Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

the ukraone thread is going buck wild today, really enjoying the supposition that western cultural hegemony is such that romanian could have been wrongly classed as a romance language lol

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Anyway thanks for the input on the origin of hard/strong men problem, I think I found the answer:

Why's that dude hiding dong? Those aliens look pretty friendly.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cant trust aliens

racist

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

selec posted:

4.5 hours of meetings is too many meetings in a day.

It is indeed. Meetings in general are not good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

selec posted:

what’s funny is I’m only budgeted for like 5 hours a day on this project, so I guess a ghost will just get my actual tasks done

Ahahaha been there, goondolences

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

emptyquoting war is bad and getting obliterated

Look at how full your pamps are, tankie scum.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wasn't oscar wilde a pederast

I don't think there's any real evidence of this. He seemed to speak approvingly of ancient Greek pederasty during his indecency trial, but that quote has been taken and used out of context:

quote:

Charles Gill (prosecuting): What is "the love that dare not speak its name"?

Wilde: "The love that dare not speak its name" in this century is such a great affection of an elder for a younger man as there was between David and Jonathan, such as Plato made the very basis of his philosophy, and such as you find in the sonnets of Michelangelo and Shakespeare. It is that deep spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect. It dictates and pervades great works of art, like those of Shakespeare and Michelangelo, and those two letters of mine, such as they are. It is in this century misunderstood, so much misunderstood that it may be described as "the love that dare not speak its name", and on that account of it I am placed where I am now. It is beautiful, it is fine, it is the noblest form of affection. There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an older and a younger man, when the older man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him. That it should be so, the world does not understand. The world mocks at it, and sometimes puts one in the pillory for it.

So I think he was trying to say, "gay people have existed throughout the history of Western civilization, it's totally normal for dudes to gently caress dudes," not that pederasty is good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

it's possible he may have coerced underage prostitutes but the whole thing was such a shitshow who knows what was true

Yeah, it's definitely possible, but there was so much unfair slime being thrown at him for, as Stewie from Family Guy puts it, "bum fancy," that it may have just been character assassination.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lpzie posted:

はいくです
バカがいじん🤡
IMGAY

:hai:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

docbeard posted:

I've also never been quite clear on the connection between this incident and SedanChair, post-permaban, reregging as The White Hand but it was extremely funny

I don't know if there was a connection but the pro-Hillary posts in his perma reason are extremely funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

why are people upset about Taylor Swift this time?

I heard her new album's bad. Haven't heard any of it so I don't know.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

watching the sopranos any time jordan peele releases a movie

Specifically the "Christopher" episode.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

when has she made a good one, hey-o

So THIS is how WWIII begins.:stare:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Take it to the pop culture thread

Take it to the jerk store, they're out of you!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i have installed so many car seats, taken them out, put them back in, put them in my in laws cars, my moms car... its all bullshit. my wife has never done it and i dont even think she knows how. its complete misandry. feminism must be destroyed.

SAME! loving SAME!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

anyway it’s easy to take out and put in the seats. computer touchers smdh

Yes, but you see, I'm very stupid and utterly incompetent.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Nice. Normal evening. What is your go to app (threateningly)

Yeah, a normal evening IN YOUR HEADQUARTERS IN BEIJING!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

intrusive thought: wouldnt frankenstein's monster have the last name frankenstein anyway

"I, Frankenstein" is the only movie to get it right. The monster's first name is "I,".

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weka posted:

Further investigation into the computer toucher is a slur discourse reveals this, less entertaining but it's presumably what hooty is talking about

Dr. Laura: Goons use it all the time. Turn on somethingawful, listen to a goon comic, and all you hear is "computer toucher, computer toucher, computer toucher."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Xaris posted:

oxma fat

lol ah memories

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I'll bet it's this one:

Horseshoe theory posted:

The forum that had Vile Rat and evilweasel as mods is a garbage teen-brained forum, you say? :thunk:

Which means evilweasel reported it lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

it was this one

Ahahaha yessss, of course it's a good post.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Retromancer posted:

I'm a Tankie in that my online persona is an anthropomorphized T34.

Poser. I'm a T34 whose online persona is a really dumb 40-year-old guy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Details please. I need this to be true so I can believe there's still magic in the world.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lmfao

some plague rats posted:

absolutely malding

bebop esq posted:

don't misgender me please

yesssss

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

thats a joke post

Don't tell me that, I NEED this!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bedpan posted:

the beheading game but with posts

The knockout game but with posts.

And axes.:getin:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bill Hader's most daring role yet.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Fully corned

"Saying 'fully corned' is a homophobic reference!" -Al "DiGiorno" Giordano (rip)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al's ghost: nooooooo~~~!:negative:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

Pascha is in a few days and god-fearing Greeks can finally eat things that aren't bugs again

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Salazar going to bat for pro-Israel propaganda in the American politics megathread. Another Canadian btw. So loving cool

I know it goes without saying at this point but he is literally the dumbest poster I've ever seen on the internet.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I think RS is dumber; DV just has the greatest confluence of stupidity and pompousness that one can attain.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

ff is going to be annihilated

I fear so.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

Imagine hating jews this much

I'm feeling very threatened!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

copy posted:

Uftalnacabgrobok

It's just the n-word in Sindarin.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

Uftalnacabgrobok with a hard K

Tolkien didn't need to put that word into Sindarin when he invented it, but he insisted.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

i say swears online posted:

same thing but in the rap thread he was an insane drake stan.

lol

quote:

also 22.5 years ago he posted "watch bush start a loving war"

Lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

plinkey was a gambling addict, owned guns and was an alcoholic.

I knew Elvis wasn't dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

It's all about the presentation

That still does not look appetizing. Presentation had no effect.