Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Forrest on Fire posted:

Alright someone help me find a team to root for

I'm a fan of the Arizona Cardinals so vibes matter more than wins hence loser thread

Auto no's:
- Chicago - They dug their own grave
- Utah - I barely remembered they existed when they were in AZ

What team has (relatively) less toxic vibes, irrelevant of wins?

Seattle. As an Arizona Cardinals fan you will feel right at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/spittinchiclets/status/1781432978016551356?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

They could give this rear end in a top hat 20 years and nowhere in Arizona would build an arena for him

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

HOLY gently caress posted:

https://x.com/russohockey/status/1781434489996202056

this is hosed. iirc he played every game this season so he didn’t even get to skip one to get a break from Hockey Impacts or anything :smith:

well that's one way to develop a player :stonk:

If you have to ride a rookie with broken ribs the entire season just to have a chance at squeaking into the playoffs, who by all appearances is going to be a franchise player, uh, maybe you're better off just punting?

Sadly reminded of the athletic's latest award watch article where they mention that Faber was plainly more valuable than Bedard and deserved serious Calder consideration right up until around the midpoint of the season whereupon he suddenly became mediocre. (*mediocre as a rookie 1D is still pretty impressive mind you!) Guess we know what happened.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Nashville Predators. Fun location, their fans have fun chants at home games, they have a fun core of Sauros (goalie), Josi (defense) and Forsberg, and are def still underdogs.

If he is placing Chicago as an instant "no" based on their lovely handling of, well, everything then maybe suggesting the team right behind them in employing abusers and sex pests isnt the right call.

Vibes based teams are harder to come by in hockey simply because "tradition" is still a huge thing at every level and it turns players into boring repetitive robots or evil caricatures of hockey players. Vancouver and Seattle spring to mind as both have a young enough roster with some talented players making them fun to watch with low stakes attached so the fanbases are a lot more tolerable. Dallas and Colorado are more talented and fun to watch but expectations are higher and their players and team seem to have a lot less personality (Dallas has the best organist in the league though). Carolina as a team has a lot of personality but they keep hiring racists and bigots to offset it. Philly without Torts can be fun in a slow motion car crash kind of way.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

From Charlie’s article:

“That’s what we’re planning on, would be Ersson and Fedotov next season,” Briere confirmed. “Something could change, especially with the history of this organization with goaltending. It seems there’s always some drama there. But it would be nice to get away from the drama.””

lol.

"Yeah we don't really know. Maybe one of our bad goalies will be a good goalie next year somehow? It'd be cool if that happened, we're all really hoping"

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/spittinchiclets/status/1781432978016551356?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

They could give this rear end in a top hat 20 years and nowhere in Arizona would build an arena for him

I love this rich rear end in a top hat playing the victim when he made like one billion dollars from the sale of the team

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I love this rich rear end in a top hat playing the victim when he made like one billion dollars from the sale of the team

Yeah but after he pays all the hotel bills he owes it's probably only 999 million.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ITS THE 2023-24 BUFFALO SABRES AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KEVYN ADAMS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I TRADE MY CAPTAIN AGAIN OR WHEN I SIGN ANOTHER TERRIBLE FREE AGENT. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SET THEIR TEAM UP FOR FAILURE BY GOING ALL IN ON SIGNING PATRICK KANE AND FAILING. I CAN. I SAY “ACCOUNTABILITY” AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PLAYERS ON MY TEAM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT THEY CANT STOP GIVING UP GOALS IN THE FIRST PERIOD. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE DIFFERENT WAYS TO SAY “WE WERENT GOOD ENOUGH” AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND THE HARBORCENTER LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I (recall) LIFT(ing the cup with Carolina after knocking out the Sabres in the ECF in 2006)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Duckman2008 posted:

From Charlie’s article:

“That’s what we’re planning on, would be Ersson and Fedotov next season,” Briere confirmed. “Something could change, especially with the history of this organization with goaltending. It seems there’s always some drama there. But it would be nice to get away from the drama.””

lol.

