Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Resistance News Network posted:

🔴 Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine:

The Popular Front calls on Palestinian and Arab students to rise up for Gaza following the example of American universities.

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine has called on Palestinian and Arab students, professors, and academics at various Palestinian and Arab universities to rise up for Gaza and to condemn the ongoing zionist genocide waged against it.

The Front emphasized that Palestinian and Arab universities must take the initiative and break the barrier of silence, following the example of American universities which have ignited an intifada within the campus for the victory of the blood of our Palestinian people, and in rejection of the continuing American support for the zionist entity, which has amazed the entire world and shocked the American administration and the occupation.

The Front stressed that students always form the advanced vanguard capable of influencing and bringing change, and who can express the pulse of the masses and…
(from t.me/PalestineResist/37225, via tgsa)

Statement from the PFLP calling for students protests in Arab countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Well I know one prosecutor who's going to be constantly attacked by blackshirt unions as soft on crime until she loses her job.

Or get murdered.

You wield the fasces or get chopped by it, lady.

her boss (the DA, an elected official) gets flack for this kinda poo poo all the time and he's got her back. he just blew out a primary opponent and he'll handily win in november. the legislature hates his guts

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

in a Gramscian sense.

Well, yeah, there's no way forward for a true revolutionary process otherwise. I don't think "internal/external proletariat" is a helpful descriptor too and more serve to obfuscate things in relation to that process coming from a Marxist perspective, but it seems that you are using that author's take specifically for this topic

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

i say swears online posted:

her boss (the DA, an elected official) gets flack for this kinda poo poo all the time and he's got her back. he just blew out a primary opponent and he'll handily win in november. the legislature hates his guts

So, murder then.

It's gonna be murder.

The wheels of fascism are turning tighter, and I don't think this kind of resistance by people with any kind of power will be allowed.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Well, yeah, there's no way forward for a true revolutionary process otherwise. I don't think "internal/external proletariat" is a helpful descriptor too and more serve to obfuscate things in relation to that process coming from a Marxist perspective, but it seems that you are using that author's take specifically for this topic

For sure. I think how Palestine was managed, both in Israel and the US was always by being separate. Outside, over there. The college kids aren't and have brought the turmoil of Gaza home in a way it seems, that caught people flatfooted.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

ikanreed posted:

So, murder then.

It's gonna be murder.

The wheels of fascism are turning tighter, and I don't think this kind of resistance by people with any kind of power will be allowed.

Desantis suspended and replaced a few district attorneys for “neglecting their duties under Florida law.”

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I live in a rural New England town with a smaller but pretty famous college (Smith.)

For whatever it's worth, they've been doing sit ins since the beginning of the month and it lead to the town passing a resolution to divest interests in Israel, and the college is working with the student groups as well. Although it looks like they don't have anything to divest FROM.

I'm very aware I live in a leftist bubble, here, though. Is there a list of bail funds to give to to help some of these students out? I've given what I can to Gaza, but I'd like to help the students as well.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

UT live:

https://www.instagram.com/psc_atx/live/

the crowd has the formerly-arrested kids on their shoulders, cheering. owns

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NYPDChiefPatrol/status/1783446340669677763?t=mPlSKVXV0zWihrsRfoZsOg&s=19

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/policytensor/status/1783563463006032177

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fuckin pig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat lol. This really is giving me 2020 flashbacks when NYPD started taunting deblasio on Twitter .

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

drat lol. This really is giving me 2020 flashbacks when NYPD started taunting deblasio on Twitter .

lol didnt that loser thank them later

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

they kidnapped his daughter and he thanked them for it lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

HallelujahLee posted:

to be fair they kidnapped his daughter and held her for ransom

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im not going to be fair to deblowsio

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

i mean yeah, but it is worth noting for anyone unaware that the nypd outright engaged in organized crime activity like kidnapping a relative and extorting the victim lol

ACAB

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i mean yeah, but it is worth noting for anyone unaware that the nypd outright engaged in organized crime activity like kidnapping a relative and extorting the victim lol

ACAB

fair enough

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

cmon KU what the gently caress

John Brown would be disappointed

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

proclick song about bonking cops

https://x.com/noshu4me/status/1783543657989087600?s=46&t=TcX_3A7xb64iQ4B5vO849A

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i would have expected at least one in pnw

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Megamissen posted:

i thought everyone in the PNW went to california for school

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ftw

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Megamissen posted:

Cal poly humboldt is sort of in the PNW..ish...theres similarities

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
pnw activism is less college kids more transplants who came here to suck cock unhindered

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Megamissen posted:

I wouldn’t, I hate that whole region.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Just saw a story that cal poly humboldt staff had a vote of no confidence in the uni president for the initial response to the protestors but left the page and can't find it again

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Danger posted:

The campus poo poo is really heartening and all but what I'm really stoked for is watching as this thread breaks the mega- barrier and becomes insular around a specific set of posters whose outsize time spent posting creates some sort of celebrity microcosm and feeds into a spiral of real life derangement that ends up with a multitude of posters defending a thread superstar for like braining a cavapoo with a brick.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Megamissen posted:

seattlers

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
gently caress biden

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Apr 25, 2024

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Megamissen posted:

boeing and UW are like 🔒

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Read seattlers

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
https://twitter.com/re_colston/status/1783533508410986604?s=12&t=beWCLnno8eTMzikH9nzwmg

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Seattler Colonialism must be stopped.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

USC cancelled graduation lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

USC cancelled graduation lol

gently caress yeah.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005