your mother and tell her she's not allowed to hug you anymore

And that's it, you're done. You just went from a pathetic, flaccid pushover to a chili-chewing boner-owner in about an hour. Your life will thank me.

Who's next? Don't even think about posting a recipe with corn in it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Tired Moritz's Chili and Anger is worth 30 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Cloacamazing!'s Chili and Anger
In honor of TMor's haute cuisine.

So we had leftover chili from the Mexico Döner. I had some for lunch yesterday and I'm going to reheat some for lunch today.

Now in the meantime, may I direct your attention to this sparkly clean pan that just last morning was very much not cleaned from having been used to make chili with?

Now the kitchen door was closed when the chili remains mysteriously disappeared, alongside of a portion of dog food, a carton of milk and several carrots.

Evidence A: There are bite marks shaped like my dog's teeth in the carrots.

Evidence B: There are also bite marks of the same shape in the milk carton.

Evidence C: My dog had some strangely liquid shits yesterday, which clearly contained corn.

Conclusion: Alfie has learned how to open doors. I caught him later that evening trying to get into the kitchen again. We have rotated the kitchen door handle 90 degrees and not given him any dinner because he already ate his.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I don't know freedom units off the top of my head, but that recipe seems like it makes a huge batch

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Illusionis posted:

I don't know freedom units off the top of my head, but that recipe seems like it makes a huge batch

Yeah there's 2.2 lbs in 1 kg so that's a good amount of pork

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It needs a lot of pork because this is a very manly recipe. Sadly, I am a woman, Alfie is castrated and my husband bought the new purple and pink sports shirt of the German soccer team, so we're all too female and weak to handle this chili, which is why we're putting corn in.

We are also not manly enough for French onion soup mix in chili, I suppose. Which, fair enough.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Yeah I think I'm gonna halve that recipe

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

Conclusion: Alfie has learned how to open doors. I caught him later that evening trying to get into the kitchen again. We have rotated the kitchen door handle 90 degrees and not given him any dinner because he already ate his.

If you have a doorway to your kitchen you can babygate it so you aren't forced to answer a riddle or dribble a basketball (things dogs can't do) to access your kitchen.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I might just make Cincinnati chili and call it a day

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

saladscooper posted:

I might just make Cincinnati chili and call it a day

Prevoting salad for tomorrow

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

If you have a doorway to your kitchen you can babygate it so you aren't forced to answer a riddle or dribble a basketball (things dogs can't do) to access your kitchen.

Babygate sounds like it's worth a try, thanks!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Opopanax posted:

Prevoting salad for tomorrow

omgus

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

Someone hasn't seen critically acclaimed masterpiece Air Bud

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cloacamazing! posted:

what the hell did this baby do

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

Speaking from experience it's great, splurging for the walk through door is worth it if that's available in Germany but there's also just cheap wooden ones.

We have one for the bathroom too because our dog ate the cats food and medicine (pill packs with foil and all, wtf dog). They induced vomiting but he was okay.

Grandicap posted:

I haven't! Alfie also sounds like the type to overcome any potential obstacle...Clo might have the next Air Bud on her hands

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

what the hell did this baby do

Chaos and destruction.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

No one said a dog can’t be a sous chef

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
He's eating all the ingredients raw, Sand!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

Sorry he’s BUILT DIFFERENT

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

Chili sushi style

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Brat Pasta

The recipe calls for uncooked brats but I accidentally bought fully cooked so I got to skip one step. Cut into bites and brown them up a bit:

Add cream cheese and diced tomatoes, stir until cream cheese melted (it looks pretty gross at this stage not gonna lie):

Meanwhile cook your pasta (I didn't realize it was going to be the full bag so the pot was a little crowded):

Add chicken broth and ALL THE SPICES:

Also add pasta, stir it up:

This is far too beige for my taste, so I add a bit of spinach to my bowl. Next time we'll add sauteed onions and peppers too, it needs some veggies:

The amiibos are watching (my husband has been playing Tears of the Kingdom)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

mild chili powder is a drat liar

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam's Special Guest Recipe Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots has been killed N1.

