Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I am too dumb to mine iron. How does it work? I get only like 1 or 2 ore per month, most of it is dirt and rock instead.

What do the red bars even mean?

Do I need to dig up or down or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Thanks, this helps. Situation was getting a bit bad without iron & construction materials. Next I need to figure out how to get more diesel, and how to do crop rotation.. and level some ground for more farms maybe. So much stuff in this game!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How do you feed 3 mats to an assembler? Some kind of balancer/sorter setup?

E: or just a 3 level belt setup?

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 28, 2024

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How does a bus work, when 1 belt can provide items only for two buildings?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does it work to put light and heavy oil to same pipe and burn them in the same gas burner? Or do I need separate types of burners and pipes for different oils?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Alkydere posted:

It's honestly easier, and safer, just to use two burners.

Or better yet: two gas boilers if you have them unlocked. Put that excess to use as you burn it off. Likewise: cargo ships can take heavy oil as fuel. Produces a massive pile of pollution but, as said, it's putting something you'd be burning off to use if you don't have the more advanced oil techs.

Problem is that the gas burner produces twice the amount of steam compared to a coal version. I'd want to produce some extra electricity instead of flaring the excess. Two gas burners which barely run at all do not sound very efficient.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I tried this, and it seems to work reasonably well. The fuels mix in the junction just before the boiler.

I still need to somehow increase my fuel usage. Perhaps I should burn excess diesel to electricity..

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

For now it seems to be enough to burn excess diesel off in diesel generators. I am fiddling with this because steel and iron production use so much coal I don't want to burn it for energy.

Anyways, found out you can do uncapped FPS in game, but have adaptive (half refresh rate) vsync in nvidia control panel. That way game renders at 60fps on my 120hz screen, doesn't have tearing. 120hz is excess to render at 4K for a game like this.#

E:

Can vehicle barriers be drawn in a line?

Is there some way to not deselect current build item after placing one?

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 3, 2024

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does overproduction of steam go to waste? If I add a boiler next to paper mill, and process requires 1,5 steam, while boiler produces 48. Does the 46,5 steam go to waste each minute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Cool. It’s easier to have an onsite boiler than to bus it from god knows where.