Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's obviously a racist and possibly a cuckold but he's pretty low on the wrestling totem people of bad people and i dont understand why he needs a containment thread... might be because of how much he hates AEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hulk hogan was on the 700 club today preaching the word of the Lord, brother

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's obviously a racist and possibly a cuckold but he's pretty low on the wrestling totem people of bad people and i dont understand why he needs a containment thread... might be because of how much he hates AEW

That is exactly the reason.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the kevin nash podcast opens with an cartoon of nash walking out of a prostitutes house and getting into his car and driving away

oh i thought that was supposed to be his wife

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

This year on Dennis condroy'a birthday Cornette posted. "Happy birthday and thanks for abandoning us due to your pill problem dennis".

I posted it in the wcw thread and asked if it was true because I always wondered and everyone yelled at me for posting cornette outside of the cornette thread

Edit: here was the post
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1753099688893460713?t=z-C-oFE3qZLHHQNEHX25-g&s=19

that tweet doesn’t say what you wrote

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

that tweet doesn’t say what you wrote

Oldtimers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Still younger than you lumpenold 🖕

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SomethingBeautiful posted:

oh i thought that was supposed to be his wife

maybe it is...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

every wrestler back then was taking pills

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Or a ton of cocaine

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you were required to leave cocaine out for Jake the Snake if you wanted him to wrestle at your indie show

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is such a weird thumbnail. Very weird and esoteric racism.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't, but I did listen to the undertaker's podcast today. He very clearly doesn't watch wrestling and only wants to talk about himself while his cohost informs him of the latest storylines.

have you listened to jericho's podcast brought to you by OMAHA STEAKS

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when someone who works in the wrestling business retires or gets fired they create a podcast and bitch about AEW. cornie, bischoff, undertaker.... even russo they all do it

i like maven who just does youtubes on what roids he did in WWE and how to get them lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

have you listened to jericho's podcast brought to you by OMAHA STEAKS

No. Just undertaker's and a bit of Dutch's.

I'm thinking about cornette's just because I see how angry he makes people and I respect that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jim made a lot of people mad when he called sting's retirement match bad

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Was it bad?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jericho's only really worth listening to when he has an interesting guest on like moxley or nancy's sister

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Mr Hootington posted:

No. Just undertaker's and a bit of Dutch's.

I'm thinking about cornette's just because I see how angry he makes people and I respect that.

cornette is honestly just kinda boring unless he's telling old territory stories but if you've never watched him get extremely angry over vince russo or the young bucks before there's some novelty to it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it wasnt but Darby Allin did a completely unnecessary spot through real glass which pissed jim off

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i will never get tired of jim cornette going into an apoplectic rage over vince russo and wishing genuine harm would happen to him over brawl for all or beaver cleavage

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SomethingBeautiful posted:

cornette is honestly just kinda boring unless he's telling old territory stories but if you've never watched him get extremely angry over vince russo or the young bucks before there's some novelty to it

I've watch the vince Russo rants. I've seen a few of his shoot interviews and they were interesting.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the vince russo podcast owns because its pure undiluted russo talking about the possibility of Vince Mcmahon buying AEW

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It would be insanely funny

I don't know how the aew fans handle that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

It would be insanely funny

it would be the funniest thing to ever happen in pro wrestling but alas... it wont happen

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

if vince bought AEW we might have to close the wrestling forum for the safety and well being of its posters

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

(fluffdaddy in a new york accent) from day one I had to deal with the bullshit politics

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It would have to be left open so the mma people could still post.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cspam is the new wrestling forum me thinks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It still surprises me that they use the terms "fedhead" or "°fedpilled". Psp is my primary exposure to aspects of wrestling social media and it has clearly driven most of psp insane.

I do follow so twitter accounts, but they just post clips or still from old wrestling.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

psp might be the resetera of wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

not that other places are much better but you can mention you watch RAW or Smackdown on r/squaredcircle without everyone wanting to murder you

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

yeah squaredcircle is pretty normal tho I imagine the people that argue in comments are nuts

the true cyclone of insanity is Dave metlzer’s twitter replies

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i follow dave on twitter and he's just arguing with randos nonstop it owns

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

wrestling is pure and should be unmuddied by earthly concerns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i follow dave on twitter and he's just arguing with randos nonstop it owns

he is a modern day Sisyphus, constantly arguing with no avs that he’s not on Tony’s payroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buck Wildman posted:

wrestling is pure and should be unmuddied by earthly concerns

ty Buckman...