Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Whoolighams posted:

I personally get annoyed anytime the Lucha Bros, either solo or tag, lose anytime ever. not sarcasm.

Same. Penta always gets matches against top guys and never gets to win. Then he gets to Rampage and wins against guys like Action Andretti or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've seen Penta be world champ in LU and TNA so at least I got that. But I would love to see it in AEW. I think he could be a great world champ

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tony sees Lucha Bros as a top tag act but doesn't see Penta as a top singles guy.
The fact that everybody has a favorite "this guy needs to be belted up" guy among the midcard/upper midcard speaks volumes for AEW's depth.
For my money I think the top guys of AEW are so good that it doesn't feel like there's anybody underneath who would be better suited for the role.
Like, I'm not having Penta beat Ospreay. Or Danielson. Or Mox. Or Swerve. Maybe Copeland or Joe. Definitely Roddy. Roddy shouldn't be champion if he's gonna be shoved in a locker and relegated to Rampage. Tony really seems to want the Roddy v Kylo program for a title but doesn't want any of them even beating the guys who lose to the guys who are being pushed.

Shard posted:

I've seen Penta be world champ in LU and TNA so at least I got that. But I would love to see it in AEW. I think he could be a great world champ

I think the problem is that Tony clearly wants guys who can go out and cut a promo in front of a live English speaking audience to be his world champion(s). I know peoples mileage varies on this topic but I'm personally with Tony on this one. Swerve is the worst talker in the bunch (assuming he becomes world champion, which feels like a foregone conclusion) which is still a pretty high bar.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 19, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shard posted:

I think it's pretty cool Penta and Fenix are running a show in the Temple later this year.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Every Undisputed Kingdom guy is rear end to me, flush the group to ROH

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eat My Fuc posted:

Every Undisputed Kingdom guy is rear end to me, flush the group to ROH

Agreed. Roddy might be good in the ring but I don't think he cracks the Top 15 AEW guys. Cole might (we often forget how fun he is before he gets overexposed and we get sick of him) but his bones are made of glass and durability counts.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Tbh Cole is probably the worst among Undisputed Kingdom when it comes to in-ring action.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Matt Taven is the best member of the Undisputed Kingdom and however you feel about that statement you know it's true

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I like Adam Cole and it’s unfortunate he has completely lost all his momentum because of a freak accident.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Tbh Cole is probably the worst among Undisputed Kingdom when it comes to in-ring action.

Citation needed, and I only accept examples within the last six months. :smug:

But yeah, Undisputed Kingdom's pretty good but I see them as top of ROH, not a protected group centered around the International. Penta with like PAC and Komander in the exact same position (Fenix is also doing Adam Cole's stuff, only instead of dumb heel storytimes he's in that mansion telling his children about, idk, the history of the masks) would get me so much more excited each week.

I was having some thoughts the other day about Penta and others in videogames. I think what you do is start with The Elite+Toni in Fortnite, then a pack with Jericho because he's popular,, Death Triangle+Thunder Rosa, BCC+Willow or Nyla, and so on every half year. Penta as DLC in Mortal Kombat 1, if we're greedy we get Fenix as well. Jericho in Multiversus since they wouldn't have to speed up his motion tracking anymore. Kenny in Street Fighter 6. And finally in Judgment 3 there should be a clone of the GBA Medabots games and 12 AEW stars are teh cast for that 10-hour campaign within the game.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Roddy and MATT TAVEN are good

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tony i love you

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Was wondering where Emi’s been

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

a dumb moron posted:

Was wondering where Emi’s been

spent a few months back in japan, doing stuff in chocopro like chopping people or writing lyrics for Mei's new song
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1780636121036177488

she came back on the 14th and did a GCW
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1780244472099487973

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

Penta should be the playable character in a game. When you upgrade him he changes colors.

Fight Forever?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wow, Emi and Mei are anagrams.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/trevordame/status/1781319405848183229

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

are they gonna steal my identity

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

are they gonna steal my identity

What's there to steal?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

apophenium posted:

What's there to steal?

my avatar

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:hehe:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Big Blue Guy was the platonic ideal of a fan

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hawt!

Kurash
May 12, 2008

rantmo posted:

Penta should be World champion, Fenix should get the International back, Pac gets the Continental, Triangulo de la Muerte takes the Trios belts and also the Lucha Bros are the tag champs.

hell,

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Got me the prince nana button up because I didnt learn from the acclaimed basketball jersey event.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the person doing the poll is a little kid it looks like? kind of weird. i would avoid it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
#EmiforWembley psychosis season is about start again
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1781365181164957755

#EmiSakuraAssassinationSquad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

emi is going to fight saraya backstage at all in this year

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

fez_machine posted:

#EmiforWembley psychosis season is about start again
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1781365181164957755

#EmiSakuraAssassinationSquad

and the crowd goes mild

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If it gets Mei Suruga back on TV I'm all for it :colbert:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I hope Emi doesn’t get to wrestle at Wembley

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

We know

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Hefty Leftist posted: