Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
just finished watching this show and i enjoyed it even though i have no idea what's going on for the most part! i really enjoyed watching the d-oh this year so thought it'd be a fun bit to give another tournament a shot in a promotion i know far less about than ddt (and i don't know that much about ddt to begin with). $6 ain't a bad price at all. hasn't really given me much to grab on to immediately, but i think i am rooting for kento and ren ayabe and... jun saito?

apophenium posted:

Ren Ayabe, 27, Saitama, Japan.
Finisher: Not sure. I think it might be a stalling falcon arrow.

i've rewound and watched this finisher like 5 times and i still have no idea what the gently caress it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

how on earth did ajpw find Lord Crewe? this dude seems great and he has done nothing but wrestle tiny indiana/ohio/kentucky indies for the last few years

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

was not expecting main event of night 2 to feature quite so much ball destruction but sure. certainly the most memorable of the matches!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

caught up on night 3, mostly just left it on as background noise. that said, the main definitely had some cool stuff in it

still hoping for big things for ren. i think i'm drawn to him because i am not a fan of ddt's resident young tall guy, yukio naya, who actually did win their last tournament. ren ayabe has much more charisma, if maybe a bit less ability.

suwama being the only guy with no losses already is kind of wild, used to g1 booking where i feel like you usually have a couple guys in a given block go a while before eating their first loss.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

just caught up on night 4, gonna go ahead and roll into night 5. last couple matches pretty good! i'll admit i'm in catch-up mode and watching while doing other stuff, but that semi-main where ayogi just fell directly on his loving brain after a suplex from the MASTER OF SUPLEX popped me big even if it was probably more of a botch than an intentional dumbass sell

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

still catching up and just watched Kento vs Shotaro Ashino from night 6 and sorry Shotaro but you're going to have to get new trunks you cannot be called the Master of Suplex after that loving match. you managed exactly one half-and-half suplex in 19 minutes and then got killed by the most devastating stalling suplex i have ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i had fun, even if the middle stretch of the tournament was pretty mid. my final power rankings based on "which guys from this tour i would like to see wrestle again the most":

Kento Miyahara
Cyrus (I just think he's neat)
Lord Crewe (ditto)
Yuma Aoyagi
Suwama
Seigo Tachibana
Jun Saito
Rising HAYATO
Kuma Arashi
Yuma Anzai
Hokuto Omori
Ren Ayabe
Kaz Hayashi
Dan Tamura
Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Hartley Jackson
Ryuki Honda
Shotaro Ashino
MUSASHI
Hideki Suzuki
DBS Jr

jun kicking out of Kento's finisher had me yelling at home, really thought he might have it. kinda seemed like they could have him lose to Yuma Anzai and that'd be a big fun "tag star gets a singles moment" and also a solid defense for Yuma, but I guess I get running Kento vs Yuma

I also think I liked Ren vs Rei more than most of the tournament matches. Rei is such a weird dude because like 90% of the time I find him immensely boring (he did not win me over in the D-Oh) but every now and then he just has a really great match out of nowhere

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 14, 2024