Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How Many QB's "bust" out of this Class?
Whoever the Giants trade up for.
Bears QB Purgatory Continues
All of them.
None. They all become mediocre.
View Results

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

someone post the tweet lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
3 receivers off the board when you desperately need receivers

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eggsavier... Leeget

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

LMAO Canalas DID NOT LIE!

lol they did go get em, that's hilarious

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol ther'es gotta be a couple guys in bills jerseys who paid money to travel to the NFL day 1 draft thing and now they got to see their team trade entirely out of the 1st and do nothing and they didn't even get to leave early

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kiimo posted:

Leggett to the Panthers here would be hilarious

lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AndrewP posted:

move back a spot to move up a round, sure

I think it's smart. You know who the team you're trading with is taking so why not do it?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

lol Legette let’s gooo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
And now I spend the next 18 hours fantasizing about somehow finding a way to trade up for Johnny Newton

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kidcoelacanth posted:

that was not that hard of a name to pronounce my man

it probably is when you're mixing pills, booze, and some snorted stuff like ol' Roger is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Not that it happens much, but having the 33rd pick does let you get any desperation trade up calls overnight.

The siren call of the white CB is going to tempt the packers FO for sure

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Lol ther'es gotta be a couple guys in bills jerseys who paid money to travel to the NFL day 1 draft thing and now they got to see their team trade entirely out of the 1st and do nothing and they didn't even get to leave early

And not like at least get a shiny future first or second out of it. They upgraded some mid/late round picks.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I've never watched the draft before but I've decided to drink until the Bills pick.

They pick 28?

and every pick takes 10 minutes?

Ohhh

nooooo

gently caress

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Xavier Legette loving rocks, let's go

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Are you ready for a power 20 hours?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

So do the bills take AD Mitchell next?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

smart to pick a guy that appears specifically good at catching underthrows

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

wandler20 posted:

I think it's smart. You know who the team you're trading with is taking so why not do it?

Do they know? Why would Carolina tell Buffalo?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DAN MORGAN I loving LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

And not like at least get a shiny future first or second out of it. They upgraded some mid/late round picks.

yea this bothers me the most, they didn't get more picks they just swapped up higher which is fine but idk, take a loving shot at a receiver guys

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/CoachspeakIndex/status/1783228309830062227

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

maybe bills just gonna trade a future first overnight for one of the SF receivers

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol sorry man that is some bad luck I hope you at least had fun chattin' in the GDT

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

RIP

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The bills are going to continually trade back one pick at a time until they own all the remaining picks of the draft and all eligible receivers have already been drafted

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

Xavier Legette loving rocks, let's go

No disagreement! Just going to have his coach have a long talk about snitchin

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

So do the bills take AD Mitchell next?

it's gotta be

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Good lord that must’ve been AWFUL for Bills fans to watch, trade back with the fuckin’ Chiefs of all teams and let them have the exact receiver they wanted then trade back again at the very end to blue balls your fans from seeing a day 1 pick at all.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fsif posted:

Do they know? Why would Carolina tell Buffalo?

I guess they could lie.

They probably have a group of receivers all ranked about the same so improve your draft without losing something you value.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CHUG CHUG CHUG

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Good lord that must’ve been AWFUL for Bills fans to watch, trade back with the fuckin’ Chiefs of all teams and let them have the exact receiver they wanted then trade back again at the very end to blue balls your fans from seeing a day 1 pick at all.

The good thing is, the Bills trading watched 3 great WRs go.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Legette and Pearsall, my two favorites, go way higher than expected. I feel very justified right now and I needed that in my life

IcePhoenix posted:

I've always been a "speed in pads" guy so telling me his 40 time does not change my opinion of how he looks in the highlights

And I'm saying he was probably throttling down to make for a better target

Check the second play here where he takes an end around to the house and makes everyone else look slow. He doesn't play slow. Actually it's kind of crazy how similar he looks to Aiyuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH6Px6HNLcQ

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Bills should have gotten way better value for the last 5th year option pick smdh

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Do you all think the Penix pick at 8 is a hint that Kirt Kousins is not going to come back for game 1 next year?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
good first round imo, good mix of comedy and entertainment

see y'all for day 2

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you all think the Penix pick at 8 is a hint that Kirt Kousins is not going to come back for game 1 next year?

what does that mean, come back? they just signed him

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Impending gambling ban would be funnier

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

wandler20 posted:

I guess they could lie.

They probably have a group of receivers all ranked about the same so improve your draft without losing something you value.

But I guess if Carolina tells Buffalo they're drafting Lagette and Buffalo goes, "k, cool with us," it basically nullifies Carolina's incentive to make the trade in the first place. I guess unless it's a fifth year option thing.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Play posted:

what does that mean, come back? they just signed him

I think he means as in not fully recovered from the injury.

But that's kind of stupid, you don't spend the 8th overall to cover for a few weeks. It's a long term plan - probably a stupid long term plan, but it is a plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

BlindSite posted:

The good thing is, the Bills trading watched 3 great WRs go.

Maybe this is cope but all three of those receivers were usually mocked to go in the second or third rounds. There's still Mitchell and McConkey.