Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

mdemone posted:

I don't believe there's any alternate history out there about "well what if the Soviets just lost the eastern front" because they weren't ever going to

Fatherland has an occupied eastern front with German settlers fighting guerrillas and a Soviet command in the far east, part of the story involves the propaganda about happy German settlers in the east along with all those "deported" Jews, plus museums of Soviet "death camps" that were "discovered" by the Reich. Of course really the settlers are miserable and the Jews are dead.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

agreed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIWg95lnccc

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

i say swears online posted:

all these dipshit young saudis on a quick weekend hajj with their rick and morty prayer mats

I turned myself into the Kaaba, Morty! I'm Kaaba Rick!!!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
chud does NOT stand for cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller ...

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ram dass in hell posted:

cleaning my bong

She's her daddy's girl, her momma's world
She deserves respect, that's what she'll get
Now ain't it son? Now y'all go out and have some fun
And I'll see you when you get back, probably be up all night
Still cleaning my bong

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
a nice ketchup sandwich would hit the spot right about now

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i dont get what makes north korea an ethnostate, people lob the sme accusations at china

there's a very popular book called "the cleanest race" that claims that north korea basically copied imperial japan's ideology 1:1 and that they're all about racial purity, like half the poo poo out there on north korea it's projection because south korea was run by collaborators and carpet baggers.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
lol

Andrei Lankov in Far Eastern Economic Review states Myers takes a "fresh approach" to North Korea.[14] Lankov also says Myers' work is "informative"[15] but is not sure whether his thesis has any relation to reality.[16]

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

lobster shirt posted:

i would not have sex with my clone... too gay

what if your clone was the opposite sex, they can do that

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dokapon Findom posted:

Real talk: the brush is a weak addition to the hammer and sickle

no way it rules

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Homeless Friend posted:

One of the most insane things ever said about Odessa was "the Ukrainians burned a bunch of trade unionists to death!" when in reality it was Russian-paid agitators

lmao what a bunch of freaks

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
One of the most insane things ever said about Auschwitz was

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Homeless Friend posted:

its been years and i still dont know what the cum warrior thread is

thread for posting awful tweets from pundits like ben shapiro and saying wow this sucks

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mr Hootington posted:

Lots of correct posts and that Ukraine post shpuld get that guy nuked, but "positions aren't moderated" anymore.

Keeping docile slave armies both armed and also not a threat to you is sadly one of those skills honed by assorted civilizations for the past several thousand years. Russia, since the start of its existence, has excelled and specialized in this practice.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
chud
chud
thought i heard succ calling my name yeah

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lmao TFR guys mad that their state wants to make it illegal to leave guns around the house because that's why they chose not to have kids

tfr is a good dark horse for politics threads, dnd and gbs get all the glory

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

it's actually the WAR thread but overeager mods renamed it

they make a desert and call it peace

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

lobster shirt posted:

the drive by trolls have kramered into this thread to neener neener, jaq off, and sealion. but what they're really doing is showing their whole rear end. and thats that on that. the magats are utterly embarrassing.

mask

off

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

it's so sad that we all denied the uighur genocide and now it never happened. we could have had it all ...

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

speng31b posted:

Jeff's policy encouraged frantic hitlers and mad hitlers and indeed hitlers across the emotional spectrum...koos targets only a subset

Treatment is simple. Great fuhrer Hitler is in town tonight. Go and see him, that should calm you down.

But doctor ...

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'm thinking about making a bowl of oriental flavored maruchan ramen

what actually is this supposed to be anyways

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
does everyone know the story where judo gene lebell choked out seagal until he shat himself

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Hearing this may come as a shock, but some claim that O'Sensei Seagal is also an actual creep, at best. As fight coordinator and former PRIDE commentator Stephen Quadros relates, “I had heard all the horror stories about how he would hurt actors and stunt performers, dislocated shoulders, kick guys in the nuts to see if they were wearing cups, etc. I had heard about Gene LeBell."

The LeBell story is legend.

In 1991, the now-deceased LeBell was working as a stunt coordinator on the Aikido documentary Out for Justice. It is alleged that at some point, Seagal announced that due to his extensive martial arts training, he was immune to chokes. According to this telling, when the then 58-year-old LeBell heard about the claim, he gave Seagal the opportunity to test it.

As the story goes, LeBell set the choke up, Seagal said "Go" and Seagal promptly went. As in Seagal went out, and went #1 and #2, in his pants.

Ever since, either because of a rumored legal gag order (see below action figure for confirmation), or because in the stunt business what happens on the set stays on the set, LeBell has never confirmed or denied the story.

Award-winning MMA journalist Ariel Helwani asked LeBell to confirm or deny the Steven Seagal trousers s****ing episode.

