Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

idk what hinkle did that's bad, he's posting "The idea of you walking around “free,” rather than being locked away in a dark hole for war crimes is madness." @ mike pompeo, guessing he's a chud??

Pomeroy posted:

The frustrated, the over-ambitious, those fundamentally lacking in steadiness of character, see the energy, the spontaneity of middle class reaction, and think they have found a short-cut past the slow, necessary work of organizing our class.

It always has ended, and necessarily always will end the same way, when attempted within the imperial core. To appeal to the most energetic elements of the middle class, in the absence of a credible, powerful working class movement, they gradually throw overboard one principle after another, anything that might alienate middle class reactionaries, until they are indistinguishable from them, and even then, to whatever extent they succeed, they have succeeded only in grafting themselves onto a class and a movement that is incapable of revolutionary action, incapable of any independent action, but quite ready to be picked up and used, put into action, by the ruling class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

eh whatever if he's not there at the protests it might be better to discuss elsewhere

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
Hinkle's the MAGA communism guy, he's basically an openly obvious grifter but he's very funny and obviously less evil than like the average liberal for whatever that's worth. Still best not to encourage it.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/aletweetsnews/status/1783630383533154721

So far looks like they're not getting evicted yet. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I'm sure these pigs would be upset by this chant if they could feel anything anymore.

https://twitter.com/PhilJankowski/status/1783266497533550920

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I was standing where yellow backpack kid is, the day before. that's the area where they pile the arrested kids into cruisers and/or ambulances

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I saw 6 army Blackhawk helicopters fly the approach into Burbank today. That’s kinda unusual, I’ve never seen them show up in these numbers before, and that’s just what I personally saw.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

skooma512 posted:

I saw 6 army Blackhawk helicopters fly the approach into Burbank today. That’s kinda unusual, I’ve never seen them show up in these numbers before, and that’s just what I personally saw.

someone else posted about this earlier too. hmm!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dreylad posted:

From what (hostile) media I've read there is an impressive amount of organization in some of these protests, especially at Columbia. Not just the encampment itself but in terms of message discipline, having designated spokespeople, a clear hierarchy in terms of decision making. Very much the opposite of occupy.

Russia learned it's lessons well from BLM

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow NBC says that the protests have reached 50 universities in america and canada! amazing!

God bless all the students!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Apparently the UC system is backing off, allowing students to protest

====

‎UC allows students to stay in sit-in area‎

‎University of California security said students were allowed to stay in the sit-in area until further notice as tensions on campus eased.‎

‎He added that he had erected a metal fence around the perimeter of the camp area for students in solidarity with Palestinians to secure it.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6483867

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

wife showed me a clip of Zionist counterprotester picking a fight at UCLA. no way that’ll be on the news

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

A lot of these kids were at the BLM protests for weeks eating tear gas, evading cops, and forming deep bonds. That experience has really shown as this has ballooned nationwide in a week. Like 2 weeks before summer break, lol.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Used to be these kids could afford to and were morally degenerate enough go on Girls Gone Wild tours to seek thrills in a safe and accommodating area that'll clean up their trash for them. Marde Gras was a load bearing pillar in our aristocracy's development and THEY NEVER REBUILT THAT poo poo. Empire did this to itself, let them kids hollar

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The police response college campuses seems wild until you realize again that the US is only has the thinnest coating around its fascism and that flakes off with a mild breeze. Honestly, if they ever actually felt legitimately threatened they wouldn't have a problem clearing the streets with FMJ.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but it's rather astonishing how quickly the repression has rocketed from 0 to full fascism within a week's time. These student protests are reeeeeeally getting under certain people's skin.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/nypost/status/1783798411189219655

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ardennes posted:

The police response college campuses seems wild until you realize again that the US is only has the thinnest coating around its fascism and that flakes off with a mild breeze. Honestly, if they ever actually felt legitimately threatened they wouldn't have a problem clearing the streets with FMJ.

fascism is just how the dictatorship of the rich defends itself when under threat, silk glove vs steel gauntlet

