Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's funny you say that when a complaint last night was how the heels don't get enough big wins, mostly in the upper midcard. It's a tough balance!

That's true, and I also think they could book more underdog wins in the midcard without upsetting anything. I get that they think guys like Top Flight are still young enough to eat losses without it hurting too much, but they do have to win something meaningful at some point or the fans will stop caring. Same with Garcia and Komander and a few others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they just need to get a title on Will Ospreay ASAP and all will be forgiven

Roddy wins his defense, then on Dynamite Ospreay challenges for that week's collision. Roddy just gives him the belt and goes away.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

TK, if you're reading this, can we please get Ospreay vs. Claudio 2 as Will's first PPV defense?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

all i know is if swerve doesnt win im donezo

"oh think of the bigger pop hell get later"

nope. donezo. you cant keep pulling the rug tones

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's funny you say that when a complaint last night was how the heels don't get enough big wins, mostly in the upper midcard. It's a tough balance!

:wave:

That was me in reaction to Shane Taylor eating the pin. My reasoning behind that is STP has always felt like a joke to me because it's always a foregone conclusion they're there to job. Which is the position of too many heels right now.

I'll admit it's tough to book though when AEW fans are the type to turn a good heel face because they love their work.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I kinda wish Shane Taylor had won but the image of them demolishing OC after the match as Trent just watched was pretty great, too.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

A Fancy Hat posted:

I kinda wish Shane Taylor had won but the image of them demolishing OC after the match as Trent just watched was pretty great, too.

He'll take out anyone from preventing him from watching people beat up Orange.

Greg is a beat down voyeur pervert.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Obnoxious Bucks are the best Bucks. Matthew doing "commentary" while getting backdropped was funny.

Kyle should beat Roddy at the PPV and then the Undisputed Kingdom can kinda go away.

Jericho was starting to run thin and i was wanting him to take a break, but last night was maybe the turning point on his new character and now i'm interested.

I can't wait for the eventual Mariah May v. Hayter match.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Dango Bango posted:

:wave:

That was me in reaction to Shane Taylor eating the pin. My reasoning behind that is STP has always felt like a joke to me because it's always a foregone conclusion they're there to job. Which is the position of too many heels right now.

I'll admit it's tough to book though when AEW fans are the type to turn a good heel face because they love their work.

I'm definitely on your side. Not mad about it because the beatdown was good but I love Shane so much and want him to have a big win. STP is awesome, he should have won!!! Orange can eat it!! It's okay!

Though they did pin Shibata so that's nice.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

enigmahfc posted:

Obnoxious Bucks are the best Bucks. Matthew doing "commentary" while getting backdropped was funny.

I enjoyed that spot quite a bit. DG looked great last night.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

enigmahfc posted:

Matthew doing "commentary" while getting backdropped was funny.

"Put me down bud, we're good!"

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Roderick Strong should absolutely not go away. He's one of the best wrestlers on the roster. Doesn't mean as much when AEW has probably the most talented roster of all time, but nonetheless, Roddy is a fantastic wrestler and if anything I'd like to see more of him. Maybe he and Kylo can spinoff from the Kingdom and go on a dominant tag team run.

I just really like Roddy and people saying he should go away are wrong and bad :colbert:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Roddy vs Kylo is going to be a banger

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

apophenium posted:

Roderick Strong should absolutely not go away. He's one of the best wrestlers on the roster. Doesn't mean as much when AEW has probably the most talented roster of all time, but nonetheless, Roddy is a fantastic wrestler and if anything I'd like to see more of him. Maybe he and Kylo can spinoff from the Kingdom and go on a dominant tag team run.

I just really like Roddy and people saying he should go away are wrong and bad :colbert:

You're right and you should say it. He's really locked into a character that works for me, giving him some much-needed spice to his fantastic ring work. Also the glasses are funny. Big fan of his "Ned Flanders As He Appears In The Simpsons Wrestling" gimmick.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

Roddy vs Kylo is going to be a banger

yeah On NXT in 2014 :cawg:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Roddy vs Kyle is a match I don't really care that much about while also acknowledging it'll be really good. Two great wrestlers but I just don't connect with either of them.

