Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's Sunday and you know what that means! Tonight sees the debut of the inaugural Dynasty pape, and it is jammed packed with awesome* matches from start to finish! And for almost the first time, it's available to buy on a variety of platforms in the US!**

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1782046632756027726

For the AEW World Championship: Samoa Joe vs Swerve Strickland

World Champion Samoa Joe has been dominant with this title just as he's been with all of his previous titles***. Meanwhile, Strickland is still looking to win his first singles title in AEW. Is Joe correct about Strickland being a choke artist? Or will tonight finally Swerve finally bring gold to his house?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1780234698775576936

In the Battle of the GOATS: "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs "The Aerial Assassin" Will Ospreay

In the final year of Danielson's run as a full time wrestler****, tonight he takes on the hottest star in AEW right now, Will Ospreay! A win for either would be legendary, it all comes down to who possesses the greater intestinal fortitude.*****

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1781450200743018863

For the AEW Women's World Championship: "Timeless" Toni Storm vs Thunder Rosa

Thunder Rosa has made her triumphant return, and she wants to regain the title she was never defeated for. But Toni Storm is in the midst of a iconic run with the title. Who will walk out with the gold?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1780936821058482521

For the vacant AEW World Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks vs FTR in a Ladder Match

The two greatest tag teams all of time go at it two and two for just the fourth time in their careers. FTR currently lead the series 2-1, and just like all their previous matches, this one is for the titles. But this is a ladder match, and that's the Bucks specialty. Can the Bucks tie the series, or will FTR prove once and for all that they're the better team?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1780597092005662844

For the AEW Continental Championship: "The Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs "The Bastard" PAC

In another dream match,****** Okada defends his newly won Continental Title against PAC. PAC may be "The Bastard", but Okada has shown plenty of Bastard-like tendencies since joining AEW. Will that be his downfall against PAC, or will he continue to prove why he's a generational talent?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1781321865480241288

For the AEW International Championship: Roderick Strong vs Kyle O'Reilly

Friends, no more! O'Reilly returned after a career threatening injury, and while the Undisputed Kingdom was more than willing to welcome him back.******* But O'Reilly has shown a change in attitude, which didn't please Strong and the Kingdom, and now they square off with the International title on the line!

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1780974573942456811

For the TBS Championship: Julia Hart vs Willow Nightingale

The Darkest Star in AEW defends her title against the Brightest Light! Nightingale is looking for her first AEW singles gold, and Hart will do anything to hold onto it. Can Willow overcome everything Hart can dish out, including the dreaded Black Mist?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1781012317666488525

For the FTW World Championship: HOOK vs "Lionheart" Chris Jericho

Jericho says he just wants to help HOOK, but HOOK, like the rest of us, has seen how that's worked out in the past.******** But Jericho has gotten his shot at HOOK's FTW World Championship, so maybe he still has a few tricks up his sleeves. Can HOOK avoid Jericho's tricks, or will Jericho go from "The Ocho" to "The Nueve"?

https://twitter.com/AEWonTV/status/1781812590202523781

In a Trios Match, the TNT Champion Adam Copeland, the Ring of Honor World Champion Mark Briscoe, and the NJPW Strong Openweight Champion Eddie Kingston team up to take on The House of Black!

And on ZERO HOUR:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1781057613829984568

For the AEW World Trios and Ring of Honor World Six-Man Championships: The Acclaimed & Billy Gunn vs Bullet Club Gold

The Bang Bang Scissor Gang********* is no more, and now they face off for all the gold as both teams Trios/Six-Man titles are on the line!

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1781068938840838174

Orange Cassidy & "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata vs Shane Taylor Promotions' Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1781069510184694136

Trent Beretta vs Matt Sydal

Beretta turned on his Best Friends, and now he plans to show off his new attitude as he goes one on one with Matt Sydal.

Also, the EVPs of AEW, The Young Bucks have promised some surprises for tonight! New signings? Returning heroes? Or just more Young Bucks shenanigans?

*Honestly surprised Tony hasn't trademarked "AEWsome!" Hire me Tony!
**I debating between Triller and Youtube
***I'm of course referencing his run as the German Wrestling Association Heavyweight Champion
****[insert "Bryan Danielson: Cody Rhodes Taught Me to Lie" Tweet here]
*****RIP Gorilla Monsoon
******You're spoiling up Tony!
*******You think he asked them where Bobby Fish was at?
********example: Santana is now in TNA, and Jake Hager is still Jake Hager
*********Who could have possibly seen that coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
This is up early, unlike me, still in bed

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm still not sure if I'm buying it or not. It doesn't feel like a really great card but it's AEW and they tend to do at least a good job of putting on a show. Usually a great one.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

die, nasty!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

apophenium posted:

This is up early, unlike me, still in bed

This is up early, because I am going back to bed

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

God drat I'm so stoked. Hopefully I can finish up any commitments I have before Zero Hour.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It doesn't feel like a really great card

:dafuq:

I can normally understand when people say this but uhhhh huh??

