Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nigel really came prepared with a night full of weed jokes too

a sea weed diet, what you do is that you see weed and-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The HR Mandated Clamdigger Retraction was the best moment of the night imo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Finally got to the Yuka / Emi match, and my god Emi does an absolutely genius job of buying time and adjusting the match on the fly. It's one thing to be a good wrestler when things are going well, but to entirely retool a match like that was just an incredibly show of skill.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

The HR Mandated Clamdigger Retraction was the best moment of the night imo

This was really funny. Nigel is such a fun commentator.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Hopefully I'll be able to watch Zero Hour as I have a Pathfinder game earlier in the day but I don't see it eating into the time. I must see the Bang Bang Gang win all the gold.

Same, but I asked my DM to be done early and he was kind enough to agree since I always show up on time and bring him berries.

Although since he's vehemently not a fan of pro wrestling, according to my DM, I am not allowed to pattern my Bard after Orange Cassidy or my goblin Monk after PAC.

(jokes on him, my Bard's patterned after Kyle "lay down in the middle of a promo" O'Reilly)

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m very happy I’m going on a date and I’m glad that I’ve started to connect with someone but WHY DID I SAY I WAS FREE SUNDAY NIGHT?!?!?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m very happy I’m going on a date and I’m glad that I’ve started to connect with someone but WHY DID I SAY I WAS FREE SUNDAY NIGHT?!?!?

Make or break moment. Introduce them to wrestling. If they don't want to hoot and holler even just a little bit I'm afraid it won't work out :(

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Stroker Ace posted:

because you wanted to watch 5 hours of wrestling with them!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If Emi were champ we'd have amazing bangers every week. Ah well

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1781850160932495714?t=EXoroxY1qn3uLL4je6dqAA&s=19

man this promo rocked y'all weren't kidding

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CobiWann posted:

Same, but I asked my DM to be done early and he was kind enough to agree since I always show up on time and bring him berries.

Although since he's vehemently not a fan of pro wrestling, according to my DM, I am not allowed to pattern my Bard after Orange Cassidy or my goblin Monk after PAC.

(jokes on him, my Bard's patterned after Kyle "lay down in the middle of a promo" O'Reilly)

Both of you should just cast a distraction spell and give the DM the YouTube link and say that if the orc can't roll a 20 then it'll be forced to see zero hour in full

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CobiWann posted:

I am playing a college of swords bard modelled on Hikaru Shida and named after Yuka Sakazaki.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Toni Storm and Thunder Rosa are gonna kill each other :woop:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

My current alchemist's personality is more based on a combination of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo plus a general combo of a hippie/slightly-mad-scientist archetype, but looks-wise is absolutely based on Bryan Danielson when he had the really shaggy hair and full beard.

But my brother and I do have a duo we've run once or twice of a skald named Roddy and a half-orc barbarian named Macho Jr. (His father, Macho, was killed in battle) and one time we caused a distraction that let the rest of our party do an entire heist mission by running a classic carny strongman bit in front of the inn they were infiltrating :allears: Roddy is actually more based on Lou Albano than anyone but he has the Improvised Weapon feat and we've used that for some great shenanigans.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Once we played the World Wide Wrestling RPG and had a special stipulation food fight match that featured, among other things, sausage nunchucks, an atomic drop onto a pineapple and our fed getting banned from the venue for cracking open a durian

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a dumb moron posted:

Toni Storm and Thunder Rosa are gonna kill each other :woop:

Hopefully thunder doesn't get a case of jobitis today

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

doc sampson has the monumental task today of clearing both thunder and malakai to lay down on their “bad backs”

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is her back still messed up? If it is, it may not be a good idea to put the belt on her. Toni’s too over anyway.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

a dumb moron posted:

Is her back still messed up? If it is, it may not be a good idea to put the belt on her. Toni’s too over anyway.

Her back's still in bad shape, as far as I know. Someone a few pages back mentioned her considering back fusion surgery?

In any case, her iffy matches in this return run felt less like her being moody and more like her learning how to work with a bad back, so I'm confident that she's at least going to give her all in the title match.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

a dumb moron posted:

Her promo last week had a bit of a “I’m back to go out on my own terms” vibe, which would entail doing the job she never did a year and a half ago.

Also, Toni’s not dropping that belt until it’s time to kick the All About Eve angle with Mariah into its next phase.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Make or break moment. Introduce them to wrestling. If they don't want to hoot and holler even just a little bit I'm afraid it won't work out :(

We’re actually going to a local rap and wrestling show so I shouldn’t complain.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also, Toni’s not dropping that belt until it’s time to kick the All About Eve angle with Mariah into its next phase.

Yeah barring unfortunate injuries or whatever, I’m hoping it goes to Mariah. At All In, perhaps?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

CobiWann posted:

Your DM is missing out on a wealth of ready made npcs, especially on like Roll20 where you need an image. I ran a WOD campaign where Harley Race was vampire Prince of Georgia while his brothers (Terry Funk, Stan Hansen, and Sam Elliott who’s not a wrestler but really fills that gap there) try to stop him.

Such a time saver to just grab some bullet club guys, paint em with a vampire or werewolf template and send them out for fodder.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

a dumb moron posted:

Yeah barring unfortunate injuries or whatever, I’m hoping it goes to Mariah. At All In, perhaps?

The only other path I'd be okay with is Hayter regains it at All In, Toni has a losing feud with Mone for the TBS title, Mariah wins the TBS title around Full Gear, World's End Texas death match for the TBS title May vs Storm

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

a dumb moron posted:

I considered this but considered Rosa winning and Mariah “winning it back” pushing Toni even more over the edge

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MorningMoon posted:

The only other path I'd be okay with is Hayter regains it at All In, Toni has a losing feud with Mone for the TBS title, Mariah wins the TBS title around Full Gear, World's End Texas death match for the TBS title May vs Storm

I love Hayter but I have been completely won over by Mariah in such a short time. Don’t do this to me. :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

One hundred matches!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Matt hardy is in tna now :rip:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

did AEW fumble him?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

good riddance to bad rubbish

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lets put him in tna and classify himself as obsolete

obsolete

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
wait matt's gone but is jeff still around?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

did AEW fumble him?

No, they let his contract expire. Not wanting either Hardy in the ring shouldn’t be seen as a fumble at this point. Matt would be good as a manager or backstage guy but his best in-ring days are far behind him.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
It's my birthday and all I want is a Swerve win tonight so don't ruin this for me, TK

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

projecthalaxy posted:

One hundred matches!!

I am angry on the internet Hook v Jericho is on the main card and Jay White is on the preliminary.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Bunkhouse Brawl was potentially my match of the weekend. Cool wrestlers doing wicked things. Wild Thing on loop while crowd is going nuts! Bryan being a sicko choking people again. Nigel possibly referencing Bryan getting fired for choking?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

did AEW fumble him?

Pretty sure Matt staying would be attached with an ultimatum that he and Jeff to be featured more.

In which I would understand the response of "nah."

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I would think if Hayter is healthy your end goal for Toni's reign is Hayter/Storm at All In

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yesterday UBS Arena tweeted out the presale would start today and quickly deleted it. Seems like ticketmaster hosed up somehow because the presale is live with an old code AEWGEN5 working. Not sure if they have shut it down or it will just run until tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Matt is still a free agent, per F4W.