Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
But Who? WHO!?
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Washington Football Team
gently caress it, 4-way 8-8-1 tie no survivors
View Results

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Febreeze posted:

Giants were sort of in a pickle in that if they take a QB, it would have been a reach for any of the ones available at 6, and he wouldn't have a good WR room to throw to, and Jones is still there for 2024 anyway

But if they took the blue chip WR, he has garbage throwing to him and they have to wait the year out to see what happens next offseason. It was kind of a no win situation there for fixing both problems

If the line holds up Nabers will absolutely make the offense better. I'm just glad they didn't trade up for McCarthy at all and stayed put and took BPA. I don't think McCarthy was a good fit anyway
Without knowing what next year's draft class is projected to look like or if a probably-lovely team would've been willing to take the trade: is there a case to be made that in that situation, the best thing the Giants could've done would be to trade this year's pick in return for a first and second round next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/Commanders/status/1784003477498204468

Feels like a pure Dan Quinn gimmie gimmie gimmie pick, best player available. Think I still would’ve preferred a cornerback, but we picking again soon, let’s see.

https://x.com/BenStandig/status/1784003963957707098

Had surgery for a partial Jones fracture in the offseason likely why he slid down the board.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Missed that we traded back with the Eagles. Some get mad about doing that with a Division rival, I could care less.

Eagles get: Nos. 40, 78, 161

Commanders get: Nos. 50, 53, 152

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

gently caress it all corner backs why not

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
gently caress yeah Mikey Sanristril my favorite guy. He’s awesome. He might be a good player too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cartoon Man posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Good luck to all the teams taking their ~2% chance they drafted a QB as good as Dak

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

blarzgh posted:

Good luck to all the teams taking their ~2% chance they drafted a QB as good as Dak

~2% chance being the same odds Dak has of winning if the Cowboys trail at any point

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

blarzgh posted:

that's a perfect illustration on why you don't want to draft an okay qb around there.

you'll win too many games to get good draft picks but never win enough to advance far into the playoffs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress the Cowboys forever amen

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

The RG3 anxiety from fans is injury based. We have no offensive line and we’re worried he’s going to get killed and tear an ACL like RG3 did. I’m reserving judgement till I see the rest of the draft and our eventual product on the field. There’s also a chance to get some more below average journeyman OT’s in the rest of free agency.

Another thought is that Sam Howell got killed more often than not due to Sam Howell and not because of the putrid O line. Some think it really wasn’t as bad as he made it look. I think the blame is pretty equal between the two to be honest, but Jacoby Brisset did have success the few times he got in there. Some have argued we would’ve won more games had he played the rest of the way. But Harris ordered the tank and Ron delivered. Jayden would be a Patriot otherwise. Part of me still wants to see what half a season with Jacoby would’ve been like and the other just laughs and says it probably wouldn’t have been any better. We’ll never know.

Howell drifted into pressure and held the ball way, way too long. The line last year was average/slightly below average; this year the LT situation is unnerving.

Levitate posted:

I feel like that was also the whole "your knee is hosed you can't run as fast as you used to we can't always use you for the option like we did year 1 so you need to learn how to be more of a pocket passer" and he just...couldn't.
Then again maybe Shanahan would have been happy to ride him into the ground with an option gameplan.
Long enough ago now that I can't be sure my memory is correct.

See, and I've seen other evaluations that say he goes through his reads fine, gently caress if I know who I'm supposed to believe.

RG3 had a meeting with the Shanahans where he wrote up a list of plays he no longer wanted to run (e.g. everything option). Snyder backed the player and not the coaches. RG3 thought he could be Aaron Rodgers. His pretensions were not realized. RG3 still had plenty of speed to run a more option type offense, that was not the problem; rather, RG3 is a victim of self sabotage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Well the Commanders finally took an Offensive Lineman, better late than never.

https://x.com/PFF_Washington/status/1784034172425605315

https://x.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1781731819186016474

https://x.com/MathBomb/status/1784034583513587768

https://x.com/Mitch_Tischler/status/1784037066138964243

Apparently they liked him at the combine. He’s gonna be a project.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Looks like an okay pick. The Commies need a LT that can play now though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah I’m not hating but he’s gonna need work and instruction. We tried to get back into the first but nobody was dealing or we weren’t offering enough.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I mean if LT is the only hole on o-line that will represent a huge improvement on last year, still wish they went T earlier