That said, I used to feel the same way about Daniel Garcia so they can easily change my mind! 

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
what if roddy releases a shirt that features a bunch of hot babes screaming ADAAMMMM in front of a car?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Sisal Two-Step posted:

what if roddy releases a shirt that features a bunch of hot babes screaming ADAAMMMM in front of a car?

Yeah that'd probably do it for me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I loved Julia's transformation into a goblin. You could just feel her delight in cheating, and beating people up in the dark.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

Roddy vs Kyle is a match I don't really care that much about while also acknowledging it'll be really good. Two great wrestlers but I just don't connect with either of them.

That said, I used to feel the same way about Daniel Garcia so they can easily change my mind! 

I used to feel this way about Roderick Strong

I still do

I have been watching Roderick Strong for like 15 years now, waiting to actually find his personality interesting

I am still waiting, I have never really gotten behind Roddy, I only enjoy him when he is doing sick backbreakers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I used to feel this way about Roderick Strong

I still do

I have been watching Roderick Strong for like 15 years now, waiting to actually find his personality interesting

I am still waiting, I have never really gotten behind Roddy, I only enjoy him when he is doing sick backbreakers

he does amazing backbreakers. And now he looks like the most fit member of Weezer so I'm 100 percent bought in.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm very much with you on this, although I do care more about KOR given all he's been through adding to his character/gimmick/story.

Also, did I miss someone posting the quarter hours last week? What did THE TAPE do for the ratings? (Just curious - not trying to dive into ratings chat or re-debate if they should've aired it.)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roderick strong should be pronounced like rodeo drive

Shane taylor should have won (but trent enabling the beat down was good)

Swerve should win

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
As someone who hasn't watched Roddy before AEW, the one thing I know about his previous runs is that his current "weirdly intense nerd" character is the most convincing character work he's ever done. That character works for me, don't get me wrong, but it's a weird high water mark to have this late in his career and if I did watch that earlier work I probably would have written him off outside the ring by now.

(Also Shane Taylor should have won, even if the post-match beatdown was good. Shane Taylor feeling like the weak link of Shane Taylor Promotions is just weird.)

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Which young boy do we think Heel Jericho successfully convinces to sit beneath the learning tree after Hook murders him on Sunday? Maybe someone like a Lee Johnson?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

he does amazing backbreakers. And now he looks like the most fit member of Weezer so I'm 100 percent bought in.

LMFAO

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:swallows mouthful of doritos: No

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

I live in the US and have been buying AEW ppvs from Bleacher Report from the beginning. I can't keep up with the cost anymore with how many shows they do now. I was thinking of trying to VPN and ordering that way.

I know nothing about how to activate a VPN. Which ones are reliable. What additional devices I might need.

Would anyone be able to tell me in the most dumbed down way how to go about participating in that 3 ppv for $50 deal? I see it on Triller but it also might require AEW Plus?

The TV we watch on we have always used the BR app on Xbox. I can hook up a laptop to watch off of too. I don't have a roku or any other similar device, but don't mind getting one if that makes this easier. I dont believe my TV has any built in streaming apps. I've seen people mention casting from their phone and disabling the VPN once it starts? When I've seen people mention pick any address as billing/location in UK do I just go to Google maps and click somewhere and use that?

I use my internet providers router for wifi if that is relevant.

Thank you. I look forward to hooting and hollering at a price that keeps me watching.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Which young boy do we think Heel Jericho successfully convinces to sit beneath the learning tree after Hook murders him on Sunday? Maybe someone like a Lee Johnson?