Ingredients
▢1 kg / 2 lb carrots , peeled (Note 1)
▢1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar , loosely packed (Note 2)
▢2 garlic cloves , minced
▢2 tbsp butter (30g) , melted (or olive oil)
▢1 tbsp olive oil
▢½ tsp salt
▢¼ tsp black pepper
▢Parsley , for garnish (optional)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 220C/425F (standard) or 200C/400F (fan).
Cut carrot on the diagonal into 4cm / 1.75” lengths. Halve thicker end so they are all roughly the same width.
Toss in a bowl with sugar, butter, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto tray, spread out.
Roast 15 minutes. Toss, then roast a further 10 minutes until soft and caramelised on the edges with plenty of glaze left on the tray.
Toss carrots in the glaze, sprinkle with parsley if using. Serve warm.

Idle Amalgam's Special Guest Recipe Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are worth 30 points.

It is now Day 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): CapitalistPig, Cloacamazing!, Hyper Crab Tank, Illusionis, Maerlyn, merk, Opopanax, Pussy Quipped, saladscooper, Sandwolf, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, Voodoofly, WindwardAway, wins32767

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 26th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi everyone. I’ve been feeling under the weather today but I should be making some chili tomorrow!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pussy Quipped posted:

Hi everyone. I’ve been feeling under the weather today but I should be making some chili tomorrow!

Chili is great food when you are sick!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So when are we going to try scum hunting?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

wins32767 posted:

Care to demonstrate good sir

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

So what is a Chili? I think you can break it down to four main ingredients: base, protein, aromatics, and picante. There are also flourishes, such as fresh onion, fresh cilantro, cheese, etc, but at the end of the day the four bases are what makes it a chili!

So, about that "break it down" idea? What if we really break it down and present . . .

Voodoo's Deconstructed Chili and Anger Avocado Spread

The players:

Base: Superflux Colour and Shape IPA, as we all know beer is a good chili base

Protein: ground beef that I hastily thawed in a pot with some dripping water, because above all else chili is pantry food where you use what you have!

Aromatics: onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic, lime, and salt, brought together in an avocado spread

Picante: Provided four ways: the garlic in the avocado spread, some curry powder for the beef (this is backup as a fusion dish if Grandi refuses to recognize this obvious chili dish), the red chile in the jack cheese, and every lazy person's secret ingredient, Valentina's!

The process:

Start with your ingredients:

Prepare the Avocado Spread:

Season and cook the beef:

Prepare the base:

Assemble your plating station:

Enjoy your Deconstructed Chili and Avocado Spread!!!

The best part is you can also transform your deconstructed chili and avocado as a wrap!!! Imagine that!!!

A versatile dish indeed, and one that has never been called anything but Deconstructed Chili and Avocado Spread.

Points me up Grandi!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was going to ask if sloppy joes can count but I guess that answers it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

I was going to ask if sloppy joes can count but I guess that answers it

It’s like you don’t even remember the time Hal teeth-julienned some carrots

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I repress a lot of Cookfias

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am still trying to forget timpano for example

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I am still trying to forget timpano for example

Someday I will tackle that mountain

Someday

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cowards

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Every time I see it at that local restaurant I’m tempted, but then I remember seeing yours.. my stomach will burst

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Every time I see it at that local restaurant I’m tempted, but then I remember seeing yours.. my stomach will burst

You just cut it into pieces you don't eat the whole thing. I really need to watch Big Night sometime

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

they sell that for human consumption? To the public?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

You just cut it into pieces you don't eat the whole thing. I really need to watch Big Night sometime

yes, yes you do

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wins32767 posted:

Well IA made three posts and didn't cook because his family was unsupportive of his plans, so I don't have much to hunt there. Also Grandi refuses to count my Chili and Anger dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Idle Amalgam's Special Guest Recipe Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots has been killed N1.

Ingredients
▢1 kg / 2 lb carrots , peeled (Note 1)
▢1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar , loosely packed (Note 2)
▢2 garlic cloves , minced
▢2 tbsp butter (30g) , melted (or olive oil)
▢1 tbsp olive oil
▢½ tsp salt
▢¼ tsp black pepper
▢Parsley , for garnish (optional)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 220C/425F (standard) or 200C/400F (fan).
Cut carrot on the diagonal into 4cm / 1.75” lengths. Halve thicker end so they are all roughly the same width.
Toss in a bowl with sugar, butter, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto tray, spread out.
Roast 15 minutes. Toss, then roast a further 10 minutes until soft and caramelised on the edges with plenty of glaze left on the tray.
Toss carrots in the glaze, sprinkle with parsley if using. Serve warm.

Idle Amalgam's Special Guest Recipe Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are worth 30 points.

It is now Day 2.

Hold on hold on

A sauce with sugar fat salt garlic and pepper covering a carrot?