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eagles really focused on defense

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Giants took the top safety off the board and then a CB, both needs, happy with the draft so far

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Quiet Feet posted:

Good

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/BenStandig/status/1784068401658282422

Gonna keep my eye on this DT, it was a BPA pick at the time but the more I read the more I’m intrigued.
https://x.com/BenStandig/status/1784065398985375977

https://x.com/_RyanFowler_/status/1784003023775142339
https://x.com/Commanders/status/1784037108677533793
https://x.com/IlliniOn247/status/1784009157927985241
https://x.com/CSimmsQB/status/1784005065302311105

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 27, 2024

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Quiet Feet posted:

Did you miss the part last year where we forget to field a defense?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No dallas fans posting about day two worries me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Asproigerosis posted:

Did you miss the part last year where we forget to field a defense?

Did I sound like I was complaining?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Legitimately happy for our Washington friends. Who for the first time in recent memory are allowed unfettered and unjaded aspirational. Hope for their team's future and get to enjoy it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Did they draft a linebacker ?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kiper liked the Eagles/Commanders trade, says a win/win for both. He liked the players we both took with the trade.

Looks like I hosed up the Spencer Rattler pick, thought for sure someone was gonna take a chance.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 27, 2024

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cartoon Man posted:

Kiper liked the Eagles/Commanders trade, says a win/win for both. He liked the players we both took with the trade.

Looks like I hosed up the Spencer Rattler pick, thought for sure someone was gonna take a chance.

Same. Honestly surprised the Raiders, Giants, Bucs, Browns, Saints or even the Cardinals didn't take a shot.

E

Seattle, the Rams and maybe even Miami make some sense also.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 27, 2024

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

euphronius posted:

Never

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

No dallas fans posting about day two worries me.

We all watched the last game they played. My interest is toast until Jerry dies, or whoever the next failed coach/qb combo is gonna be.

I was initially interested in the Zimmer hire, but then they did gently caress all else in the offseason. Being an offseason winner doesn't get you deep in the playoffs, but ignoring it doesn't really get you anywhere either. The organization is playing out the rest of Dak's contract and trying to lie to everyone that they're still serious. No one's buying.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

We all watched the last game they played. My interest is toast until Jerry dies, or whoever the next failed coach/qb combo is gonna be.

I was initially interested in the Zimmer hire, but then they did gently caress all else in the offseason. Being an offseason winner doesn't get you deep in the playoffs, but ignoring it doesn't really get you anywhere either. The organization is playing out the rest of Dak's contract and trying to lie to everyone that they're still serious. No one's buying.

Then they pick up Micah's option instead of extending him and now they're stalling CD lamb, daring him to hold out. They're being absolutely loving ridiculous.

No one has ever deserved their station in life,
less than Jerry loving Jones and his inbred mountain people children

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I will say it has been really cool to go into a draft thinking "Jesus gently caress please just work on the defense" and watch the team do exactly that

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

We are finally eliminating this outdated thinking and going to a base 4-2-5 defense.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Dallas will nail at least a few of their picks. The talking heads will call them one of the most talented teams in the league during the season after trashing them all offseason.

The cycle continues.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jeremiah Trotter (Jr) is back baby

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I think the Dallas draft is not getting much run because taking OL is boring but it might pay off.

I hope not.

Because gently caress the Cowboys and everything they do.

The Trotter pick is inspired. I like it. Why the gently caress not?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

euphronius posted:

Fifth round still counts

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1784322096312820181

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i think the Dallas draft was good but the bigger issue is it's replacing a lot of guys who left in FA in part bc Jerruh keeps being an idiot with contracts* so they had to let a good young C walk in FA rather than pay him. Like they did not improve from where they were last year, best case scenario they're about the same?

*now he's let Dak's contract get to a wildly expensive final year instead of extending earlier when it's cheaper so they keep getting these years where a ton of their cap is unnecessarily eaten up

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

Legitimately happy for our Washington friends. Who for the first time in recent memory are allowed unfettered and unjaded aspirational. Hope for their team's future and get to enjoy it

We don’t want your pity

Yes we kinda do

predicto fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Snyder always got the first 2-3 rounds, then the coaches maybe got to start picking players they want.