Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wouldn't give a high five to Kyle Fletcher, because he would flip and land on his neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sold out in minutes, every copy going to a poster in this forum.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It needs to come with a replica Texas Chainsaw Massacre Championship

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

hm the proximity between Swerve & Ospreay decreases

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think its really cool that they havent given up on Anna Jay. Def the weakest link in the main division but shes been getting better this year as they throw her into deeper waters. Hope this actually does lead to a small excursion of some kind for her in Japan, was surprised she didnt go do that while Jack was over there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that jarrett doll looks much more like 1992 stunning steve austin if he had more hair. it's a doll i said

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Tweak posted:

hm the proximity between Swerve & Ospreay decreases

Starting to think they should just do Swerve/Ospreay at DoN, have Will eat a loss because he hesitates when going for the Storm Driver, let Ospreay spend some time outside of the title scene as he resolves the Callis Family storyline

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Starting to think they should just do Swerve/Ospreay at DoN, have Will eat a loss because he hesitates when going for the Storm Driver, let Ospreay spend some time outside of the title scene as he resolves the Callis Family storyline

He goes for the Storm Driver, thinks about it and decides against it, backs up for the Hidden Blade but Swerve has recovered, ducks it, House Call into Big Pressure, 1 2 3.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

if this doesn't lead to a chucky on a pole match what are we even doing?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Give me evil chair wielding Dustin

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lamentable dustman posted:

if this doesn't lead to a chucky on a pole match what are we even doing?

think that happened in wcw

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I think it’s really cool that they haven’t given up on Anna Jay. Def the weakest link in the main division but she’s been getting better this year as they throw her into deeper waters. Hope this actually does lead to a small excursion of some kind for her in Japan, was surprised she didn’t go do that while Jack was over there.

She's doing her Stardom excursion stateside lol

Also, the Jarrett toy should have a BREE WOO BREE WOO alarm when you open the box

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Dango Bango posted:

She's doing her Stardom excursion stateside lol

Also, the Jarrett toy should have a BREE WOO BREE WOO alarm when you open the box

don't need to send Anna to Japan when TK can just bring Mina here to kick her rear end :eng101:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

don't need to send Anna to Japan when TK can just bring Mina here to kick her rear end :eng101:

Give how this angle's been going, and Anna's catchphrase, I had to make sure that read 'kick'.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

think that happened in wcw

sue should be on the pole in that case.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

post hole digger posted:

sue should be on the pole in that case.

Would she be in the minivan?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I think Anna was being genuine when she said she'd lost some of her passion for wrestling until that Brodie Lee anniversary show happened. It kinda seemed like she was wrestling on autopilot before, but she's definitely regained a step and I think having more joshi to work with is going to help a lot.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
There are some wrestlers that need certain opponents or certain events for everything to start clicking into place, Skye Blue was pretty terrible too and then something clicked and she started getting really good, really fast. Extended stays in ROH also seemed to help some of them out too, and tours in Japan has pretty much always benefited anyone that goes there.

There's a lot more options now than there was in early AEW where you could pretty much only train at the Nightmare Factory and grind out bad matches with other mediocre wrestlers in Jacksonville.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

CombineThresher posted:

I think Anna was being genuine when she said she'd lost some of her passion for wrestling until that Brodie Lee anniversary show happened. It kinda seemed like she was wrestling on autopilot before, but she's definitely regained a step and I think having more joshi to work with is going to help a lot.

She also really lost a step during her last injury, which came at just the worst possible time for her development but she's finally started to make up that lost ground and I'm really happy to see it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tampa Bae posted:

There are some wrestlers that need certain opponents or certain events for everything to start clicking into place, Skye Blue was pretty terrible too and then something clicked and she started getting really good, really fast. Extended stays in ROH also seemed to help some of them out too, and tours in Japan has pretty much always benefited anyone that goes there.

There's a lot more options now than there was in early AEW where you could pretty much only train at the Nightmare Factory and grind out bad matches with other mediocre wrestlers in Jacksonville.

Skye also works indies constantly, unlike most of the women's roster. She got her reps in, for sure.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm always happy to see younger wrestlers developing at their own pace. It's always nice to see.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Anna definitely has regained some aura recently and just keep her working with joshi

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Ive always had a soft spot for Ana Jay. I think shes pretty good and its cool to see her get better each match.

Also, I havent seen a lot of people mention it, but the IC/Shibata v STP match in Zero Hour kind of ruled. It made me really want to see STP get some wins, despite the presence of Ogogo.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ogogo works for me if they use him as a Jake Hager level heavy who mainly does commentary and occasionally sucker punches people and isnt generally expected to hold up a match.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Anna Jay is decent now and sending her to Stardom for 6 months would turn her into another Mariak May and that would be really good

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Ogogo works for me if they use him as a Jake Hager level heavy who mainly does commentary and occasionally sucker punches people and isn’t generally expected to hold up a match.

Yeah, he makes a great heavy for the group, just The Interference Guy. It's a great package altogether.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Swerve said on a livestream that he wants to wrestle Shingo at Forbidden Door.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress yes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pylons posted:

please god!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pylons posted:

Begging everyone involved to make this happen holy poo poo. Swerve absolutely a real one for this. Might have to actually get tickets for Forbidden Door if this happens.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was literally thinking to myself yesterday that I need him to wrestle Shingo or Hiromu at FD so I'm very pleased by that development

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pylons posted:

lets gooooo

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
if they're both healthy I'd love Hiromu/Darby

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Anna Jays spinning leg lariat is awesome, best thing in her kit

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

if they're both healthy I'd love Hiromu/Darby

hear me out... Brody King vs Hiromu in a deathmatch.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Pylons posted:

This would be great but we really need to get Dragon vs. Dragon before Danielson slows down. Preferably with guest ref Ricky Steamboat.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

enigmahfc posted:

Also, I havent seen a lot of people mention it, but the IC/Shibata v STP match in Zero Hour kind of ruled. It made me really want to see STP get some wins, despite the presence of Ogogo.

OC and Shibata had weirdly good tag chemistry and I also really like STP. Shane is a very good promo, I think, and it looks like Lee's getting to do more technical stuff in his matches and generally show out a bit more. I even like Ogogo and I think he's a good fit. They could be a fun midcard heel stable if they ever get to win anything.

Captain Foo posted:

Anna Jays spinning leg lariat is awesome, best thing in her kit

It's one of the only things in her kit at the moment. I hope she picks up a few new moves in this next stage of her development.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CombineThresher posted:

OC and Shibata had weirdly good tag chemistry

the fourway at forb2 was very good

forb3 should give us shibata vs zsj. imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hell, if Mox can be IWGP champ, then Shingo can be AEW champ.