Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You did it! You condensed the team dynamic to its bare essentials!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Stokely owns. Easily one of my favourite characters in AEW

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

For some reason Stokely wearing the Best Friends shirt really makes me laugh. Maybe it’s just the nature of him being a poo poo-stirrer with everything going on.

Gaz-L posted:

oh god it's gonna hurt when Stat kills her, isn't it?

I no longer think this is gonna happen. There’s no good time or reason for it. She has a challenger lined up so Stat isn’t going to stab her in the back for a title shot. I guess she could always turn at DON but I still think Stokely and Moné will go full heel together to screw Willow.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know they're professional athletes but drat they got a lot of height on that jump

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lol Stokely's shirt in those photos

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

alternately i hope stoke falls into enjoying being with willow and stat despite being a little poo poo-stirring gremlin. the dynamic is too fun to kill right away

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

not everyone eventually turns on each other, especially in AEW.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shard posted:

not everyone eventually turns on each other, especially in AEW.

For example, Britt, Rebel, and :hayter:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

I have no issues with the gunns and Jay White I love them. I think they are a great act and they are great wrestlers. I honestly am just sick to death of the acclaimed sans Bowen.

The Gunns have improved and changed in ways the Acclaimed really haven't. Putting them with Juice and Switch was such a good idea.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

projecthalaxy posted:

You did it! You condensed the team dynamic to its bare essentials!

kris will never betray willow. wrestling fans are cowards unwilling to consider true friendship. how dare u, honestly

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sandman from ECW posted:

Man, Chuck E Cheese is not nearly as bad rear end as I remember

They've gotten a lot worse

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

For some reason Stokely wearing the Best Friends shirt really makes me laugh. Maybe it’s just the nature of him being a poo poo-stirrer with everything going on.
Maybe he's found a way to have both Trent and Orange have their own Chuck Taylor!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

They've gotten a lot worse

agreed. I take my kids all the time and I remember back in like 2014 they still had play areas in there. Now it's just arcade ticket games. At least the games are a quarter each usually.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shard posted:

agreed. I take my kids all the time and I remember back in like 2014 they still had play areas in there. Now it's just arcade ticket games. At least the games are a quarter each usually.

lucky

I took my nephews to one down here where you buy credit on a Dave and Busters style scan card and its like 65 credits for $20 and all the games are like 7.3 credits so you can't remember what you're spending and whatnot

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I used to like the Acclaimed but now I just like Bowens and think BIlly and Max should go away. More Max than Billy.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I just think it was time for them to take a break. I like them still, they just wore out their welcome and didn't evolve, unlike BCG. Now bring back Juice!!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zero reason to turn Stat or Stokely, they’re all good together and we’ve honestly had enough betrayal and team breakups, not every team needs that, this isn’t WWE.

One of the better beats back in the day when OC was ringside for a Statlander match was when he broke character and yelled GET UP STAT, GET UP which owned. Basically I’m waiting for Stoke to have this same moment for Willow v Mone.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

oh god it's gonna hurt when Stat kills her, isn't it?

The initial angle with Stokely, Stat and Willow was that Stat couldn't seal the deal because she wasn't willing to take shortcuts because she had too much heart, but, perhaps, if someone is loving with her friend, she will make a different decision.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I haven't been in a Chuck E Cheese in easily 3 decades at least but did they dead rear end replace the animatronics with a video?

They announced last year they're getting rid of the animatronics.

Five Nights at Freddy's is the worst thing that could have happened to Chuck E. Cheese.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo hahaha

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Shard posted:

this is from the cm punk isn't mad. The entire 2 hour episode goes into every detail of cm punk's bullshit.

Honestly every single time they detailed examples of CM Punk refusing to do business while complaining that other people wouldn't just do business it was so cathartic to me. Just an absolute assassination for 2 glorious hours.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Gavok posted:

Speaking of WCW, as this is the 238th Dynamite, the 238th Nitro was the "Did you forget your scissors?" episode, which only had five matches. The longest match was six minutes.

Hope The Acclaimed are on the show tonight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Im excited for tonight. Daily's Place really grew on me during the pandemic and I always love when they go back home.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Vandar posted:

They announced last year they're getting rid of the animatronics.

What’s next, getting rid of the piss in the ball pit??

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

Erin, I'm listening to that Trish and Sarah podcast and I'm only 12 minutes in and it's already great. This is a great analysis. Thanks.

This is the podcast! Now listening during work.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DLC Inc posted:

Zero reason to turn Stat or Stokely, they’re all good together and we’ve honestly had enough betrayal and team breakups, not every team needs that, this isn’t WWE.

One of the better beats back in the day when OC was ringside for a Statlander match was when he broke character and yelled GET UP STAT, GET UP which owned. Basically I’m waiting for Stoke to have this same moment for Willow v Mone.

That was good

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
REACH FOR THE PACIFIER, BOY

https://twitter.com/SussexCoChicken/status/1783190162110853367

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:cry: :kimchi:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like that baby wants to whoop my rear end

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Don’t bother growing those teeth, kid

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Is this his 8th or 9th child?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
In 20 years there will be more Pughs than Anoa'is in wrestling.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

isnt this marks first kid? i thought jay was the one who had a few

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's his eighth

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

isnt this marks first kid? i thought jay was the one who had a few

No. Mark is the one with a ton. He has so many he ran out of room to tattoo their names on his right ribs, and had to start having them tattooed on his left ribs

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1783187701031645625?t=HsJnpz7ijB_QpXF4vSIN0w&s=19

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1783239849891246160?t=D6lXm0Yzb-3LNTUeoFhq3Q&s=19

Some feel-good tweets tonight.

Realizing that Swerve's first show as champ is going to be a Daily's Place show feels great. I hope the atmosphere is just as electric as the last time they were there. I love the stage setup they had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kennel posted:

In 20 years there will be more Pughs than Anoa'is in wrestling.

Neither hold a candle to the Schiavones, or so the legend goes. :mmmhmm: