Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not a hope in hell bryan lets ospreay lose!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

loving salivating at the idea of Ospreay/Okada at Wembley

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Tony, for the love of god. We have a PPV on Sunday :psyduck:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1781057043995980019?s=46

:getin:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's so weird they have all these random 6 mans that have zero relation to the TWO sets of trios titles they have.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That's true. Hopefully when BCG unifies them we can right the ship.

Just remembered RVD is going to be back for this show. Hell yes.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's so weird they have all these random 6 mans that have zero relation to the TWO sets of trios titles they have.

on the other hand, don't let action andretti anywhere near a title program

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris Jericho's Perfect Parables™

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

neoaxd posted:

on the other hand, don't let action andretti anywhere near a title program

topper flight is good, including Funny Drinksman

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

On the plus side, building up trios teams means that when those titles are competitive again there will be people who are already established competing for them.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

He gave a clear, unequivocal statement of support and then immediately underminded it. Don't make such a statement if you aren't willing to back it up. The OSAC or whatever their acronym made a bigoted statement towards one of his talents, either tell them to piss up a rope and you'll use who you want when running a show in their state, or you'll take your business elsewhere if that's how they feel.

Would you consider that it might be possible he is not sure which of these two options is preferable going forward? Which one Rose and others might prefer? That it might be worth taking some time to decide the optimal action?

If there were only one good choice then sure he should go ahead and commit to that. But you've already shown two equally valid paths.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that's too many paperviews

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

papervues are when AEW is at its best so I'm fine with there being more

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's time. I'm giving this whole AEW Plus thing a try.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yer gonna have a great time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Pinwiz11 posted:

The shows are so much better. I can't even shout this from the mountaintops loud enough

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinwiz11 posted:

The commercial-free life is a beautiful thing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'M REWATCHING OSPREAY V CLAUDIO RIGHT NOW THIS RULES

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation

Pinwiz11 posted:

Welcome home brother!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Taz: Didn't [Mox] split your skull open?
Tony: Just look at his forehead.
Taz: Thanks Tony.
Tony: You're welcome Taz.

Edit: Ospreay's counter out of the giant swing was sick

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 18, 2024

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The ratings for last night are bad, really bad. How much of an impact is AEW+ really having on their numbers in the US?

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Eh, it's not that random considering it's a tune-up match for the eddie-briscoe-cope vs. house of black match on the PPV.

They also tend to subscribe to the NJPW style of "let's have the feuding people do six-mans against each other so they can jawjack for a while and rack up some wins" - the elite vs penta-garcia-pac match from last night was that. Turns out having a wacky multiman where no one person needs to do too much is a good way to get TV time and ring time without effort or stakes.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Kvantum posted:

The ratings for last night are bad, really bad. How much of an impact is AEW+ really having on their numbers in the US?

slim to none unless a bunch of nielson households are watching it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kvantum posted:

They're not bad.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Kvantum posted:

any idea where it ranked for the night? it was up against pretty stiff competition with two nba play-in games last night, including one that tipped off at 7 pm and came down to the final second.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

post hole digger posted:

any idea where it ranked for the night? it was up against pretty stiff competition with two nba play-in games last night, including one that tipped off at 7 pm and came down to the final second.

It beat everything that wasn't NBA.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm so happy for you. And now you get to enjoy the commercial-free commentary. :hai:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

speaking of number, do we have any recent number including dvr?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kvantum posted:

30000000 people are sharing one AEW+ account 😔

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I really feel for the AEWarriors when they see these ratings. I experienced the same sense of inevitable doom knowing I was the only one buying and drinking amo zero watermelon.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I really feel for the AEWarriors when they see these ratings. I experienced the same sense of inevitable doom knowing I was the only one buying and drinking amo zero watermelon.

thank you for your sympathy. we all really need support at times like this.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They’re going to lose viewers when they do women’s angles for a bit, until they build the division which they’re doing. Seems like they lost the most people due to the shittiest lead in imaginable and the mixed tag turning people off. It picked back up some for Ospreay and Claudio.

It would be cool to see them hit a million again but that’s probably a ways off. They should just be patient and build Ospreay, Swerve, Takeshita, bring MJF back and actually have Mone wrestle

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

guess the one-week ratings pop from the brawl in footage was for nothing huh?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it built Excitement and Intrigue for the tag title match on Sunday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
I don't give a crap about the ratings. That was a great show. And ratings being good or bad didn't make it suddenly a bad show.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1781015359413457132

the angelic diablo has spoken

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They're up .03 since the last episode before they aired the footage.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 18, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Great article! So many good memories here, some I was even a regular watcher for. :unsmith:

I really am so glad we got Punk coming out to Miseria Cantare for that dog collar match. I nearly fainted watching it happen. Magical stuff.

In hindsight, I'm glad JR talked all over the entrance :colbert:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The Nielson ratings need to retire. The feeling ratings are through the roof.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Last night had two NBA games, one was a one-point nail biter and then other not so much but they're both play-in tournament games that got a lot of eyes and Dynamite did very well so for me compared to that, number was good and feelings still good :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

I think we need a third swing at this

it's easy to hold a camera

It might be better if they didn’t force wrestlers to do camera work. DONT THINk WE DONT RECOGNISE YOU CLAUDIO!!!

Kvantum posted:

Is it time … to wrap it up?

Makes you guys feel any better I’m doing my part. Watching on FITE and TSN. Not my fault nobody cares about Canadialand. At least I’m not in Oklahoma. I kid to all my cousins in Oklahoma but seriously… Oklahoma sucks.