oh my god he admit it

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

ITS THE 2023-24 BUFFALO SABRES AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KEVYN ADAMS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I TRADE MY CAPTAIN AGAIN OR WHEN I SIGN ANOTHER TERRIBLE FREE AGENT. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SET THEIR TEAM UP FOR FAILURE BY GOING ALL IN ON SIGNING PATRICK KANE AND FAILING. I CAN. I SAY “ACCOUNTABILITY” AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PLAYERS ON MY TEAM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT THEY CANT STOP GIVING UP GOALS IN THE FIRST PERIOD. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE DIFFERENT WAYS TO SAY “WE WERENT GOOD ENOUGH” AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND THE HARBORCENTER LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I (recall) LIFT(ing the cup with Carolina after knocking out the Sabres in the ECF in 2006)

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol 22,700 deposits for season tickets in Utah with barely 24 hours for the new team

lol x2 at the coyotes fans on social media talking poo poo about how they'll NEVER have the dedicated fanbase the Coyotes had!!! :arghfist::qq:

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Maybe this is obvious to people who know things, but since the arena fits 14k for hockey according to wiki, how does that work?

Are those just "intent to buy" season tickets and there's a lottery or something?

E: Also I noticed Phoenix Arizonas survived for 27 seasons, beating Minnesota North Stars by one season for longest living now defunct team in NHL history. Does that make them the best losers or the worst losers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some of them are partial season packages.

Some might even be for waitlist.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm a fan of the Arizona Cardinals so vibes matter more than wins hence loser thread

Auto no's:
- Chicago - They dug their own grave
- Utah - I barely remembered they existed when they were in AZ

What team has (relatively) less toxic vibes, irrelevant of wins?

you can root for the Colorado Avalanche, who are part of the Four Corners and also going to win the Cup this year. also the Broncos are never going to be good again so there’s your vibes taken care of

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Good soup! posted:

lol 22,700 deposits for season tickets in Utah with barely 24 hours for the new team

that's what, seven families maximum?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Doctor Teeth posted:

that's what, seven families maximum?

guilty of an lol at this

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Motnreal is going to draft eiserman and Hutson and it's gonna rule

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In AHL news, the Syracuse Crunch (TBL’s farm team) lost embarrassingly to Utica Comets (NJD’s farm team) last night. A win would have secured them #1 in the North Division but now things are wide open for both the Cleveland Monsters (CBJ) and the Rochester Americans (BUF) who are tied and one point behind Syracuse. Rochester plays Utica at 3pm and Cleveland plays Toronto at 4pm as the second half of a back-to-back. Someone made this crazy chart showing every possible scenario today:

https://x.com/ahlpr/status/1781879430723334594?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Rochester is the only team that didn’t play yesterday so I’m hoping they can use that to their advantage and win the division! Hopefully they will make it to the ECF again and beat Hershey this time, but Hershey is insanely good for the second year in a row. The Amerks have Devon Levi this year who has been playing really well, he could definitely carry them all the way to the Calder Cup.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Okay those team names are fantastic. Syracuse Crunch?? hell yeah

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

HOLY gently caress posted:

Okay those team names are fantastic. Syracuse Crunch?? hell yeah

I definitely prefer when the AHL teams have a different name from the NHL team. Some of the teams are very old (Rochester Americans and Hershey Bears are the oldest iirc) but for some of the newer teams they have boring names. And that wasn’t always the case! The Bridgeport Islanders used to be the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, which was a better name!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Bruins AHL team being the Providence Bruins is loving painfully stupid as poo poo, imo, hate when franchises do that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

ITS THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS FROM LIKE ALL BUT 6 SEASONS OF THEIR EXISTENCE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JARMO KEKALAINEN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I FINALLY GET A STAR TO SIGN WITH THIS TEAM OR EVEN WHEN I HAVE TO PROMOTE A COACH WHO CAN'T DEVELOP A SYSTEM TO NOT LOSE 18 THIRD PERIOD LEADS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HAD PETER LAVIOLETTE RIGHT loving THERE AND INSTEAD THOUGHT A SERIAL rear end in a top hat WHO WOULDN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO CAMP WAS A BETTER HIRE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO JD AND RICK NASH AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE WORKPLACE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS BY FIRING ME. AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO SAY PYYTHIA AND ALL THE PLUGGERS WE HAVE TO CALL UP EVERY YEAR BECAUSE OUR TRAINING STAFF SUCKS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING THEM ALL. 2 HOURS IN THE SAUNA EVERY MORNIng. THEN I PICKLEBALL.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 21, 2024

