Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I bashed together a very quick, very low effort Google Sheet for...I dunno, if you want to keep track of points yourself, or do predictions or whatever. I don't know. I'm using it for keeping track of scores & just thought I'd share it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10TiirnJ2v7B5CC-kv_eVWqduE5cJfQc15FFSwrafIWg/edit?usp=sharing

Caveat that anyone who uses spreadsheets with any regularity could create something more efficient or whatever. Almost everything I once knew about spreadsheets has long since atrophied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

All Japan have confirmed the match order for the first 4 shows of the Carnival

Thursday 18th April
6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

Champion Carnival Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Actwres Time, 18:10 start: Act & Riko Fukunaga vs Kanamic & Sakura Mizushima
Dan Tamura & Ryo Inoue vs Rising HAYATO & Seigo Tachibana
Cyrus, Hideki Suzuki & MUSASHI vs Hartley Jackson, Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Ryuji Hijikata
Champion Carnival B Block: Rei Saito vs Suwama
Champion Carnival A Block: Hokuto Omori vs Shotaro Ashino
Champion Carnival B Block: Road Crewe vs Ryuki Honda
Champion Carnival A Block: Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival A Block: Kento Miyahara vs Ren Ayabe
Champion Carnival B Block: Jun Saito vs Yuma Anzai
Live on ajpw.tv

Just before the show starts there will be a memorial 10 bell salute for Akebono, & then the traditional Champion Carnival opening ceremony where all the competitors are presented in the ring.

Saturday 20th April
1:30pm JST/3:30pm AEDT/5:30am BST/12:30am EDT/9:30pm PDT

Champion Carnival Night 2
Act City, Hamamatsu
Hikaru Sato & MUSASHI vs Rising HAYATO & Ryo Inoue
Champion Carnival A Block: Ren Ayabe vs Shotaro Ashino
Champion Carnival B Block: Hartley Jackson vs Suwama
Cyrus, Davey Boy Smith Jr & Ryuki Honda vs Dan Tamura, Hideki "Shrek" Sekine & Rei Saito
Champion Carnival A Block: Kuroshio TOKYO Japan vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Road Crewe vs Yuma Anzai
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Jun Saito
Champion Carnival A Block: Hokuto Omori vs Kento Miyahara
Uploaded later to ajpw.tv

Sunday 21st April
4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

Champion Carnival Night 3
Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall Exhibition Hall 4, Chiba
Ayato Yoshida, Chicharito Shoki, MUSASHI & Ryo Inoue vs Daiju Wakamatsu, Hikaru Sato, Road Crewe & Seigo Tachibana
Champion Carnival B Block: Hartley Jackson vs Jun Saito
Champion Carnival A Block: Cyrus vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Champion Carnival A Block: Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Shotaro Ashino
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Rei Saito
Dan Tamura, Hokuto Omori & Ren Ayabe vs Kaz Hayashi, Masayuki Kono & Suwama
Champion Carnival A Block: Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Ryuki Honda vs Yuma Anzai
Live on ajpw.tv

Wednesday 24th April

Champion Carnival Night 4
Shinagawa Prince Hotel Stellar Ball, Tokyo
Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Rei Saito vs Hartley Jackson, Ryo Inoue & Seigo Tachibana
Champion Carnival A Block: Hokuto Omori vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Champion Carnival B Block: Jun Saito vs Road Crewe
Champion Carnival A Block: Cyrus vs Ren Ayabe
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Ryuki Honda
Davey Boy Smith Jr & MUSASHI vs Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO
Champion Carnival A Block: Shotaro Ashino vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Suwama vs Yuma Anzai
Live on ajpw.tv

Interesting to note that Kento is only headlining one of the 4 nights (somehow him vs Aoyagi is only co-main?) while Anzai has the other 3 nights, which shows a heck of a lot of confidence in Yuma.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's here! Well, almost. The AWG offer match is due to start in 20 minutes. I didn't think I'd get the chance to watch live but everything is coming up Milhouse. Probably won't actually tune in until the Akebono tribute which is due at 18:25 JST

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Akebono theme music is really quite incongruous with a sombre memorial, I like it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cyrus not standing for Kento's lip & mollywhopping everyone who tried to hold him back is very good use of Cyrus

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Opener was real neat junior action & I think Dan might have just challenged Seigo Tachibana for the GAORA TV Title

Just guessing from the context though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hokuto Omori has a horse head wearing friend now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well that was uhhhh definitive

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yuma DBS was mostly a bit dull, Davey Boy is not exciting to watch on offence & he was the aggressors for the majority of this.

On the plus-side, the finish was pretty good & the post-match was hilarious.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ren has a new robe :)

Actually his whole look now is very Kazu Okada influenced. I'd almost have said he has an old Okada robe if he wasn't so bloody tall

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hey look, Kento doing headbutts outside the ring!!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ren already looks like he's been at the AJPW chanko & put on some more mass. And is striking stiffer which is great. I'm honestly impressed, he's risen to the occasion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

And our Triple Crown Champion also has new gear, looking good. He's gotten to drop the young boy trunks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Overall, good opening night, top 2 matches were both great, Ashino & Omori were the best of the rest, DBS Yuma went too long for what it was trying to do, but good ending.

