Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Szyznyk posted:

I guess the bog we crawled out of was in County Galway.

You're what's considered bog standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Internetjack posted:

Also, I'm 1/4 Slovakian. Not Czech though! Great grand parents immigrated to the states before the two countries joined up. My grandmother always made the distinction for some whatever reason. I know nothing about Slovakia, language, culture, or Czechoslavakia at all. I just like being able to say I'm mostly Slovakian when people ask my heritage; because its a cool word. Just say it, "Slovakia". Hell yeah.

Just on your mom's side. The czech is in the male.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

redshirt posted:

Am I only one who takes a strong consolation in having no past, no history, no legacy or family bullshit? Just a person here living their life?

Red shirt just grateful to be alive, film at 11

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Had claims of NA or pirate ancestors float around my dad’s side of the family for a long time. My hippy dippy uncle felt the NA ancestry “in his bones”.

Surprise surprise our forefathers were actually just a bunch of boring midwestern white farmers, and mostly Quakers before that (even worse than puritans imo).

Abso-loving-lutely not

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

They do do that. They just like to pretend that they're all descended from convicts, rather than the guards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Extra Large Marge posted:

My great-grandfather Ansel came to this country from Bohemia to make horse carts, but became a dairy farmer after that rear end in a top hat Henry Ford started making model Ts

My father-in-law found out he's 3% Ashkenazi Jew and brings that up quite a bit now.

3%? I'm afraid he's only allowed to make circumcision jokes