Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Suplex Liberace posted:

hear me out... Brody King vs Hiromu in a deathmatch.
no, Brody vs El Despardo in a death match! Or Desperado/Rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tampa Bae posted:

no, Brody vs El Despardo in a death match! Or Desperado/Rush

despy/rush would loving kick rear end. so would despy and brody now that u mention it. get el desperado (back?) on aew

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:sickos:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Really need a Naito/Rush reunion for next FD

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Seeing that Ogogo's back with STP was pretty much my surprise of the night.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

he’s taller than 6’4 dammit, I’ve met him multiple times.

workers should be billed as bigger than they actually are and this is a travesty

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

the IWC has once again discovered selling

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

the escape goat posted:

workers should be billed as bigger than they actually are and this is a travesty

I've seen him in person once and I was stunned that he's that tall.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Wrestlers having worked height has conditioned us into thinking a 6’4" fella shouldn't be as tall as Kyle Fletcher, after all Adam Cole is a 6 footer.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Wrestlers having worked height has conditioned us into thinking a 6’4" fella shouldn't be as tall as Kyle Fletcher, after all Adam Cole is a 6 footer.

oh no no no

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

the escape goat posted:

i saw brody king in person once & he was very big.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lmao. This should unironically be AEW's next game instead of Fight Forever 2.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

“it reminds me of early fozzy stuff”

that’s why he’s the GOAT

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's Wednesday :)

The first show after a PPV is always fun, especially one that feels game-changing. Cannot wait for Swerve entering with that belt.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Joe probably deserves a week off but I kinda hope he shows up tonight, too. Dude did a lot with that belt and helped elevate the title again after the end of MJF's reign petered out.

Let him squash a jobber or yell at someone backstage.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

Joe probably deserves a week off but I kinda hope he shows up tonight, too. Dude did a lot with that belt and helped elevate the title again after the end of MJF's reign petered out.

I was thinking one of those backstage rampages where he's just walking down a hall assaulting people out of anger like the WarDog.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The Joe vs. Okada build starts today :getin:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Joe, needing a new program and being clothed in the glory of being a Good Vet, must bravely face and defeat the Jericho Vortex (Bad Vet) thus saving all young talent forever

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Joe will start a feud with The Acclaimed

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I did not think of this possibility :aaa:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

:stare:

:getin:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

projecthalaxy posted:

Joe, needing a new program and being clothed in the glory of being a Good Vet, must bravely face and defeat the Jericho Vortex (Bad Vet) thus saving all young talent forever

Joe chopping down the Learning Tree and building a funeral pyre out of it.

And actually this makes total sense given Joe's previous interactions with Hook...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Until this moment I didn't know I needed this in my life.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The Joe vs. Okato build starts today :getin:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think Joe's reign was perfect. He helped make a new main eventer, he helped the belt recover its prestige and he didn't overstay his welcome. I would have been happy for more World Champ Joe, as opposed to MJF where I was ready to stop watching him

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lots of talkies tonight

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1783139582537510969

The Dynamite after a PPV often feels like chaos in a good way with new stories and feuds popping up. Hoping we get some of that chaos tonight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wonder if they open with hobbs/mox or if they close with it. I would think they would have swerve in the main event but I could see them going with a mox match. But I think that would be a mistake. Swerve should be pushed as a top guy

Then again in AEW the champ doesn't go on last lots of times.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

crondaily posted:

I was thinking one of those backstage rampages where he's just walking down a hall assaulting people out of anger like the WarDog.

mjf returns, only to be pushed aside by a marching somoa joe

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Lots of talkies tonight

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1783139582537510969

The Dynamite after a PPV often feels like chaos in a good way with new stories and feuds popping up. Hoping we get some of that chaos tonight.

Th Dynamites after a PPV tend to be more promo-heavy, if doe no other reason than to establish some new feuds.
I just want to hear from the EVPs and Jack Perry.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope Jericho comes out, says he heard everyone chanting "Please Retire!" and that he wants to give people want they want.
Then he retires the FTW belt.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1783148426210705706

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

I hope Jericho comes out, says he heard everyone chanting "Please Retire!" and that he wants to give people want they want.

:laffo:

The Instagram post absolutely sold me on this new Jericho character. He's about to turn a corner and it's gonna be a blast. I'm happy he's doing the Lionheart stuff too, with the old theme. I know it was originally a way to do a cool thematic thing with the luchadors he was working with (as well as a way to retire Judas) but it's accidentally started working well for his character by evoking his Young And Cool self.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin, I'm listening to that Trish and Sarah podcast and I'm only 12 minutes in and it's already great. This is a great analysis. Thanks.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Daddy Magic carefully timing the gradual hardening of his nipples on the drive to Jacksonville.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

This would be hilarious and he should do it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

:laffo:

The Instagram post absolutely sold me on this new Jericho character. He's about to turn a corner and it's gonna be a blast. I'm happy he's doing the Lionheart stuff too, with the old theme. I know it was originally a way to do a cool thematic thing with the luchadors he was working with (as well as a way to retire Judas) but it's accidentally started working well for his character by evoking his Young And Cool self.

chris jericho popping in the locker room in the lionheart gear like "how do you do, fellow young boys?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

enigmahfc posted:

God, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

He should do this and immediately (like on Rampage) return as the Painmaker and never acknowledge that he's the same guy