Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Vim Fuego posted:

Inside you are two wolves...
robert mitchum with 'CUTE' and 'YIFF' tattoos on his hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

DaysBefore posted:

Five months of sending resumes for jobs I can prove I'm qualified for: gently caress you

One phonecall to the temp agency lady I know: employed within days

Lol. Whatever
Congrats, the application grind is really demoralizing. I remember you posting in the unemployed thread and that was months ago

I just signed an offer letter today and i'm officially a remote computer toucher. no more crawling around on a factory floor, relationship with visibly useful work over, i spit on the working class, etc.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Lib and let die posted:

oh buddy I have dog

great dog. the hind feet markings and lil tail dip really add to the overall presentation.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I'm watching twin peaks for the first time, seems like a pretty good show so far
It's great. It has a lot of not great parts though. And that's especially true of the 3rd season- some of it is just terrible and in other parts it explores stuff that's almost never explored in film. he's a profoundly introspective person imo and the 3rd season has a great deal of insight into the sicknesses of our time, as well as far more fundamental things about his own psyche

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 04:04 on Apr 24, 2024

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

i watched it in 2017 and probably did not appreciate a lot of it, so it's due for a rewatch

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Ive got this wild eyed theory that human hatred starts with hatred of bugs and is solvable then only by correcting hatred of bugs first. Even vegans loving hate bugs.
that tracks imo. It's a primal aversion towards living things that are both like and unlike us, and they can threaten safety, comfort, cleanliness, ego (being more important or lovely than a bug). so there's a lot of poo poo wrapped up in a little bug

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

hatch is too veggie a flavor. I don't like it. if it's gotta be green, green el yucateco is all right.
the green el yucateco tastes fruity though. fruity eggs? i think that if you are committed to green sauce+ egg you gotta go full on chilaquiles verdes

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

hatch is too veggie a flavor. I don't like it. if it's gotta be green, green el yucateco is all right.

Smythe posted:

green yucateco is SUPREME egg additive
i was really wrong on this one. it's great.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

my_custom_username posted:

I was given this small test dose for the first visit and it immediately sucked me into the K-hole. My world got really blurry really fast as everything turned into blocks and stretched out. For like the first 30ish minutes I was immobilized on the couch in this weird Death-Prism, the entire room was dark besides this one table lamp that dimly lit up the walls behind me. That lamp was like the omimous backdrop to a hell I was simmering in for eternity, there was no more sense of time or self, this state of being where I'm immobilized was all I've ever known.

Later I got up and started puking while coming down from it with the taste of ketamine in my nose and throat (it was administered nasally). Couldn't even listen to music as I struggled to even comprehend wtf my phone was. Apparently the other guy who had the treatment this morning also had a really negative reaction
That sounds a bit familiar, sorry. I think that ketamine is overhyped for certain kinds of anxiety or depression. It's possible to just sort of dissociate from everything EXCEPT for chronic stress in an overwhelming way, and some people are predisposed towards that. I've found that stuff like sitting in nature can help when part of me is stuck like that a bit. A lot of times it's an emotion that I was suppressing, and it takes a lot of calming down for that to start unwinding.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

FirstnameLastname posted:

did they not have music playing when it was administered? i took it at home and they emphasized it was like mandatory to have music on and id agree, it lets you make sure you're not dying - you thought you were dying or had died bc mega high it's basically the strongest fear your brains capable of producing, usually right when you feel it you pop out of it and then feel fine bc there's music keeping things from getting uncomfortably alien

it's hosed up they let you just freak out on your own and gave it to you w/o music all anyone had to do was like throw you a thumbs up and hit play on a playlist all the scary poo poo would've vaporized instantly but instead u got left sitting on "maximum fear' for no reason
Yeah that's very strange to have no stimuli. I'd think that the idea would be to encourage openness and access to positive feelings in a dissociated state, or doing it while undergoing some kind of talk therapy.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

copy posted:

i support you in your quest to become a variety of bog man. more bogmen more better

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

glad to see ohtori graduating from class enemy to little eichmann

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

i think he gave me this dogshit avatar
it really sucks. your old av fit your posting personality in a weird way that i liked.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lobsters dont have feathers retormo
they do have feather-like appendages called pleopods. that's where he keeps his eggs after he extrudes them from his genital pores, through the sperm package

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

DaysBefore posted:

Da woman brought a big bag of licorice allsorts. Ftmfw
nice. i like the little nonpareils that come in them

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

a group of armed software developers trying to execute a senile old man in the parking lot of a golden corral by tying his limbs to 4 separate mobility scooters

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they hate david hogg so much lol
a guy named hogg who hates guns is the antithesis of the gun-manhood connection in the gun freak psyche. it really hits a nerve

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Zodium posted:

hmm .. needs a little polish, but this feels like a powerful technique.
here's my attempt. there's atavistic wiring in the brain for using the feet to explore and interact with the environment, like how monkeys use them. but people largely stop doing that during development, often during stages that are involved with the emergence of lifelong drives.

due to the proximity in the brain and how the nerves in the legs and pelvis are wired, sex stuff can get tangled up in there. and so for foot guy any foot thing is like yanking on a subconscious world of repressed sensory possibilities, and also their dick

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

at the job i am supposed to start on monday, i received an email at 4:30 pm yesterday from HR with my start instructions, which instructed me to email the hiring manager to obtain my start (time and location) details. what a loving stupid process this was lol. thank god the manager was still checking his emails at 4:30 on a friday because he responded very quickly.
i started at a place a while back, and i didn't know if i was starting remote or on site until sunday night, as they talked about both. had me sweating a bit. good luck on the new job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

lol the smallest arm has an s curve wrench instead of a big pipe wrench or a gun. very libidinal