Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

It's funny because my mom is huge on genealogy. She's pretty much done with it now but she'd visit courthouses and pull wills and stuff to piece together a very comprehensive tree.

The Native American claim was just based on family gossip.

Also I have a deceased relative that was "Native American", grew up in a NA orphanage, had some fine NA bead art, grandkids went to school partially on scholarships etc. He really did have a lot of features you'd associate with Native Americans. Anyway his grandkids did the test not long ago , after he passed away and it turns out his ancestors were from some Pacific Island. I guess when he was a boy he was put up for adoption, looked like an Indian so the gov. put him in the orphanage and history unfolded from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
My family's only notable relation is to Clark of the famous Clark and Lewis expedition.

Some people say the names the other way around but they are definitely wrong.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My great-grandfather Ansel came to this country from Bohemia to make horse carts, but became a dairy farmer after that rear end in a top hat Henry Ford started making model Ts

My father-in-law found out he's 3% Ashkenazi Jew and brings that up quite a bit now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Extra Large Marge posted:

My great-grandfather Ansel came to this country from Bohemia to make horse carts, but became a dairy farmer after that rear end in a top hat Henry Ford started making model Ts

My father-in-law found out he's 3% Ashkenazi Jew and brings that up quite a bit now.

3%? I'm afraid he's only allowed to make circumcision jokes

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Early in our relationship my wife told me that one of her like great great whatever grandmother was a native American princess and I made fun of her a bunch because that is like the most stereotypical basic white bitch thing to claim and later her grandma got all of them one of those either ancestry or 23and me and they did it and there is 0% native American and she gets mad whenever I bring that up now lol

My grandma always said some great great however many greats grandpa was a Cherokee chief and the chief part was a lie but not the Cherokee part :cool:

Smugworth posted:

I don't need ancestry.com

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smugworth posted:

My grandma always said some great great however many greats grandpa was a Cherokee chief and the chief part was a lie but not the Cherokee part :cool:

What does .001% native blood get you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

What does .001% native blood get you

A laminated card with my name on it

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Extra Large Marge posted:

I had a 1 or 3% AJ dna for a spell but Ancestry shuffled it out. Temporary Jew.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
According to 23andme, my three-year-old is the reincarnated soul of D. B. Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

My Great Grandfather's court martial, he was acquitted on both charges.

Other episodes in the mighty martial history of the Jaguars! clan are
-tripping on a railway line, dislocating a hip and getting sent home
-dying of the flu in 1919
- getting sent home from the pacific because being in the heavy artillery exacerbated an old concussion
-losing a battle in upper canada, shooting a bushranger in australia and getting discharged from the mounted troopers for drunkenness

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 19, 2024