Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

dioxazine posted:

it is pretty warm today, oddly enough it was supposed to be raining

It was pleasant out in town today and then hoyed down with rain when I got off the Metro homewards :o:

Copped a fairly rare Y3 hoodie off the TK 'Gold' rack for what tuned out to be an excellent discount.
https://sneakerboxshop.ca/products/adidas-y3-gv6090-ch3-raw-terry-gfx-hoodie-white

Also, uncommon traveler on the Metro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
going to ikea, wish me luck

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

well-read undead posted:

going to ikea, wish me luck

Buy one of these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/iskaerna-led-table-lamp-multicolour-90510399/

(I looked these up and was a little honked they have some weird proprietary bayonet power plug, I thought the EU would have put paid to that bullshit with its 'All USB-C' rulings)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

It was pleasant out in town today and then hoyed down with rain when I got off the Metro homewards :o:

Copped a fairly rare Y3 hoodie off the TK 'Gold' rack for what tuned out to be an excellent discount.
https://sneakerboxshop.ca/products/adidas-y3-gv6090-ch3-raw-terry-gfx-hoodie-white

Also, uncommon traveler on the Metro

now that's a nice hoodie

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

well-read undead posted:

i'll be damned, it worked. got both that and another dvd my newer drive couldn't read ripped, thanks a bunch lovely 12yo laptop

e: oops misread this. glad you got it ripped op

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 13, 2024

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

(I looked these up and was a little honked they have some weird proprietary bayonet power plug, I thought the EU would have put paid to that bullshit with its 'All USB-C' rulings)

does that apply to poo poo like lamps too?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

noticed after updating my IRC bouncer that my linode was completely full (wouldnt have noticed if i didnt check the logs for the bouncer for shits and giggles and see it complaining about a lack of disk space)
turns out i had 3 years of IRC logs taking up 13GB of space on my 25GB linode in both text logs and sqlite databases

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag posted:

noticed after updating my IRC bouncer that my linode was completely full (wouldnt have noticed if i didnt check the logs for the bouncer for shits and giggles and see it complaining about a lack of disk space)
turns out i had 3 years of IRC logs taking up 13GB of space on my 25GB linode in both text logs and sqlite databases

:yosnice:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Buy one of these

this would be great if you could program it with your own patterns, but it just has a handful of presets that react to sound: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/frekvens-led-multi-use-light-black-50420353/

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Buy one of these

you know what i probably will

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Midjack posted:

this would be great if you could program it with your own patterns, but it just has a handful of presets that react to sound: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/frekvens-led-multi-use-light-black-50420353/

Yeah I looked into this, there's a few YT vids with 'hacks' to update the head lamp with home automation etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLD_A3J-rlE

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

garbage dropped off, the kids are full of cake and bow its time for chinese food and motoGP

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

got the trampoline set up in the backyard, got up into the attic and replaced the AC filtered and opened up the whole-house fan (if you have a house you should have one of these), and got an ethernet drop outside so i could set up a backyard camera to watch the chickens.

now i'm just out on the patio with a gin and tonic and thinking about starting up a rimworld game. or stellaris. idk.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

classes start again on monday and im already dreading it. even just thinking about my dissertation is making me depressed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Elder Postsman posted:

got the trampoline set up in the backyard, got up into the attic and replaced the AC filtered and opened up the whole-house fan (if you have a house you should have one of these), and got an ethernet drop outside so i could set up a backyard camera to watch the chickens.

now i'm just out on the patio with a gin and tonic and thinking about starting up a rimworld game. or stellaris. idk.

is there a thread somewhere with a beginners guide to POE network cameras? I’ve been thinking about setting some up but I’d hate to buy all the gear and then find out I hosed up my hardware/software choices

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
ikea trip scrubbed until tomorrow in favor of chore-doing. led head lamp will have to wait

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is there a thread somewhere with a beginners guide to POE network cameras? I’ve been thinking about setting some up but I’d hate to buy all the gear and then find out I hosed up my hardware/software choices

not that i know of but i just got one of these amcrest outdoor guys from microcenter and plugged it into my network. you can connect to it directly via ip without any accounts or cloud bullshit and then pipe it through scrypted (which i have running on my nas but you could run on probably anything better than a pizero) to get it into homekit. it's pretty easy and hard to gently caress up.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dioxazine posted:

now that's a nice kitty

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh poo poo you can do a HomeKit integration? does it store video at all or can you split the feed to go to both HomeKit and something that’ll write it to disk?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

oh poo poo you can do a HomeKit integration? does it store video at all or can you split the feed to go to both HomeKit and something that’ll write it to disk?

i don't have any homekit cameras or anything but it says in the ios home app (under discover) it both stores them and facilitates access (and both only with icloud+ lol) but i'd guess you'd have to figure out some other way of grabbing the stream since they tout it as being super secure

e:

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 14, 2024

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so the camera itself can store video on an SD card or via ftp or NAS but i haven't messed around with it at all. i think scrypted supports homekit secure video and can also do some storage but again it's not something i've tried. just using it as a "what the chickens are doing right now" thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh hell ya, nice! thanks mate

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
today was probably the most productive saturday i’ve had in months

•bought/installed parts to remediate the sump pump drainage problems i’ve been having
•cleaned out the cab of the truck
•smoked a bunch of cheese
•grilled up, portioned, and froze a bunch of pork and roasted potatoes
•installed mounting brackets on a couple solar panels i picked up a few weeks ago

tomorrow i need to get the mower and trimmer out for the first time this year, and start spring cleaning in earnest around the house.

i also need to figure out what i’m going to do about the battery situation for the solar setup; the gel batteries that the manufacturer officially makes and supports are never in stock, so i have to figure out if i’ll regret using non-official packs

a good weekend thus far

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
did you roll something else with the cheese or did you just grind it up and put it in a bowl

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

LieutenantFrost posted:

[…]

a good weekend thus far

this is the good poo poo

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

did you roll something else with the cheese or did you just grind it up and put it in a bowl

nah, just a straight bong of brie at 09:30

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

LieutenantFrost posted:

drat *coughs and cheese comes out of my nose and mouth* wow

Video Nasty posted:

this is the good poo poo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Elder Postsman posted:

now i'm just out on the patio with a gin and tonic and thinking about starting up a rimworld game

:yeah:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hbag posted:

the nair is talking to me like the green goblin mask. its getting warm out

nevermind this poo poo sucks it would've been more convenient to use a carpenters plane

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LieutenantFrost posted:

lmao

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

camembert yum yum

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm spending this rainy morning watching train videos on bili. the CR450 is very exciting
https://b23.tv/BV1gx421m77Q

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

making French toast

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
fixin to go shovel around another yard of mulch in the yard.

this also counts as gym time for the day so its a double win

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm messing with synthesizers but kinda running out of steam. might play some pinball

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

did i post the family guy pinball i saw at this arcade

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't think so

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
moved 2 yards of mulch and 2 yards of topsoil to its new home

in am pooped

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

excellent weather today! got in some frisbee golf and hit up a beer garden. most excellent :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Silver Alicorn posted:

I don't think so