Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

After watching 3 of Top's shows and giving blistering rants about what he was doing wrong each night, why did Gallagher still have to gently caress up the moment Top tried to give him on that last night? Like, not even Chevy Chase could be that stupid and petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PokeJoe posted:

speaking of which, if u can smash a melon between ur thighs please text me

My fitness goal is to have buttcheeks mighty enough to close Captains of Crush No. 4 hand grippers.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I. M. Gei posted:

My fitness goal is to have buttcheeks mighty enough to close Captains of Crush No. 4 hand grippers.

text me

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if u can crack my dick like a Walnut I'm ready to host

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I saw a one man show once that reminded me a lot of Gallagher

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I saw a one man show once that reminded me a lot of Gallagher

Did it have a lot of heart, and a bit of humour too?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I met a guy when I visiting grad schools almost 20 years ago and he was in a Gallagher-themed Metallica cover band - Metallagher. They'd play Metallica songs with Gallagher themed lyrics and smash water melons. He wrote about it in his personal statement for his applications. We were going to start a fantasy themed metal band where everyone was dressed as a centaur.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

rip to a real one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQMcSZHwVs

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I saw a Gallagher show in the early 2000s in Madison, WI, in that period of time before he went completely nuts. The week before, Jerry Seinfeld had done a show, which had been big news for our mid-size midwestern college town. At the start of his show Gallagher gets up on stage with a big bag of fun-size Halloween candy and a tennis racket. He starts lobbing candy into the crowd and shouts "DID JERRY SEINFELD GIVE YOU CANDY??". Great joke.

Stunt-Puffin posted:

After watching 3 of Top's shows and giving blistering rants about what he was doing wrong each night, why did Gallagher still have to gently caress up the moment Top tried to give him on that last night? Like, not even Chevy Chase could be that stupid and petty.

It's crazy how much patience and grace Carrot Top had for that aging hippie lunatic

Patron Saint of Prop Comedy

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

I have a strange memory about Gallagher and I'm honestly not sure if it's real or something I imagined during a fever...

After 9-11 he was accused of going off the deep end about terrorism and I'm pretty sure I remember reading an article about how he'd come up with some crazy scheme to clear bridges that had become clogged with cars during a terrorist attack by using helicopters with long cables to grapple the cars and air lift them out of the way. He was trying to promote this idea as some sort of search and rescue procedure and was very VERY upset that it wasn't being taken seriously.

I know it sounds crazy, but.. Gallagher.

Does anyone remember reading something like that?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Why is Gallagher VIII afraid of Gallagher VII? Because Gallagher VII ate Gallagher IX.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You're thinking of his teamup with the far less successful Smatular. That guy that had an oversized spatula and kept coming up with reasons to whip it out and flip over large flat objects.

He would fling trashcan lid sized pancakes into the crowd that he cooked on the griddle top embedded in the stage. About three times in a set he would accidentally step on the griddle and say OW HOT FOOT FOOT!

He was alright.

Well the idea was the cars would be flattened with a mallet and then they'd use a spatula to shuffle them off. I don't know whether it worked.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cumpantry posted:

YOUR MY WANDERRR WAAAAHHLLL

ditto

Mister Speaker posted:

I went to see Peter Gabriel in concert a few months ago and when he played Sledgehammer there was footage on the video walls mostly of different kinds of bugs loving. But there was one shot of a watermelon smashing, which I'm sure was a reference to Gallagher.

wait peter gabriel is still doing concerts ?? i had no idea considering he's prob 80 and hasn't been in the spotlight since the 70's and 80's

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:wtfdude:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Symmetrical :rudy: is an abomination

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Classic read:

Gallagher Is a Paranoid, Right-Wing, Watermelon-Smashing Maniac

"At last, after two hours of his tedious, hacky, right-wing manifesto, Gallagher gets to the part his (willing) hostages have been waiting for. It's time to smash some poo poo. There are the watermelons, there is some cottage cheese ("It's got the curds that blow up, just like on the news!"), there is sauerkraut and syrup and honey. Then Gallagher gets a tin pie plate. He opens a giant can of fruit cocktail and pours it in. He opens a can of some Asian vegetable—water chestnuts, maybe—and pours that in, too. "This is the China people and queers!!!" he screams and takes his sledgehammer to the thing with a fury that is no fun at all. Wet chunks of China people and queers fly everywhere. The hateful, bitter old man laughs. I cannot believe Bill Hicks is dead and this motherfucker is still touring."

