Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tristeham posted:

its judakel

oh yeah lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
From what (hostile) media I've read there is an impressive amount of organization in some of these protests, especially at Columbia. Not just the encampment itself but in terms of message discipline, having designated spokespeople, a clear hierarchy in terms of decision making. Very much the opposite of occupy.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

anarchists stay losing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dreylad posted:

From what (hostile) media I've read there is an impressive amount of organization in some of these protests, especially at Columbia. Not just the encampment itself but in terms of message discipline, having designated spokespeople, a clear hierarchy in terms of decision making. Very much the opposite of occupy.

Americans are learning and it's Awesome.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Dreylad posted:

That's promising. Gives me hope that the protests won't be co-opted the way BLM was.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Helps to have a more cohesive objective in ceasing institutional financial ties with Israel.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

That's promising. Gives me hope that the protests won't be co-opted the way BLM was.

they have a very hard time trying to co-opt it because they have shed their skin and they simply cant even pretend to agree

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think cooption will be a problem. BLM was diverted by random liberal organizers turning the rallies/marches into GOTV efforts followed by cop kettles for any leftovers. They can't do that this time, so what would they would even be coopting the energy into??

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Cool Zone is out. Nut Zone is in.

NutZone gangtag plz.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

caelxii posted:

NutZone gangtag plz.

no

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

In Training posted:

Americans are learning and it's Awesome.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

In Training posted:

I don't think cooption will be a problem. BLM was diverted by random liberal organizers turning the rallies/marches into GOTV efforts followed by cop kettles for any leftovers. They can't do that this time, so what would they would even be coopting the energy into??

Part of it was also Democrats using them to fingerwag to Trump and say Racism is Over when Joe won and Chauvin got jail.

There are some alt-right shitheads like McInnes of the Proud Boys and Sean Feucht getting involved but their reach will be limited by the amount of receipt tape that people have on them.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

In Training posted:

Yeah it's certainly much harder to turn this into a GOTV operation when a Democrat is President

HallelujahLee posted:

they have a very hard time trying to co-opt it because they have shed their skin and they simply cant even pretend to agree

Also this. Biden admin won't even throw a bone about "respecting the right to protest"; I'm pretty sure their only comment thus far has been to call the protesters anti-semitic

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

Yeah it's certainly much harder to turn this into a GOTV operation when a Democrat is President

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Dreylad posted:

It varies based on the encampment but yes, a lot of them are extremely well-organized, in part because they're learning from each other at the speed of twitter. And it helps that they're popular - the Columbia one received so many financial donations after the initial cop sweep they had to tell people to start sending money to Palestinian charities instead.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

there wasnt much of a ideological leap for a liberal to march for the "cops should be nicer" protest. Free Palestine is a slogan they can not accept.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
death to gang tag

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Danger posted:

The campus poo poo is really heartening and all but what I'm really stoked for is watching as this thread breaks the mega- barrier and becomes insular around a specific set of posters whose outsize time spent posting creates some sort of celebrity microcosm and feeds into a spiral of real life derangement that ends up with a multitude of posters defending a thread superstar for like braining a cavapoo with a brick.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/s/9nCtWp8Cb8

"University of Texas at Austin recently unlisted (& turned off comments) of their own video explaining why the public can engage in demonstrations at their campus"

hmmmm :thunk:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

In Training posted:

Supporting whatever quisling government for Gaza they are cooking up I guess or pressuring European countries to take Palestinian refugees. There's stuff there but I agree it will be harder, especially because of the democrat administration. In conclusion

lumpentroll posted:

vote for Trump

Homeless Friend posted:

lowly IT stormtrooper

Thank you for caring and signing your post

Dreylad posted:

You love to see it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its so awesome how how america destroyed the reputstion of all their ivy league schools and proved they are just a lovely police state of a dying empire that has nothing new or interesting to give to the world even their vaunted 'university campus life' is a farce now.

all of this just for a lovely little colonial outpost of nazis lol.

anyways god bless those students wishing them all the best.

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Stolen from the Succ thread:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Apr 26, 2024

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

caelxii posted:

lol that is great

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

https://x.com/GozukaraFurkan/status/1783610010234130923

88 yr old holocaust survivor tells them kids they are on the right side of history and to keep it up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Austin still goin

https://twitter.com/neelamreports/status/1783693304598589523

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ugh do i gotta walk up there

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i say swears online posted:

ugh do i gotta walk up there

stretch them legs, boi

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

youcallthatatwist posted:

It varies based on the encampment but yes, a lot of them are extremely well-organized, in part because they're learning from each other at the speed of twitter. And it helps that they're popular - the Columbia one received so many financial donations after the initial cop sweep they had to tell people to start sending money to Palestinian charities instead.

From what I understand as well the anti-Zionist/Palestinian orgs on campus are already pretty well organized so they were able to slot themselves into the larger protest and just use their existing organization to build outward with a plethora of volunteers.

It's never that elegant but this poo poo doesn't just emerge and sustain itself organically.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Tired: coolzone
Wired: nut zone

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
lots of Kramering and Sealioning ITT...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

If you're stumbling into threads to go "none of this matters and also none of you are doing anything and also everythings bad doxx yourself and shoot a guy in the foot" then you're not a wise sage you're an attention-starved brat hth

Ohtori Akio posted:

son of stfu

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

caelxii posted:

lmao

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Megamissen posted:

i would have expected at least one in pnw

Portland is arriving fashionably late

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

VoicesCanBe posted:

Well, also, loving Ivy League students can't show up locked in the trunk of burnt out cars having shot themselves. There are limits to the response here.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/s/9nCtWp8Cb8

"University of Texas at Austin recently unlisted (& turned off comments) of their own video explaining why the public can engage in demonstrations at their campus"

hmmmm :thunk:

lol reddit

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
americas funniest home politicalvideos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol good job philosophy lady

edit rip that's a hinkle tweet nm

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

lol good job philosophy lady

edit rip that's a hinkle tweet nm
idk what hinkle did that's bad, he's posting "The idea of you walking around “free,” rather than being locked away in a dark hole for war crimes is madness." @ mike pompeo, guessing he's a chud??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/pslnational/status/1783654075893993637

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1783698467241505157

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Apr 26, 2024