Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Raeg posted:

Punk footage done two things, popped a lil number, make Jack Perry look like a star at a New Japan show in Chicago.

that poo poo owned lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jack Perry is cooler because Tony showed that footage so I'm all for it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the best part of his intro was the little wink after he had turned around after revealing the back of the jacket

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
If Matt Hardy had his way, we would have never got that magical moment!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Matt Hardy is old now and out of good ideas so now he's just another attitude era wrestler angry that aew exists.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wow this thread is really gonna turn on matt hardy and pretend he wasn’t producing gold these last few years????

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wow this thread is really gonna turn on matt hardy and pretend he wasn’t producing gold these last few years????

Name 16 things he's done that were good!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He is sadly now victim to the Always Bad curse, but I'll never forget that time he tried to get Hangman sign a contract and got switcherooed!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Raeg posted:

He is sadly now victim to the Always Bad curse, but I'll never forget that time he tried to get Hangman sign a contract and got switcherooed!

Sorry that was Alway Bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The casual fan is such a casual fan that they care about backstage issues and Punk drama, enough to not want to watch AEW because Punk is an innocent man who totally didn't start any of this poo poo.

listening to ~10 hours a week of bully ray/russo/cornette podcasts, castually

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i liked the big money matt run

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

shiksa posted:

listening to ~10 hours a week of bully ray/russo/cornette podcasts, castually

The casual fan listens to Eric Bischoff's business podcast

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You know what a casual might actually do? Read TV Guide magazine, who knows what is true and what is Taven

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

graph posted:

i liked the big money matt run

Big Money Matt was an incredibly fun character and I wish he'd stuck with that instead of this depressing tag run with his equally cooked brother.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

luchadornado posted:

Name 16 things he's done that were good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKF7AcYQH_w

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Matt was pretty great at reinventing himself for awhile, like V1 (in the beginning at least), big money Matt in ROH and of course broken Matt. He’s been out of gas for awhile but I don’t blame him for that; the Hardys reunion that flamed out kinda stalled him there for a bit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have fond memories of Matt in the Falls Count Anywhere and Stadium Stampede matches 4 years ago, the Christian matches that were really good despite him being immobile and that Bucks/Hardys match from DON 2022. The last Hardy Compound match was funny and some of his backstage skits are funny. I do think it says a lot about today's fans and today's journalists that his view that AEW's backstage drama detracts more than WWE's backstage drama is probably one that would win a poll if you asked random fans on X Dot Com (formerly Twitter).

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

I have fond memories of Matt in the Falls Count Anywhere and Stadium Stampede matches 4 years ago, the Christian matches that were really good despite him being immobile and that Bucks/Hardys match from DON 2022. The last Hardy Compound match was funny and some of his backstage skits are funny. I do think it says a lot about today's fans and today's journalists that his view that AEW's backstage drama detracts more than WWE's backstage drama is probably one that would win a poll if you asked random fans on X Dot Com (formerly Twitter).

You can also pretty much credit him for modern cinematic matches really. The idea is pretty dead now that no one cares about covid anymore but he should probably get a lions share of the credit for them being a thing in the first place.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a dumb moron posted:

You can also pretty much credit him for modern cinematic matches really. The idea is pretty dead now that no one cares about covid anymore but he should probably get a lions share of the credit for them being a thing in the first place.

I am aware that Matt has his downsides as well.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Matt Hardy getting dunked in a pool and coming up as a new version of himself every time was top tier entertainment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Grem posted:

Matt Hardy getting dunked in a pool and coming up as a new version of himself every time was top tier entertainment

was my first exposure to that as well

also ortiz getting his bell rung and selling it the next three weeks

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1781170774612603185

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1781173299566743997

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

thank you tony

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Stroker Ace posted:

He’s right about leaving Punk in the past though.

They should sign off at the end of every episode of Dynamite with the phrase "Furthermore, I consider that CM Punk must be destroyed".

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

drat Tony, how much of my weekend will you take from me? (Love you Tony)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Really liking the elimination 4 way Tony appears to be on, perfect stip for a show like rampage.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1781173299566743997

Tired of these attention getting ratings stunts

Hooting and other such things

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tony I do want to look at Nyla put her on TV

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:sickos:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/ElDesperado5/status/1781192741420167216

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really want Desperado to get a big match on Forbidden Door. Not just because he rules but for his work on Japanese commentary.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

projecthalaxy posted:

You know what a casual might actually do? Read TV Guide magazine, who knows what is true and what is Taven

where the gently caress do you find tv guide magazine

they cant eliminate RVD on 4-20 theres no way

Two Beans posted:

They should sign off at the end of every episode of Dynamite with the phrase "Furthermore, I consider that CM Punk must be destroyed".

the alliance to end pepsimania

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

this says a lot about wrestling society on x

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hope to see yuka on dynamite one more time before retirement. all kidding aside, hope to see yuka on ppv one more time before retirement

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Pylons posted:

I really want Desperado to get a big match on Forbidden Door. Not just because he rules but for his work on Japanese commentary.

Gimme Despy/Kasai in some sort of sicko blood tag match please @tony

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cavauro posted:

hope to see yuka on dynamite one more time before retirement. all kidding aside, hope to see yuka on ppv one more time before retirement

You're retiring?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
loving twitter. I see this headline on my sidebar

quote:

AEW Dynamite ratings drop to 762,000; CM Punk absence felt

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Stall_19 posted:

loving twitter. I see this headline on my sidebar

Wrestling media is so dire lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Well, Rampage looks can't-miss. We're gonna have so much good wrestling to enjoy this weekend!