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was going to say I see it, the card is missing some stuff to pull you in if you have not been watching. But then I reread it and drat no Osprey vs Danielson, Swerve vs Joe, and Okada vs PAC carries it. I don't see it

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Woke up and finished Rampage, making lasagna for da pape. Bless you TK.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

To be fair, it is a pretty weak card if you don't care about Kazuchika Okada, PAC, Will Ospreay, Bryan Danielson, Toni Storm, Thunder Rosa, Julia Hart, Willow Nightingale, Roderick Strong, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Copeland, Eddie Kingston, Mark Briscoe, Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews, Brody King, Samoa Joe, Swerve Strickland, the Young Bucks, FTR, HOOK, and Chris Jericho.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"Eh, this is just a 4 match pay per view" he says sarcastically.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
tbf as someone who catches like half of every other dynamite/collision, i don't really care about Hook/Jericho, Willow/Julia, Toni/Rosa, or the trios and expect them to be whatever matches. Bucks/FTR i don't give a poo poo about the angle but at least should be a pretty good match unless there's a catastrophic botch

really i'd say three match show with Joe/Swerve, Danielson/Ospreay, and Okada/PAC. I would say Joe/Swerve isn't gonna live up to the other two but Joe's pulled out some really good stuff on this singles run so I'm willing to be surprised. I guess I want Swerve to win even if it feels like it'd be a weirdly underwhelming win. maybe they'd turn him back heel to get more juice out of the title run than they got out of the chase

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

tbf as someone who catches like half of every other dynamite/collision, i don't really care about Hook/Jericho, Willow/Julia, Toni/Rosa, or the trios and expect them to be whatever matches. Bucks/FTR i don't give a poo poo about the angle but at least should be a pretty good match unless there's a catastrophic botch

really i'd say three match show with Joe/Swerve, Danielson/Ospreay, and Okada/PAC. I would say Joe/Swerve isn't gonna live up to the other two but Joe's pulled out some really good stuff on this singles run so I'm willing to be surprised. I guess I want Swerve to win even if it feels like it'd be a weirdly underwhelming win. maybe they'd turn him back heel to get more juice out of the title run than they got out of the chase

I'm pretty much here. I watch the weeklies but 3 match show is such a hard sell to me for a freaking $50 price point :smith: especially when it's gonna turn into a monthly thing. Especially the hook/jericho thing. I really, really am not sold on that at all.

On the other hand, I wanna see Swerve stomp Joe's rear end.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Oh dang, Zero Hour starts at 6:30? I won’t be home in time for that. Hope no matches start until 7.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Willow and Julia has been a great build what are we even talking about tonight

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I ordered this on bleacher report before I heard about the other ways to watch so here’s hoping Bleacher doesn’t crap out.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

BDawg posted:

Oh dang, Zero Hour starts at 6:30? I won’t be home in time for that. Hope no matches start until 7.

It seems like they did the same thing with Revolution. Preshow started earlier but no matches

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

If you don't watch the show, why, it's almost like none of the matches had build at all!

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

a dumb moron posted:

I ordered this on bleacher report before I heard about the other ways to watch so here’s hoping Bleacher doesn’t crap out.

oof

I'm stoked it's on Triller this time, so I can buy it for british prices and still watch it on the Triller app on my TV.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

wrasslin

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

word? let's loving go I love wrestling

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
Ain't nobody

Loves me better

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

god I was just reminded of Vince telling a story about Ted Turner calling him on the phone and saying "I'm in the 'rasslin' business." and then vince gets all smug looking and says congratulations ted I'm in the entertainment business - huge difference. gently caress Vince McMahon wrestling rules and his hatred for it made it way worse in america for a long time.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jeroen posted:

Ain't nobody

Loves me better

:pray:

I feel like the time for it to hit has passed but I will flip my loving poo poo if it happens tonight.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Shard posted:

god I was just reminded of Vince telling a story about Ted Turner calling him on the phone and saying "I'm in the 'rasslin' business." and then vince gets all smug looking and says congratulations ted I'm in the entertainment business - huge difference. gently caress Vince McMahon wrestling rules and his hatred for it made it way worse in america for a long time.

I know this same story but I remember the original story was "well Ted, I'm in the wrestling business" and then after the name change and revisionist history it got changed to "entertainment business"

I know this in my heart to be true because even as a kid, every time that interaction is used in every WCW/Monday night wars dvd, I always go "no, it's wrestling business not entertainment. gently caress the wwe :mad:"

Anyway, I'm ready for a good pape time tonight :dance:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

:pray:

I feel like the time for it to hit has passed but I will flip my loving poo poo if it happens tonight.

If it plays, he’s winning.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

spinst posted:

oof

I'm stoked it's on Triller this time, so I can buy it for british prices and still watch it on the Triller app on my TV.

For what it’s worth I’ve never had an issue with BR. :frogbon:

Aaaaaand I just jinxed it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jeroen posted:

Ain't nobody

Loves me better

happy pape day

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm still not sure if I'm buying it or not. It doesn't feel like a really great card but it's AEW and they tend to do at least a good job of putting on a show. Usually a great one.

That's bait

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

BDawg posted:

Don't worry, they never do any matches before 7.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Watching Collision from last nigh while I prep a steak dinner. Love spring time ppvs, have the windows open with McGuinness yelling at me over the speakers.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I paid $50 for it idgaf I like the product I want them to have a little walking around money

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Looks like I won't get back from Pathfinder 'til just after 7 so Tony please save the trios unification match for later in the preshow tia

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Picking up the wife from work and then I can bake the chicken pot pie and boil the potatoes

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

im firing up the grill, gonna cook some drat bird and make many a burrito

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!

graph posted:

happy pape day

You too, brother. LFG

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Not making the mistake of getting it from BR Live again but I am not missing Swerve winning and I will quote this mournfully when he loses.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He ain't losing. He's a big fan of my posting and doesn't want me to eat a month prob.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lets fuckin go

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I look forward to posting with you all :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
ITS UP