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

A Jewish man funding antisemitic protests… it all makes sense now!!! - an idiot

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Megamissen posted:

i would have expected at least one in pnw

UW is planned for the 28th iirc

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The New York Post is only beaten by the Daily Mail in terms of being a terrible news source, though it's a close call.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

*5,000 word post followed by probe threat*

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

soros is getting old... do the fash already have another jew lined up to blame everything they don't like on or are they not planning ahead?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Equeen posted:

A Jewish man funding antisemitic protests… it all makes sense now!!! - an idiot

the protests aren’t anti-semitic, and the tweet-headline says “anti-Israel”. don’t fall for the conflation that the Zionists are trying to make

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

the protests aren’t anti-semitic, and the tweet-headline says “anti-Israel”. don’t fall for the conflation that the Zionists are trying to make

i think theyre joking

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Spoondick posted:

soros is getting old... do the fash already have another jew lined up to blame everything they don't like on or are they not planning ahead?

baby Soros is even more liberal and evil than his old man father!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/probablyreadit/status/1783852171278094565

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if these colleges are kicking kids out of dorms is that illegal eviction or do students have no tenant's rights?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Real hurthling! posted:

if these colleges are kicking kids out of dorms is that illegal eviction or do students have no tenant's rights?

rights aren’t real

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
But also, no. No right to a home or eviction procedure in dorms.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ahmed_hassan_za/status/1783853663485567028?t=ty1EVPXqeiHKjAtoEhah8g&s=19

Yemenis in solidarity with the students

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

gently caress yeah

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

drat what a surprise the school lied

https://twitter.com/isaiah_bb/status/1783867805076480339

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

International solidarity, you truly love to see it

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://jewishinsider.com/2024/04/ritchie-torres-mike-lawler-campus-antisemitism-legislation-columbia/

quote:

As encampments of anti-Israel protesters spring up on a growing number of campuses across the country bringing with them instances of antisemitism, Reps. Ritchie Torres (D-NY) and Mike Lawler (R-NY) are threatening to condition federal funding for universities as part of a push for more stringent federal oversight and monitoring of campus antisemitism, Jewish Insider has learned.

The lawmakers plan to introduce the College Oversight and Legal Updates Mandating Bias Investigations and Accountability (COLUMBIA) Act, which would allow the Department of Education to impose a third-party monitor for antisemitic activity on any campus receiving federal funding. Schools that do not adequately cooperate with monitoring could potentially lose their federal funding.

Compliance with such monitoring would, under the proposed legislation, be a condition of receiving continued federal funds; the monitor would release quarterly public reports on the progress that schools have made in addressing antisemitism and providing recommendations to federal, state and local lawmakers and officials.

“As we have seen over the last half a year since October 7, campus antisemitism is at an all-time high, and American universities are not capable of handling it when left to their own devices,” Torres said in a statement, alleging that there are “blatant violation[s]” of Jewish students’ civil rights occurring at colleges across the country “and the federal government cannot allow this to continue unchecked.”

Columbia University, the site of the first encampment, “is not an isolated incident — it is the straw that has broken the camel’s back — and I am prepared to do something about it,” Torres said. “Jewish students have told my office that they feel completely abandoned by their university administrators and they view Congress as the only avenue for accountability and safety.”

The proposed monitors would be appointed by the secretary of education, while expenses for the monitors would be paid by the schools being monitored.

Similar independent monitor systems have been previously utilized by the federal government, most prominently in response to cases of police misconduct.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Crazy that people complain about DEI, affirmative action, etc, but you can get a bill to target perceived harassment against a specific group written within a matter of weeks

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

VoicesCanBe posted:

International solidarity, you truly love to see it

It’s almost impressive how every single attempt to crush solidarity with Palestine by the US state at home and abroad had backfired

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

College Oversight and Legal Updates Mandating Bias Investigations and Accountability (COLUMBIA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The smart(er) lie would be to say they were there to protect the students from a mass shooter or something.