Looking forward to Night 2 now on Saturday!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

saw some highlights of my guy Lord Crewe I hope everyone is supporting him because he's cool and nice and I love supporting a good local guy making it to japan :) Also he hits hard and looks good doing it :hai:

You might have seen the whole match, it was basically a squash of Ryuki Honda, which I understand because you want to make the new foreigner look good but also it's a loving bummer to see Honda done like that. And honestly, kind of hard to judge his quality based on that, though he did get to show some character aping Honda's signature spot, even if the Korakuen crowd didn't quite realise what he was doing until he did it. That was fun when they finally got on, you could see a lady in the first row opposite the hardcam was was really into it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

Catching up now. Actresu Time was fun. I liked the intro with all the competitors in the ring with the trophy. Cyrus throwing around the AJPW dojo youngboys was really funny. Ren's got pink hair now!

I really do think Ren looks so much more legit already, just those small changes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

DBS Jr. lookin like if Dustin Rhodes did a British version of Cody Rhodes's gimmick. Also the commentators are talkin' bout Chris Benoit??! Someone In Back??

Japanese wrestling does not give a poo poo if you murdered your wife & child unfortunately, as far as I can tell.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Now that Cyrus is doing fun stuff all my ire is focussed on Davey Boy, man I just lose all interest whenver he's on offence

He's impressive in how dull everything he does is.

I've finally gotten around to Night 2 and god, Ayabe has been an All Japan guy for 3 weeks and his elbows already look so much more impactful, it's great. Also really enjoyed him doing the Full Nelson while holding Ashino in the air.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Two matches into his tournament and boy Suwama looks cooked. Probably time he just moves into the old Takao Omori role, assuming they can sign another heavyweight to replace him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This Cagematch review of Ikemen Vs Aoyagi is :discourse:

[0.0] "It is hard to find words that can properly describe how much I hated this match. I actually don't despise Kuroshio. His entrance can be fun, and there is definitely a place on any roster for a comedy wrestler. That place is not having matches that go for over ten minutes against people that should be protected to work the top of the card. More over, their matches should be funny. And SHORT. The match is listed as 11:44, but I'm pretty sure it lasted at least 3 generations. Oh, and they had literally no ideas what to do with that time. There was a clothes-hanger spot that didn't work. I guess that was an idea? They failed to do it twice, so they definitely thought it was good. This match made me opine for Onita. -500000 stars."

What a miserable person

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well, night 3 has been the weakest so far (though I've still a couple matches to go). Impressed Suzuki has started 0-2, seems uncharacteristic of him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

Wednesday 24th April

Champion Carnival Night 4
Shinagawa Prince Hotel Stellar Ball, Tokyo
Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Rei Saito vs Hartley Jackson, Ryo Inoue & Seigo Tachibana
Champion Carnival A Block: Hokuto Omori vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Champion Carnival B Block: Jun Saito vs Road Crewe
Champion Carnival A Block: Cyrus vs Ren Ayabe
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Ryuki Honda
Davey Boy Smith Jr & MUSASHI vs Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO
Champion Carnival A Block: Shotaro Ashino vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Suwama vs Yuma Anzai
Live on ajpw.tv

Friendly reminder that this is in just under 9 hours. Honestly not the best card on paper, although I'm looking forward to Omori having to deal with Ikemen, & Ashino vs Aoyagi as well. Plus Jun Saito vs Lord Crewe is kinda intriguing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I am so relieved Suwama put over Anzai.

Couple of cracking matches on that show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So apparently the show in Sendai today had to be upgraded because there was so much demand for tickets.

Also after the show Jun & Rei did an impromptu signing & look at this loving queue!

https://x.com/alljapan_pw/status/1786307406202605600

They also had a pre-match photo with the mayor of their hometown, Kakuda. These lads are local stars.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Night 7 the most mediocre of the tour so far. Kind of feels this tournament really exposes the lack of depth in the company

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

According to Cagematch they did over 1,400.

Last year's Carnival show in Sendai did 419, headlined by Aoyagi vs Satoshi Kojima. And just for more data, they did 220 in pre-COVID January 2020, 302 for a Royal Road show in 2019, 320 for a 2019 Carnival show, & 260 in January 2019. Even beats the 2018 Carnival which drew 1290 for a show that opened the tournament & had Shingo vs Kento & Hino vs Ishikawa on it.

In fact the last time All Japan beat that attendance that I can find was the 2010 Real World Tag League tour, the tournament finals at that. Show had Masakatsu Funaki & Minoru Suzuki vs Ryota Hama & Suwama, Bushi, Manabu Soya & Sanada vs Taiyo Kea, Tamon Honda & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Nishimura vs Joe Malenko. And the tournament finals of Hama & Suwama vs KENSO & KONO.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

He's gone and bloody done it!

But who's under the mask?!?!

It's going to be such a surprise when it turns out it was Cyrus all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kazuchika Okada returns to Japan??? To carry Hokuto Omori's bags?