Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

people who enjoy aew dont care about the ratings. People who like aew most the time but find things they dont like and want to discuss don't really care about ratings - they wanna talk about their critiques. And those who don't like aew don't really care about the ratings - they'll just talk about how they were bad regardless no matter what they are. Ratings talk is pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kvantum posted:

The ratings for last night are bad, really bad. How much of an impact is AEW+ really having on their numbers in the US?

What are you talking about a .26 is perfectly fine against the Playoffs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

weong thread

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1780998745007812654

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wow that is very impressive

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
could someone post the young bucks drawing for my spouse

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

where’s my cut tony u lil bitch

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

could someone post the young bucks drawing

hasn’t happened yet and i wouldn’t get my hopes up

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lmao

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

MassRafTer posted:

What are you talking about a .26 is perfectly fine against the Playoffs.

Ratings are either terrible or great, but we won't know until we open the WBD renewal envelope. Schrodinger's Nielsen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I hope the trios titles and the Acclaimed are banished to ROH and Jay White is freed. Make the AEW tag division elite once again.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I care about ratings because I want my favorite territory to prosper and earn a great new tv deal but I also put them in context.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a dumb moron posted:

I care about ratings because I want my favorite territory to prosper and earn a great new tv deal but I also put them in context.

Good news this week then!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Raeg posted:

Ratings are either terrible or great, but we won't know until we open the WBD renewal envelope. Schrodinger's Nielsen

having a show that is always in the top 5 of the cable ratings every week, especially when its head to head with the #1 show on network tv today is in fact very impressive even if its only doing a .25. the fact that nobody else is breaching that number besides Vanderpump Rules and news coverage tells the story of TV as a whole.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

STING 64 posted:

having a show that is always in the top 5 of the cable ratings every week, especially when its head to head with the #1 show on network tv today is in fact very impressive even if its only doing a .25. the fact that nobody else is breaching that number besides Vanderpump Rules and news coverage tells the story of TV as a whole.

I do miss the weekly ratings chart if only to track Dynamite's feud with the variety of Real Housewives.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

could someone post the young bucks drawing for my spouse

the one showing the difference between matt and nick ?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

Good news this week then!

Indeed. Beating everything in the demo but the NBA is consistent with their usual position.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

graph posted:

the one showing the difference between matt and nick ?

yeah, but the line drawing one and not the cow eyes one

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Forbes didn't get the memo on AEW's ratings?!?!

The grifting has begun.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Forbes is so drat full of Fake News :chaostrump:

Kenny Omega was fired several weeks ago.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Forbes didn't get the memo on AEW's ratings?!?!

The grifting has begun.

fortunately for me, the Hardys were ALways Bad.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

What is a casual fan? There are no casual viewers anymore. Tv is compartmentalized and people watch whatever they want whenever they wanna. This is so loving stupid.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
so are the people he's trying to appeal to so it works out fine

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
While I have yet to watch a disappointing AEW pape, my friends and I are usually totally exhausted by the end of the night. A week ago Dynasty felt like one of the best AEW cards on paper, now it seems bloated again. They don't tend to frontload their shows, so most of the star-studded matches take place near the end of the evening, which can be a real pacing issue as well.

This sunday will kick off a period in which there's one pape every 5-6 weeks, so there's no need to include every available big name. 'Less is more', Tony!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jeroen posted:

While I have yet to watch a disappointing AEW pape, my friends and I are usually totally exhausted by the end of the night. A week ago Dynasty felt like one of the best AEW cards on paper, now it seems bloated again. They don't tend to frontload their shows, so most of the star-studded matches take place near the end of the evening, which can be a real pacing issue as well.

This sunday will kick off a period in which there's one pape every 5-6 weeks, so there's no need to include every available big name. 'Less is more', Tony!

More is more, less is less.

I don't think this PPV is particularly loaded with big matches, it's just a great card.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

He’s right about leaving Punk in the past though.

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch a Chris Jericho match at 5AM in the year of our lord 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
No. Seems like a good time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jeroen posted:

Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch a Chris Jericho match at 5AM in the year of our lord 2024

It'll probably go on 2nd on a 9 match main card and go 8 minutes you will be fine.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Clearly some of y'all never watch crazy 6-7 hour long wrestling events from Japan (with an intermission, granted)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jeroen posted:

no

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I can't believe aew is dying :(

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the european wants us to consider their woated timezone, lol lmao COME ON

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

a dumb moron posted:

What is a casual fan?

For these conversations, a white guy in his 40s through early 50s who remembers the Attitude Era.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

shiksa posted:

I can't believe aew is dying :(

I heard Tony is going to The Fed because he was so sad that his numbers weren't good numbers

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
Ratings are fine for a wrestling show on wednesday. Once the new TV deal drops people will move their goalposts again.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Kenny Omega was fired several weeks ago.

Kenny was only fired from The Elite, please watch the product.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

For these conversations, a white guy in his 40s through early 50s who remembers the Attitude Era.

Oh poo poo I’m a casual

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
The casual fan is such a casual fan that they care about backstage issues and Punk drama, enough to not want to watch AEW because Punk is an innocent man who totally didn't start any of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Punk footage done two things, popped a lil number, make Jack Perry look like a star at a New Japan show in Chicago.