Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creamythighs
Dec 28, 2022

I've had this sa account for a year. I have been lurking as recommended but I am new to posting. I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread.

If not let me know and I'll go ahead and delete it. I was looking for a thread specifically about reddit complaints but couldn't find one.

I'm asking this question here because this is an older forum. I feel like I would get much better educated advice from forum veterans. Who were here before the days of reddit.

Question

Does blocking atuomod on reddit get you permanently banned? I am now permanently banned after doing so with a 1 year old account and 100k karma. What happened happened.

I'm not going to bother requesting a review from reddit. I doubt they'd listen. I had 38 message notifications for some reason.

Honestly after seeing the permanently banned me I was fed up and just logged out. I strictly stayed away from rage bait and political conversations for this reason.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
posting about reddit gets you banned here sorry bud

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Reported for posting about Reddit

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19tjJ0G-8V4

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
ahahahaah, oh poo poo.
I half want to post a breaking bad "Let him cook" memey, but honestly, I think I'd rather you did not cook.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 22, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sorry i have no idea

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Dang this stealthy redditor almost made it through SA's security layers but the trusty ol' post/reply button caught them out

Good work all around everyone, haul this sorry op off to cat jail

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Strong "calling up Comcast to ask for help with my VCR" energy.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

when genesplicer hears about this your rear end is toast

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
No but if you do it again I will give you a swirly.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s Reddit

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What’s Reddit

imagine a forums but the posts aren't in order

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

YES

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I believe you're looking for the Features, Ysers, Access and Data sub forum, friend.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
E:^^^^ I was going to take a little longer before reccommending the fearless young acheivement developers, but might as well, have it on the first page before everything goes green ^^^^

"I feel like I would get much better educated advice from forum veterans."

I about shat myself laughing, nothing about any word in that sentance applies after "I feel".

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 22, 2024

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Sorry about your meaningless internet cool point OP. If it helps remember that 110k is effectively zero when compared to the hundreds of thousands of bot accounts with a million points each,

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Posting about punching Nazis or sympathizing with women assaulted by Internet celebrities will probably get you banned faster than blocking automod.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lmfao

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
100k karma lost, just like that, and you're all laughing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Creamythighs posted:

I've had this sa account for a year. I have been lurking as recommended but I am new to posting. I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread.

If not let me know and I'll go ahead and delete it. I was looking for a thread specifically about reddit complaints but couldn't find one.

I'm asking this question here because this is an older forum. I feel like I would get much better educated advice from forum veterans. Who were here before the days of reddit.

Question

Does blocking atuomod on reddit get you permanently banned? I am now permanently banned after doing so with a 1 year old account and 100k karma. What happened happened.

I'm not going to bother requesting a review from reddit. I doubt they'd listen. I had 38 message notifications for some reason.

Honestly after seeing the permanently banned me I was fed up and just logged out. I strictly stayed away from rage bait and political conversations for this reason.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you

im not letting you delete this btw

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

OP you just had to scroll a lil bit down and you'd see we have a whole thread where we keep redditors contained. Sorry bout your incoming perma for escaping containment.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

thanks admin :thanks:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
ahahahahaahahahahahahah
Thank you Jeff.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

How to use SA:

:justpost:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

ok but does blocking atuomod on reddit get you permanently banned?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I blocked autotilt on my fedora because I made the ladies too moist with my euphoria

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I still don't know what the OPs issue is with Otto Mod. He seems like a good dude.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
wish all mods would automatically be blocked

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Blocking automod is taking the red pill and this is where you end up and you’re forums Neo now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
These forums never cease to surprise and delight me

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

r***t

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Happy cake day OP

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

I still don't know what the OPs issue is with Otto Mod. He seems like a good dude.
No, Auto Mod, the guy who mods r/cars.

And yes OP, he has some powerful friends.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

i have information that will lead to the arrest of the r/startrek mod

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

biznatchio posted:

100k karma lost, just like that, and you're all laughing
All we are is dust in the wind~~~

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op make sure you don't miss this post

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
jesus christ what are you doing dude

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I really dislike reddit as a platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

R.L. Stine posted:

when genesplicer hears about this your rear end is toast

Good thing for the op, his hearing aids are in the shop for repair