Laterite fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 18, 2024

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Valko posted:

My first thought when I saw the thread title was Liam Gallagher, yeah.

My best friend as a teenager loved music so much that he not only emulated Liams' style - he started acting like him too. Long story short, after 6 years it ended up in a physical confrontation and we didn't speak for a long time.

I have since reconnected with him after 25 years and he is now one of the warmest kindest people I know - like when I first met him. gently caress LIAM!!!

The damage Liam did was temporary, me and Bacon Ears are great buddies again.

Are you the alternate universe version of one of The Lucas Bros and was your best friend the other Lucas Bro?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Literally A Bird > Literally A Person

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Laterite posted:

Classic read:

"At last, after two hours of his tedious, hacky, right-wing manifesto, Gallagher gets to the part his (willing) hostages have been waiting for. It's time to smash some poo poo. There are the watermelons, there is some cottage cheese ("It's got the curds that blow up, just like on the news!"), there is sauerkraut and syrup and honey. Then Gallagher gets a tin pie plate. He opens a giant can of fruit cocktail and pours it in. He opens a can of some Asian vegetable—water chestnuts, maybe—and pours that in, too. "This is the China people and queers!!!" he screams and takes his sledgehammer to the thing with a fury that is no fun at all. Wet chunks of China people and queers fly everywhere. The hateful, bitter old man laughs. I cannot believe Bill Hicks is dead and this motherfucker is still touring."

lmfao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gallagher hosed each and every melon backstage prior to its impending destruction, thereby ensuring the front row of the audience would be covered not only in melon goo but the very essence of Gallagher himself. Appalling certainly, but also a reminder that the days of performers giving their all into every performance are long past us.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ded posted:

Literally A Bird > Literally A Person

We're the same person, dingus

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

We're the same person, dingus

but you're not a bird...?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

but you're not a bird...?

It's an Internet forum, hcotc. We can choose who we want to be.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

and you've chosen to be a person. ipso facto, qed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm also all the other Literally's too. Hog and Fish.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I also have my gimmick account Al Mond, the wealthy tree nut magnate.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pretty sure I’ve seen Literally A Tomato too. Messed up.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Pretty sure I’ve seen Literally A Tomato too. Messed up.

I wanted to really get into character for my upcoming show. It mixes nutrition education with gritty procedural crime drama. Also, it has a lot of humour too.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Wtf am I doing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Medication time LAP

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Laterite posted:

Classic read:

I've read this article half a dozen times over the years and it gets more sad and pathetic every time. So has Gallagher, I'm sure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Medication time LAP

Thinking a nappy may be appropriate also

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

McSpanky posted:

I've read this article half a dozen times over the years and it gets more sad and pathetic every time. So has Gallagher, I'm sure.

He's dead. https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2022-11-11/gallagher-melon-smashing-comedian-dead-at-76

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

drat. rest in power, king

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

drat. rest in power, king

pfft

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

suing your brother years after you let him copy your performance routine, what a trooper

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Is it true that Gallagher smashed his lil Gallagher repeatedly with his mallet for his entry in the BME Pain Olympics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I met a guy when I visiting grad schools almost 20 years ago and he was in a Gallagher-themed Metallica cover band - Metallagher. They'd play Metallica songs with Gallagher themed lyrics and smash water melons. He wrote about it in his personal statement for his applications. We were going to start a fantasy themed metal band where everyone was dressed as a centaur.

I think I saw them play at a wrestling show at First Avenue in Minneapolis once. I don't remember much but I remember it was entertaining.