Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NIce writeup, wish the opening round wasn't on a weekday so I could watch it live. Miayahara vs Ayabe should be a cracker, as should Ashino vs Honda if they bring the intensity from their awesome last man standing match a few years ago.

I will note that Hartley Jackson is from Adelaide rather than Perth, although i'll definitely claim him. He spent a over a decade doing shows here and still gets a mention every now and then as one of the legacy members of TMDK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Have to think Ashino is making the finals again, even if he hasn't set the world on fire since his return from injury. Looking at the final block matches he's got Cyrus, which is the probable main event over Kento vs DBSjr and Aoyagi vs Omori. I will be cheering for Omori in basically every match even if I think he's finshing below everyone but Ikeman.

As for the other block I could absolutely see Anzai making the finals and losing to set up a ready rematch, or winning the first 4 before lagging in the back 3 against the craftier veterans. If not him then I'm actaully in disagreement with your writeup and think Suzuki could squeak into the finals with a win over Anzai on the last day (because he's crafty and also has a history of being pissy about jobbing), or Honda because he has a ton of history with Ashino, both as a team and as opponents.

Of course I doubt i'll be disappointed if it's Kento or Yuma making the finals against pretty much anyone in B Block, or like Ren Ayabe in a Giants Battle vs SUWAMA. As long as it's not like Cyrus vs Rei Saito i'll be satisfied

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Will definitely use that spreadsheet, thanks a lot. Even your rudimentary spreadsheet skills are no doubt better than mine, considering my MOTYC one breaks whenever I re-sort the list of wrestlers by nominations

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Eagerly awaiting seeing Anzais new gear when I catch up with this tomorrow morning

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Night 1 thoughts:
- The AWG offer match was very neat again, it's starting to grow on me although I still have trouble remembering who is who apart from Act Yasukawa. Riko Fukunaga has some cool sequences despite cagematch only having 30 career matches listed for her, and she took a German suplex like a champ during the finishing sequence.
- I adore Dan Tamura, wish his Jr reign had lasted longer but I can appreciate him straight trucking people
- I can't believe Ikeman would jsut steal a kid like that, good thing Cyrus was here to enforce order
- Suwama/Rei was fine for what it was, it was never going to be the fiery battering I was hoping for since the Voodoo Murders split was rather amicable in the end
- Wolf Horse Moon of Rebellion :stare: Then he lost pretty quickly, sad for Omori. At least his hair is almost back to full power, his straight hair era was disconcerting. Ashino looked like a killer here, which i'm in for since i've been an Ashino man since I saw him during my first CC, despite the pain he's put me through
- Lord Crewe's gamer glasses are incongruous with the rest of his presentation. I liked his counting bit and his offence looked good, excited for a more competitive match from him next time.
- Not even Yuma could make me care about DBSjr, this match was dull and went too long, could have gone half it and given the remainder to Ashino/Omori
- Kento rules, Ayabe rules, loved this match
- The Saito Brother theme is growing on me, guessing most of my former distaste for it was because until this year both brother sucked absolute poo poo, so it was a harbinger of things to come. Now i'm bopping along with the dream warriors. Anzai looks cool in his Fuminori Abe trunks, was expecting tights since that's what he was wearing during the Abebono tribute at the start. Match itself was great, there were parts when I wish the crowd were louder but they came alive for stuff like Yuma's jumping knee to Jun on the top rope.

All in all a pretty good show, wish Ashino/Honda was longer and Suwama/Rei was more fiery but still excited for night 2

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ren's has been packing on the muscle since his first All Japan appearance, he's actaully a giant now instead of just being a beanpole with the strikes to match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sweet, i'll start that up once I finish watching HYPE!2, plenty of time before todays liveshow starts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Night 2 thoughts:
- The echo on Sato's kicks to Inoue make them sound like absolute murder
- Ashino's reversal of Ayabe's finisher into the ankle lock wasn't the smoothest but his tenaciousness in sticking with the hold will never get old for me. Good match,looking forward to them running it back when Ashino is champ and AYabe has bulked up even more
- Greately enjoyed these big beefy fuckers running into each other, ending was sudden but I can appreciate the utility of putting over a simple move like a sleeper than can end the match in 2024 in the right hands
- Wasn't paying super close attention to the 6-man aside from thinking that Rei, Dan and Shrek is a really weird combo. Cyrus vs Rei could be cool matchup, shame they're in different blocks
- Yuma clearly loves getting to do the jacket bit, it pissing Ikeman off is just icing on the cake. Then Kuroshio made that kid cry :lol: The match itself was great as well, great balance of wrestling and comedy
- This was a way better display of Lord Crewe than the squash on night 1. Anzai is so great as the guy growing under the tremendous weight of carrying the company's top belt
- Suzuki/Jun was an odd one, I was enjoying it in the moment but the second it finished I forgot literally everything that happened
- Friend Horse is back :neckbeard: I have no idea where this is leading but it is very funny
- Once the shenanigans got out of the way this was a very good match, not quite MOTYC quality but not too far off either

Not as high highs as night 1 but also didn't have a completely dull match like DBSjr/Aoyagi to drag it down, fun stuff

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Show 3 starting now, they're running through the card

e: a nice benefit of the show taking place in CHiba is the 2AW boys showing up

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 21, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shoki is a literal child standing across the ring from Lord Crewe

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:laffo: Stepped away while Kuroshio was making his entrance, came back and he's getting demolished in the crowd

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

hahaha all that poo poo was before the bell. Just pin him dude he's done

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Now that Cyrus is doing fun stuff all my ire is focussed on Davey Boy, man I just lose all interest whenver he's on offence

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Being an Ashino fan is pain

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rei please do not slam your arm into the corner post like when you just came back from an arm injury

