Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Shard posted:

Erin, I'm listening to that Trish and Sarah podcast and I'm only 12 minutes in and it's already great. This is a great analysis. Thanks.

Yeah it's great. Obviously we've all been watching enough to have known most of the ins and outs of Punk's hypocrisies, but when they're all laid out so methodically it's both mind-boggling and also undeniable (although a lot of people still do)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Lots of talkies tonight

The Dynamite after a PPV often feels like chaos in a good way with new stories and feuds popping up. Hoping we get some of that chaos tonight.

I too seek chaos, and I'm hoping the talky segments don't go too long. I'd like less of them altogether, and I feel like too many wrestlers think promo segments need to go long to be effective. Most of them should be like 3-5 minutes tops.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm sure sometime later today TK will announce one more match, like let's say Matt Sydal vs Lance Archer.

or Komander vs Minoru Suzuki

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Let’s hear from Rush.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Yeah it's great. Obviously we've all been watching enough to have known most of the ins and outs of Punk's hypocrisies, but when they're all laid out so methodically it's both mind-boggling and also undeniable (although a lot of people still do)

one point that came up was how when Punk joined aew he was happy the locker room didn't leak stuff and how there were so many leaks as soon as he got there and how it mostly ended except for like one thing (the hangman worked injury) after he left.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
At Forbidden Door, Jericho should join forces with EVIL.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1783118703954927621

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1783150821397418084

Shard fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 24, 2024

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
For what it's worth, Danielson/Ospreay is now the highest community rated AEW match of all time on CageMatch.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

what's the highest rated matches overall on cagematch?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

tigerstyle rules so hard and I love the wide shot of the big charging spot

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Let’s hear from Rush.

Need to restore the feeling, need RUSH back badly

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Shard posted:

what's the highest rated matches overall on cagematch?

It's sitting at #10 across all promotions which is still hella good considering the other matches in the top list.

edit-- man NJPW really kicks rear end huh

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tanahashi walking through Ibushi's strikes and backing him into the corner through sheer force of will remains the coolest thing to have ever happened in a wrestling ring

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1783007082163409010

I like the title of "9th IWGP World Heavyweight Champion" It reminds me how everyone refers to Kiryu as the 4th Chairman of the Tojo Clan.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Powerhouse Hobbs ftw, this could be a star-making performance for him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1782965957226357040

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This is so loving good haha

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shard posted:

Erin, I'm listening to that Trish and Sarah podcast and I'm only 12 minutes in and it's already great. This is a great analysis. Thanks.

CaptainApathyUK posted:

I'm listening to it now and this is great.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm listening to it now and this is great.

I'm an hour in and they are like falling over themselves in their indignation as they lay out each of punk's bullshit. This is great. I can't believe I ever thought this guy was cool.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I said in the Podcast thread but they're so good at this in a way that's extremely rare to hear in the wrestling podcast space. They're so well-researched and eloquent and they're laying out things I didn't even know happened or put proper significance towards. It's a really incredible bit of journalism.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shard posted:

I'm an hour in and they are like falling over themselves in their indignation as they lay out each of punk's bullshit. This is great. I can't believe I ever thought this guy was cool.

I'm also listening to this and just hit the point where they're laying out the many times Punk sabotaged the beginning of Collision because of his own ego. Heading into Canada, Jericho wants to work a program? Nah. Orange Cassidy is in the building and ready to work? No, thanks. MJF and Adam Cole draw a huge number? We'll never see them again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm also listening to this and just hit the point where they're laying out the many times Punk sabotaged the beginning of Collision because of his own ego. Heading into Canada, Jericho wants to work a program? Nah. Orange Cassidy is in the building and ready to work? No, thanks. MJF and Adam Cole draw a huge number? We'll never see them again.

im really starting to think that Punk did more damage to AEW than he did any business and the company would have been better off never hiring him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Shard posted:

im really starting to think that Punk did more damage to AEW than he did any business and the company would have been better off never hiring him.

Can’t Restore the Feeling of some miserable Gen X’er doesn’t try and turn the place into his own personal crab bucket first.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 24, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

Well, I just added it to my feed for tomorrow's hike listening. Thanks for the rec, guys.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Shard posted:

He literally left the company worse off than he found it. AEW was MORE POPULAR before he got there, and his injuries and bullshit dirtsheet drama derailed so many plans. The master of the worked shoot couldn't handle a worked shoot and worked himself into a shoot! Multiple times! He never wanted to be in AEW and got turned down by Vince before he signed. He was given everything he asked for, and it was never enough because he never wanted to be there! He wanted to be fired and he was, and now he's back home, so good riddance and I hope TK learned a lot from the experience.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what show was that kenny and hanger vs the bucks that dethroned will v danilson? i don't recall watching that one and i should probably remedy that

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Eat This Glob posted:

what show was that kenny and hanger vs the bucks that dethroned will v danilson? i don't recall watching that one and i should probably remedy that

Revolution 2020 I think

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The Chris Jericho in Canada thing was a huge watershed moment for me while listening because it didn't even cross my mind even as I watched Collision weekly, but yeah, they were doing what was originally a house show circuit turned TV taping in Canada, why the hell weren't they using Jericho? He and Punk had tons of history to work with! A proven ratings draw at that! Unbelievable!

I even remember thinking at the time it was weird that Cole & MJF just kinda lost to FTR on Collision, but I think at the time I rationalized it as FTR being an established team and that it would lead to the obvious MJF/Cole feud - it kinda did, but y'know. I understand giving Better Than You Bay Bay poo poo, but by the time of All In it was an undeniably hot program!

CM Punk really is somehow the closest AEW got to "being WCW" in so many really fascinating ways.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Count Thrashula posted:

Revolution 2020 I think

thank you! definitely before my time then

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Count Thrashula posted:

It's sitting at #10 across all promotions which is still hella good considering the other matches in the top list.

that stretch in the teens for new japan was absolutely stacked with quality matches, it was a good good time

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kennel posted:

At Forbidden Door, Jericho should join forces with EVIL.

Yes, but not the wrestler. Jericho should become a member of Every Villain is Lemons.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

thank you! definitely before my time then

it's an amazing pape.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Count Thrashula posted:

Thanks to AEW threads I've watched all of these and holy poo poo what a top #10

Okada and (or) Kenny are in 6 out of 10 of them :drat:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Time to open the real forbidden door, tones
https://twitter.com/SGWug/status/1783119353593913533

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

whaaaaat. i have this in a tab but im really going to have to get to this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

projecthalaxy posted:

Time to open the real forbidden door, tones

bring COOLMAN to forb coward tony

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sanjuki The Bull vs. Will Ospreay is a main event in any arena.

A Fancy Hat posted:

When they said "Orange Cassidy worked that night - an ROH taping" I audibly loving gasped lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Okada's 2017 is the greatest year in professional wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now Trish and Sarah are making GBS threads on the 20 minute billy gunn and jay white match and holy poo poo I love them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kojima should have done it twice