Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Facebook mom group ik contest

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I'm stuck in line at the pharmacy behind someone getting the Covid vaccine for the first time ever. way to go!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dti dta aoc dsa

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the Saudis have the only good led lightbulbs in the world 💡🕋 💡

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zodium posted:

that's dubai

I'm not talking about Philips☝️

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I had a friend whose mother was English and she wondered why I never ate her cooking unless it was a grilled cheese

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I do EA by donating my salary to the mawarannahr foundation for justice and development

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

that was bruno and it was a wrestling match, they were charging like ten cents per beer in some town in arkansas, then bruno and his manager started making out in the middle of a fight, infuriating everyone. crowd was throwing steel chairs at them and stuff lol. extremely badass. such a funny movie.

chuds ftw

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Butter Activities posted:

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M] life has been taken over by conspiracy theories
(self.relationship_advice)

quote:

My boyfriend has always been a left wing guy. Part of what I liked about him is that he believes in things and has been involved in various good causes. However, the combination of Bernie losing the dem primary and COVID seems to have changed him into a completely different person and I’m scared of who he has become. He started following supposedly far leftist people on and reading various weird conspiracy sites, it started off relatively small like how he kept going on about how Biden was a corporate stooge or how Warren was a plant by the DNC to take away votes from Bernie; stuff where maybe there was an element of truth but where a narrative of maliciousness was created where there wasn’t really. It kept getting more extreme though; when the BLM protests started he wouldn’t get involved with any of the protests despite having been involved before with them and everyone asking him to.

When our POC friends tried to educate him on why the protests were important he kept saying that BLM was CIA backed and it was designed to alienate the working classes from each other. Whenever anyone would explain that the there’s literally no evidence for that and that he was basically repeating a far right conspiracy he literally calls us all sheep and that we're blinded by our 'ideology'.
From there he has really spiralled, he refused to vote for Biden and called him a rapist and kept pushing all of those discredited Ukraine stories. Whenever I tried to show him how that was discredited by the NYT he called me an ‘idiot’ for believing the NYT and that it was democrat propaganda. He said he didn’t vote for Trump but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me; right before election day he posted this big rant on facebook about how Biden was a puppet of the neocons and the ‘military industrial complex’.

Some other conspiracies he now shares include:
9/11 was planned by a sinister cabal of people in government, the military and the CIA (according to him the CIA is basically responsible for everthing that happens everywhere)

Corbyn (british left wing guy accused of being anti semitic) was set up by ‘powerful Zionists’
Literally every Epstein conspiracy ever even ones that contradict each other

A certain very famous and beloved film director is the head of Hollywood pedophile group that basically includes 90% of famous people (he keeps accusing famous people of being pedos or being friends with epstein)
I know these are all massive loving neon red flags, but I think that this year has basically destroyed his mental health and I feel like I can’t leave him like this because it will just lead him to spiral into a really dark place. To his credit, he hasn’t really got into the coronavirus conspiracies, he says that he is neutral, though he has recently started saying that the drug companies were exaggerating their vaccine results to inflate their share prices so I’m really worried he’s falling down that rabbithole as well.

Has anyone else dealt with this, and has anyone else managed to save a loved one from this conspiracy madness?
A new front in the posting wars between cspam and dnd

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

calling a DJ a computer toucher

they are

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

drum machines were the chatgpt of the 80s

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Been thinking about spring cleaning projects. I should clear out the garage now that it's nice to be outside.

cleanse your colon imo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

computer touchin's back on the menu, goons

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Congrats, the application grind is really demoralizing. I remember you posting in the unemployed thread and that was months ago

I just signed an offer letter today and i'm officially a remote computer toucher. no more crawling around on a factory floor, relationship with visibly useful work over, i spit on the working class, etc.

DaysBefore posted:

Also lol literally first day I'm back to work I get an email from one of the five million applications I sent out inviting me to an interview. Are you for real

good job... love to see goons get jobs :cheers:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

do you have a dog, are you still gonna touch dog?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

oh buddy I have dog

:cheers:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

Jeffrey von Yospos

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a guy on the bus is playing a shooter like CoD or sth on what must be a steam deck, really loud guns with the sound on. 🫡

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

for a canonical reading, please flip on greenpos and put the following song on in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNc95hq5hwY

code:
===== qcs psa =====
so, i've been named in a few qcs stories in recent days, and would like to set the record straight for those who are interested in reading

1) statistics post in the jeff guidelines thread

featuring the forbidden crime of ~using microsoft excel~, it was a poorly written, terse post that defended the people whose head it went over, by large, who ironically then tried executing me for it. i had admitted as much, posting whole 6 clarifications for it in the thread, but the illustrious moderation of qcs still saw me likened to a serial transphobe for doing maths, going into a subsequent crescendo of this being equated to Radia getting doxxed. without these nuclear comparisons seeking to drive me off the website, we could've talked more about it.