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Friend Horse :neckbeard:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ref is incompetent, match is a delight

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This show has certainly been the weakest so far, have high hopes for Kento and Yuma though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Blackout Knee is so loving sick

That was a good match approaching great, but these guys rule so much I was left a little disappointed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus Christ :stare:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:aaa:

He's gone and bloody done it!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I noticed there was something up with his back on todays show but it was midway through the match so I had just assumed that something from the floor had stuck to him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I want Omori to pick up exactly 1 win in the last block match, when Friend Horse helps him beat Yuma Aoiyagi to deny him the finals

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My first guess was Omori's former tag partner Yusuke Kodama, who is as pale as Friend Horse but as far as I remember was a fair bit broader in the shoulders. Maybe Seigo Tachibana, who's the right build and level of tan but wouldn't make a ton of sense at the moment. An out there answer could be NJPW's YOH, who's currently out with injury and could be doing this as a build for the UJPW June 15th event

It's not the same Horse Face but wouldn't be surprised if YOH owned multiple in different colours, he's a pretty out there guy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Night 4 thoughts
- Still weird to see Rei teaming with Evolution, him catching Hartley's crossbody was very cool though. I've never really thought about how beefy Tachibana is until he was squaring off with Dan, keen for the match between them at Korakuen
- I think Ikeman's entrance is even funnier watching the VOD where they completely mute the stream for his entrance, ref dragging his rear end for time wasting in complete silence rules hard. The he took another kid
- Is Friend Horse Kazushi Sakuraba, and they're subtly messaging that to me by doing the Gracie train entrance? The plot thickens
- :laffo: the low powered jacket punches. Crowd did not seem into this one at all but I had a good time
- Crewe doing the Sheamus clubs to the chest in the middle of the ring is a strange visual. Once again wish the crowd were more into this, thought this was a very neat beef battle that did it's job efficiently
- HE SLAMMED THE GIANT :derp: I've actually really enjoyed how they've used Cyrus this time around, a marked improvement over his last two CC
- I have no feelings about Honda/Suzuki, I blinked and it was over
- Ashino/Yuma ruled, crowd were finally completely awake for some of these ridiculous suplexes. Thought Ashino should gone for the cover a bit earlier as I was sure Yuma was kicking out and still get annoyed by how slow Kyohei is at counting pins but we can't have everything
- Main event also ruled, Anzai's incredible and SUWAMA was more than willing to put the work in to get over the future of the company. Not sold on his sumission finisher yet but crowd were very keen for it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Night 5 starting soon, not super keen on the top half of the card but the first few block matches should be good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Night 5 thoughts, broken up by match
- Opening 6-man was sweet. Lord Crewe still hasn't had a singles performance that's blown me away but he was great here cooming in, doing some power moves and getting back out. Seigo Tachibana continues his transformation into Jr hoss which i'm totally here for, not sure i've ever seen that finisher from him but it looked sweet here

- Omori isn't even trying for twin magic with Friend Horse anymore :lol: it was basically pointless anyways since he's always the one wearing blue
- Ayabe is brutalising this poor boy, leave him alone :stonk:
- VICTORY FOR DICK KICKS :neckbeard:

- Jackson vs Suzuki was entirely my poo poo, I just want my Aussie boy to start winning soon

- I've completely turned around on Cyrus, want more of him completely steamrolling people. Kento of course remains the best
- There is no loving way Kento is hitting the Shutdown Suplex on Cyrus, man's simply too big
- STOLEN. That match ruled, perfect use of Cyrus

- Return of Bodyger, and also lol at Suwama being in this 6-man tag instead of the opener with his Evolution teammates
- Suwama demanding the Aoyagi supporters towel from that lady in the front row so he could smother Yuma with it :lol:
- Oh cool, Bodyguard won :geno:

- I am flummoxed by the positive reaction DBSjr got during his entrance
- "What is this?" "It's me" :laffo:
- The match itself was absolutely fine, the guys worked well together even if it weren't my taste

- Such monsters ajpw.tv are muting the Saito brothers entrance
- Strange that the crowd aren't super into this when they've been pretty loud the whole night
- Jun Saito leading the block, if Anzai didn't hold the tiebreaker over him i'd think that's what would decide the block

- Oh poo poo Anzai splatted on the floor, wonder if he were supposed to properly land on the apron there
- loving hell Rei, there were fans in the path of that guardrail
- Sumo thrusting Anzai into the corner ruled
- Double Saito brothers win, that last flurry from Rei with the headbutts and slaps were brilliant
- Very neat David vs Goliath matchup, even if I personally enjoyed Cyrus vs Kento doing it earlier a bit more

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Show is starting in 20 minutes, Kento vs Ashino is on the splash screen and also last in the order on the show page so hopefully it does main event over Suzuki vs SUWAMA, who I really enjoy as a team but not as a main event

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That running elbow smash from Tachibana continues to look great

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Surprised Cyrus lost another one, was expecting him to be upper mid table at this point

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was impressive, gives me hope Crewe can actually get Rei up for his finisher

e: Well, Crewe got the win but unfortunately none of thoose spinning kicks were on target

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Finally, children are standing up to Ikeman's constant kidnapping attempts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HAYATO won the chicken fight, Ikeman is devastated

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Friend Horse is going it alone tonight

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hartley has the crowf support of Anzai, I love it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My dreams have turned to ash in my mouth :negative:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Match ruled, wrong winner

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Those are some drat crisp forearm shots

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Eh, that ending was a bit flat, otherwise nice match but shouldn't have main evented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

apophenium posted:

Looks like the VOD of yesterday's show is going up in a couple hours. 10 am JST

Just checked anad it looks like tomorrow, 10am May 1st