Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

lol as we were at the store i was kind of narrating what we were doing to my daughter and some old lady was like "you're such a good dad talking to her like that!"

which on the one hand aren't you supposed to talk to babies? but on the other hand it's nice to receive a compliment.

the old lady was narrating to you because you are also a baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lobster shirt talks to the baby because she is very smart

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

directed by M Night Shyamalan

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

having kids made me realize that on some level i think of my cats as children because now when they are being bad i say "daddy doesn't like that please stop", which i also say to my children and definitely did not ever say before becoming a parent

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

lobster shirt posted:

having kids made me realize that on some level i think of my cats as children because now when they are being bad i say "daddy doesn't like that please stop", which i also say to my children and definitely did not ever say before becoming a parent

I do this too now and tbh I understand why some child free people think we are unhinged

selec
Sep 6, 2003

External Organs posted:

I do this too now and tbh I understand why some child free people think we are unhinged

child-free people are stupid. people who don't have kids? good times.

we don't have kids, but we sure do baby talk to our dogs like it's going out of style. "somebody's behind on his snuggle taxes! is it babymans? is it little babymans? is he gonna get audited to within an inch of his cute lil life?" etc etc

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol cool

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My favorite when the dogs are barking: *groundskeeper Willie voice* daddy hears ye. daddy don't care.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i decided not to have kids so i can play video games on the big tv without needing a small child to die of pneumonia to do so

selec
Sep 6, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i decided not to have kids so i can play video games on the big tv without needing a small child to die of pneumonia to do so

this, wake n baking, vacations. really all that needs to be said. kids are a joy, and a source of wonder. but those things are too.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I wake and bake (pretend breakfast for a doll)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Little kids are ftw but they do get in the way of video games and other fun.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not wanting to have kids is a perfectly understandable and valid choice. i was basically on the fence about it, like i would have been fine if i had married a child free woman. well now it's unimaginable to not have kids and i would never want to live in a world without them but when i was single that was my thinking.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

not wanting to have kids is a perfectly understandable and valid choice. i was basically on the fence about it, like i would have been fine if i had married a child free woman. well now it's unimaginable to not have kids and i would never want to live in a world without them but when i was single that was my thinking.

yeah, in a way every choice or big fulcrum your life ends up swinging around feels locked in and natural this way, as long as you're not ultimately living in a way you regret? i'm kind of in the same boat. i think i would've been alright as a parent, but i would also end up a very different person from who i am today. there are definitely times i wonder idly what life would be like on that track, but i don't feel the pangs of having Ended The Bloodline or whatever. and sometimes you have that experience that is absolutely never going to appear on that alternate universe track; explaining the birds waking up to a child while they eat breakfast with you on the porch, or smoking hash on the patio of a bar in grenada at three AM while leather lunged spanish 24 year olds play the best flamenco that maybe ever existed on earth before or after. the numinous will show up no matter what life you live, you just have to find out where it's popping up.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

selec posted:

this, wake n baking, vacations. really all that needs to be said. kids are a joy, and a source of wonder. but those things are too.

Big bowl of raisin bran, big bowl of resin, man

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
crotch spawn

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

crotch spawn

Breeeeeeders

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

crotch spawn

grubbies

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nice story lobster. that's what separates us from the clowns . I also talk to my dogter Luna all the time because she's very intelligent and loves to learn new words.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Lpzie posted:

nice story lobster. that's what separates us from the clowns . I also talk to my dogter Luna all the time because she's very intelligent and loves to learn new words.

Very smart and good

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

RealityWarCriminal posted:

thats a joke post

Don't tell me that, I NEED this!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

lobster shirt posted:

Kids, not even once

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Found Hoot's baby photo:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

having a kid is ftw because it lets you use the carpool lanes

copy
Jul 26, 2007

gotta love him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

having a kid is ftw because it lets you use the carpool lanes

car brain much????

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

copy posted:

gotta love him

selec
Sep 6, 2003

heard "hotel california" at the store, googled, discovered it was originally called "mexican reggae" so everything checks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYQJlw4E-Y

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one time i told my mom i didnt like that song and she was OUTRAGED

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Dokapon Findom posted:

Before the queen died it was weird hearing people say oh they should just skip Charles... why exactly? Is the job so strenuous it can only be done by a young person? Because some people would prefer William be king and not have to wait? Heaven forfend anyone should have to sit patiently for Charles to inevitably die. William doesn't even have hair! What the hell kind of king is that? :mad:

king william the bald

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i had a high school friend who’s dad had a huge collection of hotel california covers on whatever format he could find. weird dad hobbies ftw though mine mostly just likes birdwatching and grousing about politics and you know what the apple didn’t fall far

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

lol as we were at the store i was kind of narrating what we were doing to my daughter and some old lady was like "you're such a good dad talking to her like that!"

which on the one hand aren't you supposed to talk to babies? but on the other hand it's nice to receive a compliment.

the standards for parenting are so low for america that dads watching the kids while the moms go out is called babysitting, not parenting.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

ban stinky wizzleteats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mr. Sharps posted:

i had a high school friend who’s dad had a huge collection of hotel california covers on whatever format he could find. weird dad hobbies ftw though mine mostly just likes birdwatching and grousing about politics and you know what the apple didn’t fall far

youtube was made for men like that (men like me)