Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Ripe papaya is good as gently caress, maybe OP's only had green-picked imported papaya, that stuff is kinda gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

nothing like a hot dog and a papaya drink while you watch an adult dvd

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

papaya and guava taste like nothing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bossy lady posted:

best images

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Devils Affricate posted:

Papayas suck, pears suck, you suck, I suck

it's a livin'!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
went to the grocery store yesterday and had a little meander around the papaya section. told my kids we're never buying a single papaya. we're not a papaya family.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Papaya tastes bad. But, if you squeeze some lime juice over it, it tastes ok. Not as good as other fruits but fine

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Now that you mention it OP I'm pretty sure I've never tried a papaya. I'm not really in any hurry to either.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not saying papaya is as good as mango, but it's good if you time it right. It needs to be very ripe. The trick is that you have to let it sit until starting to appear almost moldy on the outside and super soft in many areas. It will look like it's gone bad. BUT, if you cut it up then, it's super sweet and juicy.

A lot of people cut into some under ripe papaya and it tastes like nothing.

When I lived in the Caribbean I'd always have a papaya or two ripening on the counter, often to cut up with fresh mango or add to a fruit smoothie. God I miss those days.

I once bought a papaya bigger than my head.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

If it's truly ripe and soft, you can just scoop it out with a spoon like soft ice cream. No need to cut. But at that point the rind will be falling apart.

Thesaurus fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 22, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I've been getting into dragonfruit this year, its real good. Kinda like kiwi, but generally sweeter and without the tartness. I like kiwi too though.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Thesaurus posted:

If it's truly ripe and soft, you can just scoop it out with a spoon like soft ice cream. No need to cut. But at that point the rind will be falling apart.

It's so good. I ate half an enormous papaya in Mexico when I was a kid, and the horrid diarrhea that followed was worth it.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Elviscat posted:

It's so good. I ate half an enormous papaya in Mexico when I was a kid, and the horrid diarrhea that followed was worth it.

Next time save the seeds. The seeds actually possess anti parasite properties. I think you dry them and grind them up?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17472487/

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

If bananas weren't so cheap and practical I wouldn't buy them either. They taste bad.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

bananas are the dumbest loss leader item too

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Plantains are superior to bananas.

You can fry them when ripe for a sweet desert.

Chop, fry, smash, and fry again for delicious french fry chips (tostones)

peel, boil, and mash them while very green to make a dish not unlike mashed potatoes (mangú, a breakfast item in the Dominican Republic). You can do this with very green bananas too

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

bananas were made by god to put in your rear end hole

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

god forgot the flared base then

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bananas are good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I had way too much guava in Cuba and I have grown to despise that loathsome bland pulpy rear end fruit

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

just had a delicious Envy™ Apple: The Ultimate Apple Experience™.

not a prank fruit

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

my son always wants to get those really expensive apples that are only in season for like a week and i don't have the heart to tell him apples are a garbage tier fruit

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm waiting for someone to describe a fruit as "too spicy" cause lot of y'all really showing your whole rear end here lmao

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

R.L. Stine posted:

my son always wants to get those really expensive apples that are only in season for like a week and i don't have the heart to tell him apples are a garbage tier fruit

Apple juice is good as gently caress, though

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's okay, not terrible but nothing to write home about. dece in a topical fruit salad, but I wouldn't just eat it on its own. Solid 6/10 I would say

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Let's just cut to the chase and talk about the best fruit which is pineapple that is ∞+1/10

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Papaya’s the one that dissolves meat, right? I am made of meat. I ain’t touching that thing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Nooner posted:

Let's just cut to the chase and talk about the best fruit which is pineapple that is ∞+1/10
Pineapple Corer Owners Association represent

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

bossy lady posted:

that's my first thought too

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Guava ice cream is really good. So is mamey

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

wesleywillis posted:

Apple juice is good as gently caress, though

Spiced apple cider in the middle of winter is :kiss:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If I had a papaya right now I'd loving flip right the gently caress out

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Breaking windows. Screeching as loud as I can. The whole bit.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Breaking windows. Screeching as loud as I can. The whole bit.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Is Papaya the tropical fruit which works in reverse of usual fruits, in that you eat only the seeds but if you eat the flesh you get sick and maybe die? Or is that some other fruit?

Pls answer quickly before a goon ends up in hospital.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

BigBadSteve posted:

Is Papaya the tropical fruit which works in reverse of usual fruits, in that you eat only the seeds but if you eat the flesh you get sick and maybe die? Or is that some other fruit?

Pls answer quickly before a goon ends up in hospital.

I think you're thinking of ackee, but its the other way around. You can't eat the seeds, rind, or unripe flesh.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

you all are forgetting about the most important fruit. Mangosteen, the fruit of the Goon.

naem
May 29, 2011

are papayas or guavas the ones that make you poop healthy

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

u can still eat it if its not healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

numberoneposter posted:

just had a delicious Envy™ Apple: The Ultimate Apple Experience™.

not a prank fruit

I tried one of these because it's pretty high on the list by the guy who ranks apples. It was like eating a mildly apple flavored rock.