Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
My folk go back to newfoundland, canada in the civil war era and some of them ireland beofre that. This explains the powerful "epigenetic unravellings" I got one time whenst I was off the coast of maine in the winter and looked out to some big waves on the distant ocean. So what say you, where is your folk hail from and what powerful epigentic traits has this unlocked in your soul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
your aunt is pencilhands and your uncle is wizard master and you’re doomed to live the life of an inbred genetic posting freak sorry op

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
We have way less Choctaw ancestry than my grandma claimed.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

idiotsavant posted:

your aunt is pencilhands and your uncle is wizard master and you’re doomed to live the life of an inbred genetic posting freak sorry op

lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

Lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

idiotsavant posted:

lol

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My super WASPy friend found out that he's like 5% Nigerian, that was kinda funny

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We’re all human beings op

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

no one is Cherokee, my mom is 3% Peruvian, and even tho my last name is French my dad is more English then anything

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
according to 23andme i have more neanderthal dna than 98% of their other customers

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

according to 23andme, my genetic data has been stolen by genethieves

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
according to 23andme,

idiotsavant posted:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
evidence that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I'm gay

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
some change, a plastic comb and a desiccated french fry

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Turns out I'm 100% Hunk

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
My weird genealogy aunt keeps trying to get me to take the DNA test even though both my parents have already done it. I'm already a dead ringer for my dad, so there's nothing to be gleaned from it but Mormon race science.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my great uncle was big into genealogy and has some family tree mapped back to the year 700 or some crazy poo poo

e: he did most of it pre internet

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i honestly find it hard to give a gently caress

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

pretty crazy that the only reason we're here is because our ancestors survived the black death and every other calamity that has ever happened to humanity and we're still just dumb as gently caress

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

pretty crazy that the only reason we're here is because our ancestors survived the black death and every other calamity that has ever happened to humanity and we're still just dumb as gently caress

Speak for yourslef bro, Im wicked smaht.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

PokeJoe posted:

my great uncle was big into genealogy and has some family tree mapped back to the year 700 or some crazy poo poo

e: he did most of it pre internet

If he's gonna write that much bullshit down, he might as well have tacked a few gods on the top.

It's traditional.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
3 percent albanian, 97 percent down home alabama homosexual

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

R.L. Stine posted:

They survived long enough to gently caress, at least.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Nameless Pete posted:

My weird genealogy aunt keeps trying to get me to take the DNA test even though both my parents have already done it. I'm already a dead ringer for my dad, so there's nothing to be gleaned from it but Mormon race science.

I thought that was the patriarchal blessing, which sorts you into your tribe of Israel.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

goatface posted:

If he's gonna write that much bullshit down, he might as well have tacked a few gods on the top.

It's traditional.

no gods but the family crest is a dudes head stuck on a sword

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
It’s pretty wild that you used to have to go to the courthouse and look through birth and death certificates, marriage certificates, deeds, etc and now you can just spit in an envelope and find your entire lineage. On the downside, your genealogy data may be stolen by the police and they find out you’re the Golden State Killer

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That I was wanted for murder in 3 states.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That I was wanted for murder in 3 states.

IF I did it....

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
My (adoptive) mom is related Lizzie Borden.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

My aunt determined that we are related to Oliver Cromwell.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A long line of ditch diggers and other shoveling related professions OP.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I guess the bog we crawled out of was in County Galway.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I don't need ancestry.com

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
the recipe for sazerac

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
We're related to the Hatfields, lol.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm my own grandpa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0xnx1Q3Kqo&t=48s

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Das Boo posted:

We're related to the Hatfields, lol.

I hope you've let bygones be bygones.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

my great(x14) grandfather (actual properly done ancestry) was an advisor to a dumb little boy king of france who died as a teenager. ancestor went over to ask mary queen of scots to marry the king or some poo poo lol guess that didn't work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

turns out i'm related to Joe Biden, you heard of him op?