Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, it is with great pride that I can finally announce The Weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/JhQyyvw.mp4

I finally got my yubikey situation sorted out and just having that albatross off my neck is a godsend. Going to celebrate with some big steaks on the grill and delicious beers with a movie. :)

Tomorrow is going to get my car emissions test done for real this time and maybe hitting up a brewery nearby afterwards.
Sunday is looking like great weather so it might be time to take in some frisbee golf at the big park.

What fun adventures await you for your weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
gonna band the first baby parrots today :ohdear:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:toot:

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
my brother and his fam are taking care of a couple cats for a while for his friend while he unfucks his living situation, so i’m taking the kids over tonight to hang out and pet some cats :3:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

about to head out to a baseball game

idk about the rest of the weekend but the weather looks nice. probably gonna go for a bike ride.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
was hurting everywhere today because carrying diving gear up and down a bunch of stairs like i did yesterday sucks. any rumors that this is because i am a scrawny out-of-shape dweeb is pure slander

rather unfortunately, this weekend isn't looking too great from a see-the-sun-and-don't-get-rained-on point of view, so i doubt i'll be spending much time outside. i might've played rimworld a bunch since there's a new update and dlc out, but i play with roughly 200 mods that i simply cannot live without so i'll wait longer until more of them are updated. special shout-out to steam for not updating the mods that did get updated forcing me to try everything from verifying file integrity, clearing the download cache, deleting all mod data manually, and un-subscribing/re-subscribing to each one to maybe finally get it to download the latest version

maybe i'll just keep working on this small project i started to get myself back into c++. by which i mean a little while back i stumbled upon the bitfunnel paper in the pile of crap i call my "to-read" list, which led me to trying my hand at implementing bloom filters with special attention to performance, which led to wanting to estimate things like conditional probabilities and entropy and all that, which led to starting to implement some general probability/information theory library with templates which can be used at compile time as much as possible, which is all due to me being literally insane. anyways, i give it about a week before a new shiny thing catches my attention and i forget about all this, but in the meantime it's not the worst time sink

oh also someone mentioned watching yojimbo in the last weekend thread and that reminded me i've been meaning to watch that for a while so i'll try to do that today or tomorrow evening

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

done with the week. it was going to be build gathering weekend but instead i may be helping the host evacuate since his long term relationship abruptly ended yesterday, not sure how this will shake out. if i have time i will take the motorbike out for the first time this year.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

not too much going on, i'm having some furniture delivered and i need to vacuum and clean the location... need to deal with other silly adult things so that i can have better weekends going forward

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

right as we finished dinner the power went out, all thanks to some wimdy conditions and 3rd world power infrastructure owned and operated by a public company that just did stock buybacks and gave the CEO a raise

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ive had "no aloha" by the breeders stuck in my head for days

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

going kayaking for a few hours, then hiking for another few hours today. tomorrow, acupuncture, cupping, mani/pedi and maybe a facial if I’m feeling spicy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
weekend! hopefully my AliExpress package shows up, I’m not holding my breath tho

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the monitor arm holding my iMac is dangerously off centre, so tomorrow I gotta fix that up, and probably should clean off my desk and dust/vacuum all that stuff.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1D9t8n0qA

Spring cleaned all this week and tomorrow I'm gonna load a bunch of stuff into the car and take it to the local drop off place. Then its off to my kids bday party and like 20 screaming 6 year olds should be a good time

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

picked up a dvd of the warriors for five bux but when i popped it in my blu-ray drive to rip it just made a bunch of noise and then nothing happened

now i'm booting up the ol' 2012 lenovo laptop with windows 8 on it because it's the only other computer i have with an optical drive. been about five minutes and hey, look at that, the spinny thing finally gave way to a black screen, so this may be the rest of my night

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Monthly 11pm-3am Goth Night tonight, managed 11:30pm to 1:30am which is fair going for me. Danced some merry jigs, saw a couple folks I haven't seen in about a decade, all good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Weekend!!

Probably not up to much of anything besides tending to post-surgery headache. Beautiful weather tho so I'll at least be doing some walking

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

we played codenames at w*rk for the last two hours of the day, and now i'm kicked back in my recliner at home, wearing my bathrobe and enjoying a cool drink and some daryl hall & john oates on the hi-fi

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

our chicks are too high quality and thus too large for the breed standard leg bands lol. gotta drive back down to the bird store tomorrow and get the next larger size

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
girthy birbs

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

girthy birbs

they get fed good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mediaphage posted:

they get fed good

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

well-read undead posted:

picked up a dvd of the warriors for five bux but when i popped it in my blu-ray drive to rip it just made a bunch of noise and then nothing happened

now i'm booting up the ol' 2012 lenovo laptop with windows 8 on it because it's the only other computer i have with an optical drive. been about five minutes and hey, look at that, the spinny thing finally gave way to a black screen, so this may be the rest of my night

i'll be damned, it worked. got both that and another dvd my newer drive couldn't read ripped, thanks a bunch lovely 12yo laptop

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mediaphage posted:

they get fed good

don't post my scrotum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

weeeeeeekeeeeeeennnnd

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i watched "a better tomorrow." it was good but nothing is as good as hard boiled

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Just got back from 10 days of visiting family and I get to pick up my dog tomorrow morning.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

spent a good chunk messing around with music production stuff on linux. verdict: I still need access to Roland Cloud to get my "signature sound"

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

did some naturin today

now I’m having a litre of franzikaner hefe weissbier and pork knuckle with red cabbage, mash, apple compote and beer jus :getin:

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

caught the ferry back :)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=7_ATZ4ClTCW_Q2WD

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

i watched "a better tomorrow." it was good but nothing is as good as hard boiled

they made a 2!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

shitface posted:

caught the ferry back :)

god I love sydney

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ive had two naps and its not even 10am

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

my mailman came by this morning and told me he's retiring at the end of the month, funny guy, he's from china originally but moved here in the 70s. i'd chat with him on my daily neighborhood walks during covid home time and he'd always hang out whenever he had a moment. 21 years on this route. take a break ron, you've earned it! :cheerdoge:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

after a brief detour into not having a working bootloader, I am back in windows 11

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

after a brief detour into not having a working bootloader, I am back in windows 11

i'm sorry to hear that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the nair is talking to me like the green goblin mask. its getting warm out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it is pretty warm today, oddly enough it was supposed to be raining