I liked the suggestion of Andretti, he's got a doofy enough energy about him that he could make for a good Sammy II

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
jerichos new gimmick of being the locker room persona c* p**k projected himself to be is great

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

jerichos new gimmick of being the locker room persona c* p**k projected himself to be is great

gently caress lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Danhausen becomes Jericho's #1 Fanhausen. It'd play off the Hookhausen stuff nicely and I know he and Jericho have done a lot of stuff together before on the Jericho cruise.

The only downside is I don't know if Danhausen is an actual weird CM Punk fanboy or if he's just been playing that up online for some reason. If it's the latter, perfect. If it's the former, I dunno if he'd be willing to poke fun at himself like that.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Danhausen becomes Jericho's #1 Fanhausen. It'd play off the Hookhausen stuff nicely and I know he and Jericho have done a lot of stuff together before on the Jericho cruise.

The only downside is I don't know if Danhausen is an actual weird CM Punk fanboy or if he's just been playing that up online for some reason. If it's the latter, perfect. If it's the former, I dunno if he'd be willing to poke fun at himself like that.

He seems ride-or-die for realsies, but I don't know how much of that is just because Punk bought some comic books for him.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don’t really need to see danhausen anymore

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Blankspot posted:

I live in the US and have been buying AEW ppvs from Bleacher Report from the beginning. I can't keep up with the cost anymore with how many shows they do now. I was thinking of trying to VPN and ordering that way.

I know nothing about how to activate a VPN. Which ones are reliable. What additional devices I might need.

Would anyone be able to tell me in the most dumbed down way how to go about participating in that 3 ppv for $50 deal? I see it on Triller but it also might require AEW Plus?

The TV we watch on we have always used the BR app on Xbox. I can hook up a laptop to watch off of too. I don't have a roku or any other similar device, but don't mind getting one if that makes this easier. I dont believe my TV has any built in streaming apps. I've seen people mention casting from their phone and disabling the VPN once it starts? When I've seen people mention pick any address as billing/location in UK do I just go to Google maps and click somewhere and use that?

Thank you. I look forward to hooting and hollering at a price that keeps me watching.

I use ExpressVPN as my VPN. It has apps for mobile devices, Google TV, Fire Sticks, or can be used on a computer no problem. It's a program you download and click a button to activate when you want.

Basically I had a US Fite account already. I set my VPN to the UK, opened up the Fite website, and was able to subscribe to AEW Plus, and it let me pay in dollars and everything. I don't think you need AEW Plus for the PPV rates but it does get you the non-commercial weekly shows. I can turn on ExpressVPN on my phone and buy the PPV bundle through the Triller app or watch that way, though weekly I have a Chromecast with Google TV and I have the VPN and Triller apps both installed there so it's a simple case of turning on the VPN and going to Triller to watch.

So...get a VPN, set it to the UK, log into your existing Triller account, and the bundles and monthly sub options should just pop up, and you can pay using Google Pay or whatever stored payment method you have. Pretty easy.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

gently caress lol

Honestly, I've done a bit of a 180 on Jericho in kayfabe over the past couple of weeks and whenever I see people realise he's doing a Punk "Why don't these lazy, stuck-up kids accept my unsolicited advice!?" bit it's always a joy.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I can't get over how funny the phrase "breathe in the rarefied air of Jericho" is

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Blankspot posted:

Apple TV has native VPN apps now, it’s super simple. Launch vpn app and connect, then launch triller and it’s all there. You can even buy in app from your tv using the card in your iCloud account.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I can't get over how funny the phrase "breathe in the rarefied air of Jericho" is

I saw the news earlier this week that he'd trademarked this, along with the other stuff like Jericho Vortex. I assumed he was just being careful and securing every option just incase, and then the absolute lunatic dropped all 3 of them in one segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I use ExpressVPN as my VPN. It has apps for mobile devices, Google TV, Fire Sticks, or can be used on a computer no problem. It's a program you download and click a button to activate when you want.

should a guide be added to the stickied aew intro thread ?