"When we had a little altercation or difference of opinion, there were thirty stuntmen and cameramen that were watching," began LeBell. "Sometimes Steven has a tendency to cheese off the wrong people, and you can get hurt doing that."

Ariel Helwani: "I've had the privilege and honor of interviewing one Sensei Steven Seagal."

Gene LeBell: ***Cackles*** "… OK."

Helwani: "There is a story out there … did you in fact choke out Sensei Seagal, and is it true that he did in the process soil himself?"

LeBell: "Well, if a guy soils himself, you can't criticize him, because if they just had a nice big dinner an hour before, you might have a tendency to do that. ... Steven Seagal is a very outstanding martial artist. I've got nothing against Steven. ... Personally, myself I don't think he's taught these mixed martial artists how to win a match. ... He's done a lot for martial arts. But I know where he's insulted Randy Couture. Well, Randy Couture if he ever got mad would have him for lunch. ... And that isn't to put down Steven, but 'closed mouth don't catch any foot.'

For the record, Seagal has repeatedly and very, very pointedly denied the legend. Further, LeBell never publicly said it was true. Seagal was beyond adamant during an interview with Ariel Helwani.

"Gene LeBell is a pathological liar," said a visibly upset Seagal. "My children are the most sacred thing in my life. I swear on my children that we never ever had a fight at all. If someone doesn't believe me , you can ask the stunt coordinator Conrad Palmisano. Conrad Palmisano is a Vietnam veteran. He's a man of honor. He would never lie to anybody. You can ask him. There was never a fight. If LeBell said there was a fight, then he's a pathological, scumbag liar."

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

steven seagal managed to bullshit his way onto a police force and theres a tv show of him going around a small town bothering people and trying to talk street

they no knock raided the wrong house and killed a dog while making the show

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

he also had an energy drink for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IId64OJdCKM

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

lumpentroll posted:

megamissen is a finnish doghater

self hatred is sad

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hell yes the tfr guys are complaining about tankies now

Thanks for namesearching your favourite echo chamber for a drive by shitpost.

gently caress along, now.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Regarde Aduck posted:

it means armali- *trapdoor opens and i fall into spikes*

ASSAULT RIFLE 15 is my fave early Carpenter flick, so authentic and gritty

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Kinda off-topic, but this has been why I advocate that we get rid of police chiefs and replace them with sheriffs, or the equivalent of such. Which elected official is directly responsible for what police in the city do is unclear (likely on purpose); is it the mayor? The city council? Where as with the Sheriff system you have an elected official whose political office is specifically about the police, and the actions of their department directly affect their political future. Also get rid of credential requirements for those running for office.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

speng31b posted:

drat.... search doesn't turn up the source for this one

those are my original thoughts i just posted itt

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Precambrian Video Games posted:

simply have more militias

we can call them the force of the county/region, give em a real snappy name!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

wasn't it a TFR post? I swear I saw it a couple days ago

This is the problem right here.

I know modding is a thankless job. And I know that all of this happened during a time when Cyrano4747 was busy and offline, and stealie left or was kicked off of modding. So while there were unforseen circumstances that let this occur during a period of lax moderation, it still needs to be said that what happened is absolutely not okay.

The "punishments" came too late after way too many posts, were way too lax and weak (6ers), and there were no threadbans, forumbans, or regular bans. Even the 24hr probes came way too late. These assholes walked all over us and got away with it all. And now they're still poking the bear in this very thread every now and then.

Punish them now for what they did then. Better late than never for the punishments. Ban them from TFR. We did it for Tenement Funster. You can do it for these assholes. This is the only left leaning safe space for us gun havers. Let the anti gun shitlibs and tankies have their own space in CSPAM.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

quote:

I know modding is a thankless job. And I know that all of this happened during a time when Cyrano4747 was busy and offline, and stealie left or was kicked off of modding.

oh lol stealie is the guy whose weird racist comment kicked off this whole hilarious thing in the first place, yes why couldn't he and baby blowjob guy man the battlements against the invading tankies

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Homeless Friend posted:

dfoing the "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" tee-hee neener maneuver except we're really not doing anything and standing to the side.

my god man don't you get it, there were no thread bans, forum bans, OR regular bans!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

stux is very politics brained and a politics poster superstar now.. personally that much politics is not healthy but im not one to judge

Chudges gonna be poo poo spitting assholes I guess

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

one of the hardest jobs, being a forum moderator

it's so funny how goons react to mild razzing sometimes

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

CODChimera posted:

Wait do tankies hate guns?

tankies are whatever you want them to be

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
sends in the tanks? tankie
doesn't want to send in the tanks? still tankie
anti genocide? you bet that's a tankie
affirms the holodomor? yep, still tankie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Spergin Morlock posted:

my favorite was when he drank multiple liters of olive oil in 5 minutes

his dad got mad at him for doing videos in their house once so he did one in his dad's truck in the garage instead and puked all over like usual