Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
But Who? WHO!?
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Washington Football Team
gently caress it, 4-way 8-8-1 tie no survivors
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Brandon Coleman is the cutoff of people who can contribute immediately. Luke McCafrey is a huge reach who better impress in camp and preseason. The others are probably camp bodies and practice squad at most. Good first draft, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not rooting for the Commanders but I can also express that I am happy y'all are free to be just regular bad instead of absolutely hellcursed bad

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I mean it’s Commies or Eagles this year, that’s something, right?

Cowboys can’t win because of the curse and Giants can’t because they are an actively burning dumpster fire, so, process of elimination

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

CapnAndy posted:

I mean it’s Commies or Eagles this year, that’s something, right?

Cowboys can’t win because of the curse and Giants can’t because they are an actively burning dumpster fire, so, process of elimination

The Cardinals are about twenty years overdue

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

The Cardinals are about twenty years overdue

The Cardinals only won the old NFC East twice, when they were in St. Louis back in the 70s and coached by Don Coryell.

So, if a zombie Don Coryell comes back and drags them to St. Louis… he’ll devise some awesome passing plays to get Marvin Harrison Jr open and they’ll win the division.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

The Cardinals only won the old NFC East twice, when they were in St. Louis back in the 70s and coached by Don Coryell.

So, if a zombie Don Coryell comes back and drags them to St. Louis… he’ll devise some awesome passing plays to get Marvin Harrison Jr open and they’ll win the division.

And hell, they'd have earned it by then

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jerry did it. We’re all in. Zeke is back.

:smithicide:

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Hahahaha

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Looks like we got the better McCaffrey

https://x.com/Commanders/status/1784329253766463867
:frogc00l:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I for one am happy to see the commanders fans with genuine, unabashed hope. I'll enjoy this feeling until the team wins against the Eagles, then I will hate them again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I don’t expect this year to be a poo poo show but I also don’t think we’ll be anything better than 500.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In the NFC that might still be enough for playoffs

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zeke was washed two years ago, I do not understand

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Dallas Cowboys are not a serious organization

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Harlock posted:

Zeke was washed two years ago, I do not understand

he's washed as RB1 but he was actually a decent contributor on the Pats last year and as 4Q back I think he has some value

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bringing back Zeke is some meddling owner Dan Snyder poo poo.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

indigi posted:

he's washed as RB1 but he was actually a decent contributor on the Pats last year and as 4Q back I think he has some value

His ypc last year good for 48th in the league at 3.5. The Cowboys also do not have an RB1 on their roster

https://twitter.com/WhatGoingDowney/status/1784907768492703904?s=19

Harlock fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 29, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah he's not good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQ3-Xe_suY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Without those five TDs, the Pats probably get Daniels instead of Maye

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Like I'm really wondering just how bad the cowboys offense is going to be next year. The defense will probably be solid, but this is going to be Dak's worst year by far.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Zeke was cooked even before Dallas let him go the first time lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It’s a Jerry Jones business decision to make money, nothing to do with winning football games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The same poo poo is gonna happen to Dak. He’s gonna walk soon enough, play a few years and stink it up on a new team. Then come back for that sweet Jerry Jones money as the prodigal child returning to save the wayward Cowboys.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Do any other teams do this contract chicken poo poo that the Joneses pull?

Like there's no world where getting a cornerstone player to sign at the last possible moment saves you a dime, but Jerry is so convinced of this process that he does this to every blue chip player on the team.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Like I'm really wondering just how bad the cowboys offense is going to be next year. The defense will probably be solid, but this is going to be Dak's worst year by far.

All in

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I dunno, I think it's nice that the Cowboys signed Zeke to a one-day contract so he can retire as a Cowboy, those are always nice gestures. Now let me just check the actual terms of the contract, but before I do, I'm gonna take a big sip of water and hold it in my mouth

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CapnAndy posted:

I dunno, I think it's nice that the Cowboys signed Zeke to a one-day contract so he can retire as a Cowboy, those are always nice gestures. Now let me just check the actual terms of the contract, but before I do, I'm gonna take a big sip of water and hold it in my mouth

I thought for sure it would be vet minimum but lol it's $3 mil.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We're also being deprived of Zeke's last moment as a Cowboy playing center

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cowboys are certainly all in.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Quiet Feet posted:

I thought for sure it would be vet minimum but lol it's $3 mil.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nonsense the Cowboys will win a lot of games and look decent again, but lose a few really stupid ones, and end up a wildcard (because no team can win the NFCE two years in a row) where they are promptly housed by an NFC North team

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What's the most "All in" move your team can make?

For the Cowboys, obviously it's resigning Zeke.
The Giants I think could extend Jones contract ANOTHER year with guaranteed money.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 29, 2024

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Eagles ALL IN would be extending Sirianni

The Commanders would be selling the team back to Dan Snyder

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Cowboys could also lock up Dak for another five years at league-leading money if they want to continue plumbing the depths of loving up in the off-season.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dak needs to Kirk Cousins himself to another team. Ride the tag for two years and GTFO of Jerry World.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Except he can't be tagged. It's in his contract.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Cowboys could also lock up Dak for another five years at league-leading money if they want to continue plumbing the depths of loving up in the off-season.

honestly whatever you think about Dak I think locking him up long term is a good idea strategically. if they really believe in him, then they get to keep him, which is a win (in their mind); but even if they want to move on from him after this season, teams know he'll win regular season games and move season tickets/merchandise, and that alone will have a desperate team like the Raiders/Jets/Saints giving up draft capital that the Cowboys could use to get your next QB. hell after this season even the Rams and Seahawks should be on the hunt for a QB to put them over the top

I think either way, signing him to a 5 year deal is a good move for now as well as the future

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I don't think next year's QB draft class is expected to be that great and I doubt Dallas will end up with an early pick anyway. They'll trade up and take a RB after letting Dak walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Shyfted One posted:

Except he can't be tagged. It's in his contract.

Didn’t know that was thing you can do. Good for him, gently caress Jerry, go get paid somewhere.