Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I enjoyed tonight and thought they set up the pape pretty well, though I feel like the company as a whole is too much of a heel promotion at the moment. The 6-man and the main event whipped rear end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Majinfoose posted:

HEEL PROMOTION!? Let me tell you about the evils perpetrated by WWE :smug:

I don't mean in real life, just that heels have most of the momentum in the promotion currently and we're getting too close to the babyfaces being dweebs with no/few friends. I get that heels need to have heat, but I kinda prefer early AEW booking where that wasn't the central focus of the booking.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's funny you say that when a complaint last night was how the heels don't get enough big wins, mostly in the upper midcard. It's a tough balance!

That's true, and I also think they could book more underdog wins in the midcard without upsetting anything. I get that they think guys like Top Flight are still young enough to eat losses without it hurting too much, but they do have to win something meaningful at some point or the fans will stop caring. Same with Garcia and Komander and a few others.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Generico posted:

The story should absolutely be that Orange Cassidy goes back to being fully listless and sleepy because his friends were what was keeping him motivated all this time. He could totally eat a pinfall from Shane Taylor as a part of that story. Then when he finds a new source of motivation he can make a comeback. If anyone can go through a brief losing streak without permanently losing his heat, it's OC.

Eh, I don't think Orange should lose to Shane unless they have actual plans for Shane beyond "midcard heel who spins his wheels TV every week for months" like the Hardy Family and Planet Jarrett were. I do like the return to listlessness because he doesn't have friends or a title, though.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

This reminds me of the time OC disguised himself as a cameraman to mess with Jericho and was actually filming for live broadcast.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

a dumb moron posted:

What is a casual fan?

For these conversations, a white guy in his 40s through early 50s who remembers the Attitude Era.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

graph posted:

i liked the big money matt run

Big Money Matt was an incredibly fun character and I wish he'd stuck with that instead of this depressing tag run with his equally cooked brother.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

graph posted:

i hope those come with the good sauce and not the bad ones

I hope they don't tip his car over.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think it works fine with Trent being pissed that OC lost the belt after giving shots to everyone but him and now he’s lashing out about it.

Didn't Trent get like two shots at the International title?

I'm fine with them feuding because unlike the UE it's something the crowd actually cares about, but this should really be OC's last midcard feud and a vehicle to give both guys more to do.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I feel like Nyla and Stokely would have compatible weird Twitter goblin energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it really seems like Matt and Jeff wanted a gold watch belt run, but unfortunately for them the tag division is possibly the most stacked of any in history, Matt is washed, and Jeff is a perennial fuckup who looks like he wants to die after every single spot.

Yeah, like nostalgia is fine I guess but watching those two hobble around the ring was depressing.