2) Lady Radia getting doxxed by freeasinbeer

this was hosed up, but also in no way am I going to assume responsiblity for a crazy moron posting a screenshot of their conversation with Radia, that featured personally identifying information of Radia.

3) Lib and let die's alt account being connected to their main account

correct, i did name in a post their alt as LALD to inform the d&d feedback thread they were making GBS threads up of whom exactly the thread is dealing with. now, this has a lot of exotic rumours floating about it, as is par for the course when qcs moves into the phase of killing someone as a poster, which admins usually avoid moderating. Fritz tried, bless their hooves, and got burned for it by the same rubbish, when it should've been multiple senior admins, or just a closed thread.

but i digress, and would like to instead address a few increasingly popular, libellous rumours, in an effort to clear the account of other modmins on this subject. for clarity of reference, lald got doxxed in autumn 2022, and registered the alt account after getting banned in cccc, mid-march 2023. so:

mods can see ip addresses - false, only admins can
lald had made anti-doxxing arrangements with admins - false, admins can clarify this further
i edited the autoban before gassing - false, here's proof that mod edits carry over
admins told me that the poster was lald - false, it was ordinary deduction

to prove the latter, which is standard fare for modding hot d&d threads, here's the logic. inevitably, the first point does name the account again, but the identity of it is already public knowledge, and this doesn't add any further information to my call-out, which lald had then confirmed from their alt account.

something i posted in mod forum for a similar explanation posted:
LALD before getting banned had an avatar of Matthew Yglesias, an annoying political commentator who happens to be fat. The avatar more specifically was head of Matty edited into a spermatosoid. This is the first clue, "Turgid Flagella" - fat spermatosoid.

The second clue is that the first post of the account did attack Discendo Vox over vaping in D&D. As far as tiers of knowledge of Discendo Vox's body of posts are concerned, this is very deep. The flowchart is roughly like this, in descending order of notoriety: federal government >> mass media and disinformation >> food industry >> vaping industry.

The third clue is that someone registered an account in D&D in the current year and said "Joe Biden raped Tara Reade" and "Ukrainian nazis are still nazis". The latter is a minor strike, however the former is a giant flare that this an established D&D mod "hunter".

Putting 1+1 here was trivial, specifically since LALD is exceptionally obssed with DV, and kept posting all over SA about DV almost every single day, using references like "you know who" or "professor".

to be fully clear, i feel no remorse about flagging lald's behaviour publicly for the feedback thread. the point i'm making here is that this disclosure required no effort and was something I could do alone, as lald is a dim poster with unmistakeable grudes and posting patterns, like the permabanned sexpig

also, to be fully clear, i am not enjoying any modmin support on my interaction with lald, and have already been demodded for it accordingly, with a side dish of attracting attention with (1) used in the reasoning

code:
===== message to the dnd ukraine thread =====
it's been a great ride, and administrating a charitity drive of $45k to people suffering immensely will unmistakeably be the high point of my life as a poster. in general, thread has a++ reputation on the mod forum, and largely self-regulates, so i trust that it can sustain itself without external influence.

external influence is a problem, however. as seen in qcs, politics-based tensions are running quite high, and i was the sole outspoken advocate for ukraine threads remaining in mod forum, since Kit's demodding. multiple modmins have specific aspersions for ukraine discourse on sa, rooted in ther disinterest in putting the effort into moderating it well, so it may get ugly.

ugly as in you may have post in qcs. as seen by the bm thread, qcs threads have real influence, but as seen by the same thread, the violent content posting thread, and the jeff thread, it's also no longer a meaningful improvement over the old "kill or be killed" qcs. my suggestion is to just repeat the same point politely and repeatedly, if it comes to it, without making political accusations against anyone.

at least i can rest easy in that i'd like to think i've meaningfully contributed to quite a few massive pieces of poo poo getting permanently ejected from the website for their derangement over ukraine

also, to address the lore over how i got modded, resigned, and volunteered to mod again

getting modded - assorted modmins wanted to overrule me and let pegleg post freely, so i took the star to get access to mod forum and yell at them, dropping multiple pages long post on landing. stayed because some problem posters were immune to sixers, when ultimately it turned out that hardly anyone is immune to being knocked offline for a day+

stepping down - almost burnt out with the dubmass idea to write summaries, which made me reflect on the thread, well, being calm

getting re-modded - admins tried making GBS threads the the thread up again by just closing the gbs ukraine thread without warning even gbs mods, instead of banning long-known pieces of poo poo

basically, this loops back to the ugly bit - no old admin is interested in understanding or moderating politics discourse on sa. the same gbs thread closure could've been, e.g., averted by admins having a functional review process in place, and spotting early that there are problem posters who Kit did not ramp as harsh as the mod forum consensus would likely have these posters be ramped.

code:
===== closure =====
my posting persona at this point is quite toxic, meaning that yet another time qcs hooting and hollering reigns triumphant. coincidentally, i mean to cease posting on sa, in particular to avoid attracting undue attention to the thread i would care posting in the most, the bookmark-browsing j4g that i am.

however, it's also fair to see admins interested in having me gone from the website, since my interaction with lald may have consequences regardless of my intent, admins' inability to properly inform lald of available recourse, and lald's inability to refrain from throwing tantrums against discendo vox and their many other forums enemies from d&d. further reviews of punishment have similarly happened before anywya

all in all, as with my modding term, this comes ironically short to an anniversary. would-be 1 year of modding when ir resigned the first time, and would-be 10 years of posting on sa. it's been a fun ride, and i'll definitely miss my favourite threads - d&d ukraine because the plight of ukrainian people is close to my heart, d&d chat thread where i could discuss food with like-minded gourmands, yospos terrible programming thread for teaching me a lot about my job, and yospos apple thread because friends don't let friends use a anroid. also big thanks to the photo forum for showing me how to buy a used camera in europe, saving me half a grand.

without further ado,
yospos bithc

ps. you can find me here if i'm further necessary

pps. i think docbeard and pog senator are good sad iks. the pink rear end goon too is decent enough. lmao @ everyone else "moderating" it tho, in particular the admin team with reservation made for no one but Fluffdaddy, Fritz, and the sex ghost, who all do care about it being something more than what late QCS was

ppps. ukraine thread posters with lego and barbie avatars, sorry. i was counter-whaling whoever was the piece of poo poo spamming thread with red texts at the time, out of my pocket, and the "free forums avatars" gallery i was copy-pasting everything from to beat the hooligan on the clock had the most insane mix of things possible

pppps. feedback to jeff, in addition to dismal opinion on moderation in sad – your inability to take firm stances on timelines shorter than "years" will keep causing issues, since people will abuse it. also, it's kind-of cringe to have mods come into mod qcs making GBS threads their pants because they got anxiety from reading sad and want to repost some goon telephone crap

💯 true

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I bet I could take it up the butt without the sedative but some poppers would be polite to offer

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tristeham posted:

Stay out of the watches thread. User loses posting privileges for 18 hours.

dipped in there, saw a couple people discussing their satisfaction of the price/performance ratio of a watch, I start thinking "you know what, a new watch might be nice." I look it up and it's 1,110€ :fart:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

He literally bought after the sex assault allegations then sold after it recovered.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

wait hold on are you saying your dad bought you an account

I was gonna ask this. multigenerational gooning?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

appealing a ban cause you share an ip and Comcast email address with your permad father

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

took my freaking annual rewards to the rei discount rack. got some canvas pants and a cardigan. ftw

REI chic

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

they were cleaning out the back rooms and i found a bunch of work merch and guess who now has free work clothes for the foreseeable future
i bet you could make some money selling your stack of Ronald McDonald outfits on eBay

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

injecting incredible amounts of zionism into my veins like bane

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

I've been putting a giant spoonful of chili crisp in my ramen lately, it's ftw

granma ftw. I put it in most things I make now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

yup.

lots of funny things happening today. trot DSA member melting down about Stalin, computer toucher being a us empire dog defending seizing foreign money and sanctions, and it’s not even noon

Vim Fuego probation evasion ban

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

rodbeard posted:

One of the GBS war thread psychos said he got his account from his mom when she stopped posting here.

lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

im trying to teach my son not to use bad language so we will be browsing the forums logged out, at this time, for the word filter. loving, darn, drat, friend of the family, making gbs threads.... these are words he will knnow.

"father shirt, why do they keep talking about grandma?"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Megamissen posted:

had a nice walk to a grocery store today, only ~1.5km away but a 90m height difference

trying to impress a Dane?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

rodbeard posted:

gently caress lavender and gently caress you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I don't mind a little lavender in herbes de provence on potatoes but when I have tried it on desserts and pastries it has been nasty and yeah soapy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

RadiRoot posted:

black cats ftw

they're naturally based

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

thats a hell of a cat

he's gonna be a year old in a month. he was really small and frail when we got him.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my heart sinks every time I see FF with a new probation avatar

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

loquacius posted:

now Ah maahght just be a simple country lawyah, but ah do declayuh this woke maahnd-vahrus is givin' me the vapuhs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mags posted:

try this in a prompt: 🖕