Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This post is breadcrumbing vanilla

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tea Party Crasher posted:

##vote fool of sound

you hosed up. you should have started tunneling on your first post.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Was earnestly hoping that cube had some insane content game this time that we could bicker about and generate some posts

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bad post

Real bad post AND out of character for tpc. They don’t make hesitant observations like this. They vote first and ask questions later.

##vote tpc

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry for screenshots instead of quotes I’m on mobile and trying to format quotes sucks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##vote tea party crasher

apparently the vote didnt register

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

they had a townie feeling gut vote out of the gate

rrrrrreally? that looks like a bog standard joke vote to me?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

##vote Obama their "would vote cube" post is beyond stinky. behold my opinions changing in the spam of 3 minutes. also willing to go for binus, won't vote somber today.

I'm not seeing what you find stinky about it?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
cube it goes without saying that people will pretty much just come around on someone at day end for d1. i dunno why anyone would feel the need to say "wel-l i'll actually vote anyone". feels performative.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

they outright said that it's not

i read that as sarcastic but :shrug:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

this is the offending post. it's self-conscious and based on what is imo a silly premise, that cube of all people answering for someone else makes him appear scummy

i could see the self-conscious maybe but i don't think the premise is particularly silly. scum have been winning games on SA lately by aggressively controlling the conversation while town lurks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'd rather not vote for salad, because I read their engagement with me as towny. TPC is still my firm preference.

I'm torn about yeeting YPM. One one hand we get little information, on the other I'm getting sick of the meta of a few people every game just eating a lurker warning on d1 because day 1 sucks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Votefinder seems to be having some issues keeping up with posts today so be aware that the vote count might not be accurate at all times.

Anyway, I'll vote for binus as we get closer to deadline, since I don't want to vote salad.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm goin to the gym now so

##vote binus

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
binus (and salad) are still on the board today for obvious reasons but a couple other observations

---cube's weird misvote at the end of d1 immediately after tpc's last second swap. not super sure what to make of that motion but it feels off
---tpc's play felt more normal towards the end of day 1 on the whole, barring the instance above
---binus feeling the need to point out their correct call on tmor feels like fishing for cred

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

So is it TPC and binus? We could've not no-ex'd if they went that way.

##vote TPC

:goofy:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

How the gently caress was mine the mis-vote? I followed TPC and kept f5'ing until Circl locked the thread.

Timestamp suggest you forgot to f5 before posting that first vote

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Wait

Cube is right, if TPC had voted binus it wouldnt have been a noexe

After my vote it was -2 on both with cube on salad. So with TPC and cube around, the correct play would have been for both to move to binus.

We need to flip one of binus or tpc today.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Wasn't Binus -1? That's what salad's post said anyway.

no??

saladscooper posted:

we need two people to vote binus or two to vote me. please make a decision

both were -2 but cube, who said there were around, was on salad already and couldnt hammer there. they could have hammered on binus if you had voted there.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

So here is Cube voting about 40 minutes before deadline

Cube confirming to salad directly that he is around 5 minutes before execution. Then I vote salad, and what does cube do?

cube was already on salad he could not vote again

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

So either way that one of us would have voted, it would have still been a noexe without another vote, right?

no if you had voted binus then cube could have moved off of salad and hammered

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
She can't help her dwarven blood.

Anyway, I don't love how quickly binus took momentum and then... nothing for hours at -1. That suggests that scum are already on the vote OR, worse, binus is scum in a 3 scum team and we need all but one town vote to flip them.

I still think we'll get the most information from slipping binus or tpc but a little hesitant from the near-turbo.

It kinda makes me want to park a vote on Obama just to see what happens to the voting patterns.

Hell why not?

##vote obama

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Wrt "scum is already on binus" vs "binus is on a 3 scum team" i think the former is proooobably more likely? 3 scum in a 10 game with all vanilla is probably a bit much.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'd like to hear binus' new reads now that they've jumped off obama without revoting. Right now I can't help but wonder if binus' tunneling on obama was distancing, because I don't understand the thought process of their reconsideration.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##vote tpc

There was no reason not to let binus give their new reads.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think it would have been useful to know what binus was thinking after moving off Obama, yes, especially given that there was ample time and it’s not like you’re forced to f5 the thread when there’s no activity. Do something else until deadline is approaching or binus posts.

What I think happened is that you were getting annoyed that nobody hammered for you after hours and hours of binus sitting at -1, and were worried about a last minute swerve as deadline approached.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Maug the idea that hammering clears tpc is pure wifom. It’s a bad scum move so people don’t suspect that scum will do it, making it in fact a good scum move.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It lets scum cash out on a misyeet and generates “too dumb for scum” cred. It’s a plausibly deniable turbo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh it also for tpc specifically lets them decouple themself from causing the noexe on d1 wrt to binus.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Also lol that tpc in the same breath votes me while theorizing that the scum in contained in the first four votes on binus

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My reads are, from scum to town: tpc>salad>obama>maug>cube>somber. I'm pretty much only interested in voting those top three today. That said I don't think that tpc and salad are scum together; I don't see tpc as making taking the risk of leaving salad at -1 on day 1 when they could have just as easily and less suspiciously joined the binus vote. So I think that the scum team must be tpc OR salad + obama OR maug. I'm 100% town reading somber at this point, and I feel like I have a pretty good meta read on cube and if they're scum in this game they're doing a remarkably good job of hiding their scumtells.

I'm going to briefly reread the interactions between my scum candidates.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

Gut still says there's scum in Obama/Cube/Maugrim but given that there's like only 2 that isn't really useful at all. I'm tied up all afternoon into the evening but I still have a couple hours this morning to read so I'll be doing that

Lol here's salad trying to distance themselves from their partner. Also this is the first we hear of that "gut feeling" that they "still" have despite pushing binus fairly hard the prior day.

saladscooper posted:

i forgot why i wanted to kill him yesterday but i'm assuming i had a good reason for it

Oh jesus christ how did I miss this lol. Not believing a case enough to remember what it was is basically a scumclaim.

Nevermind tpc is just wrong town. It's salad+obama or maug.

##vote salad

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m know I’ve been ruthless in the past but does fos really think I’d be busing salad at this point in the game?

Until I voted salad you were the only vote on them. That's pretty safe distancing even in a 4 vote to kill situation.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
"My scum bud should go ahead and hammer me for cred" said maug

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Whatever, if maug isn't interested in laying out an actual case on someone else then this day has gone on long enough

##vote maug

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It's Obama/Salad. I will not be voting anywhere but one of them.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That little “tee hee im going to trick scum into a failed rush” gambit feels pretty performative Obama.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That said I still prefer salad to obama because I think salad is like 95% chance scum, and obama is like… 70% with an outside chance of scum cube playing unusually well. I still don’t buy somber scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I assume TPC is dead because they tend to swing around and vote unpredictably compared to... everyone else alive atm lol.

I still think that salad is by far the safest elimination today. They've been kinda coasting along quietly since their near-elim d1, staying just under the radar