Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
true story my half brother never knew his real dad so he did the 23andme one. It turns out he, as expected, is half Mexican (dude is pretty tan, okay?). Anyway, I guess it said "this person could be related to you - which seems sort of hosed up - so he reached out to them and it turns out he's got a bunch of step siblings in Arizona, quite close to where our dad (my bio) dad lives.

Last year, we all went to spring training and met up with a bunch of the siblings. It was pretty surreal. They were all a little suspicious at first, but were welcoming. None of them wanted to tell their mother that their now-deceased father was quite the adulterer which is understandable. Since then, they've all kept in contact. It's like a brand new family that he never knew about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Had claims of NA or pirate ancestors float around my dad’s side of the family for a long time. My hippy dippy uncle felt the NA ancestry “in his bones”.

Surprise surprise our forefathers were actually just a bunch of boring midwestern white farmers, and mostly Quakers before that (even worse than puritans imo).

My wife always boasted that her late dad was like 1/16 Cherokee or some poo poo. She got her test done and not a drop of NA blood. lol