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rochester won in regulation but so did Cleveland so Cleveland won the division on tiebreakers :smith:

Amerks vs Crunch playoff series coming soon. Cleveland will play the winner of a 3-game series between the Belleville Senators and Toronto Marlies. I’m gonna get AHL TV so I can watch all the Rochester games.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

you can root for the Colorado Avalanche, who are part of the Four Corners and also going to win the Cup this year. also the Broncos are never going to be good again so there’s your vibes taken care of

I can name two players on that team (Makar and McKinnon, I'm a basic) but feels kind of bandwagon-y because the Avs have both a history of success post-Quebec. The Denver Nuggets are already the consolation for the Broncos' slide into irrelevance.

My cousin is a huge Avs fan, chose them over CBH after the Beach incident. Might make sense to go that route.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I definitely prefer when the AHL teams have a different name from the NHL team. Some of the teams are very old (Rochester Americans and Hershey Bears are the oldest iirc) but for some of the newer teams they have boring names. And that wasn’t always the case! The Bridgeport Islanders used to be the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, which was a better name!

Bridgeport is in Connecticut which isn't even on an island! It makes no sense!!!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

I can name two players on that team (Makar and McKinnon, I'm a basic) but feels kind of bandwagon-y because the Avs have both a history of success post-Quebec. The Denver Nuggets are already the consolation for the Broncos' slide into irrelevance.

My cousin is a huge Avs fan, chose them over CBH after the Beach incident. Might make sense to go that route.

In my amazingly humble opinion, don't bandwagon a team having tons of success now/the past few years, it feels cheap if they win in the short term and within a couple of years they're going to bottom out again.

If the Sharks got Celebrini I'd say they're the easy choice, but they're not gonna.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I picked the Penguins when I was a kid purely because Mario Lemieux was my favorite player growing up. Geography didn't play into it (by geography I shoulda been a Whalers or Bruins fan). My dad is a Devils fan.

Had the Penguins moved idk what I would have done. I probably would have just continued being a fan of wherever they went to because it'd be hard to have dropped them after getting attached to Crosby/Malkin.

I would just watch a bunch of games and pick a team that feels fun to you.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You'd have abandoned the Kansas City Penguins while they were terrible and then come back to them when they got Crosby

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1782514527365398981?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

what

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I never thought much of Ruff as a coach during his Devils tenure, but it's sad to see his career end that way.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

You'd have abandoned the Kansas City Penguins while they were terrible and then come back to them when they got Crosby

Well they would have moved while having Crosby already. The move (if it happened) was gonna be in like 2007 or so.

If they had moved in the early 2000's instead when they also had big issues? Yeah I dunno. Maybe I abandon the team at that point. I moved to Tennessee around then so probably I would have just become a Predators fan had that happened. Preds are still my favorite west team and I do go to some of their games.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I think we're talking about different things, when the team was bankrupt in the late 90s they were right on the brink of leaving town, before Lemieux and his partners stepped in. That's what I erroneously assumed you were referring to.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

hell ya!!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Ruff to Buffalo confirmed:

https://x.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1782516123080048682

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Wow, in whatever timeline Elliotte lives in Ruff was still coaching the Sabres two years after war was beginning

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://x.com/buffalosabres/status/1782517265956573577?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

It’s real. Real-ly stupid!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Oh my lol and lmao

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
What are you doing Buffalo?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
What year is this?

Gotta be one of those one day contracts to retire with the team, right?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Forrest on Fire posted:

May I suggest the Detroit Red Wings, who are lovable losers (currently in the longest playoff drought of their 97-year history) that are probably not going to re-sign the rapist and the homophobe who were on the team this past season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
The Sabres will get the dead cat bounce for a season, make the playoffs, and then the fans will be cursing Ruff with every fiber of their being the following year.

But maybe maybe ending the playoff drought is worth it.