Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
<deleted user>
Ok. This picture is going around and people think it's true.
You can simply send my copy it to people the way it is. Maybe THIS copy will get spread around more than the other.
I didn't include both so I would save space and b/c it's really not necessary. It is what it is.

Thanks for any help from those of you in NYC.

And God Bless America!

(I'm not taking this too seriously, it's just that I love blowing the lid off urban legends!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Well, I'd say that the picture is real, Red X's are common nowadays...

[edit] Yeah the pic is as fake as pamela lee's tits... miraculously recovered from the WTC no doubt...

Snorkio
Aug 31, 2001

Pope John Paul Atreides the Four Hundredth
How was the film recovered?

A Learned Fucker
Jan 18, 2001

the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frostin'
You'll find some help here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=81340
Whole thread about it in Current Events.

Plinko
Mar 5, 2001
THE OBSERVATION DECK DOESN'T OPEN UNTIL 9:30 AM.

Debunked.

toolshed
Sep 1, 2001
just look at the shadows. the kid's shadow is falling on the railing behind him and a little to the left. the plane has no shadow to speak of.

[edit] also, the date stamp is laughingly poor. correct me if im wrong, but digital cameras dont stamp the date like that? which means that the picture was scanned in, and the text is far far sharper than the rest of the image[/edit]

[Edited by toolshed on 09-26 at 11:08]

<deleted user>
so many fuckin levels:

1. It was a much clearer day. This looks like late fall.
2. Which is why this goober is wearing a cap and jacket (it was in the 70's that day...)
3. Why isn't fuckface interested in turning around??!

That is the correct angle though. Probably the wrong plane type though. I dunno...

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
http://www.snopes2.com

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scrubber
Feb 23, 2001
I'm just arguing for leniency; all she did was kill her friend.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_092501/content/extra.guest.html

They would have heard the plane.

Edit: the post below mine is very funny.

[Edited by Scrubber on 09-26 at 11:15]

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I would like to use the opportunity to post my slightly enhanced version of that pic again.

[Edited by elwood on 10-05 at 12:49]

----------------

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
Show em this:

Then KICK THEM HARD...

Genghis The Gerbil
May 12, 2001

Which direction did the planes approach from?

Compare that with the time of day and angle of shadows, and think we have a winner (or loser, as the case may be)...

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

quote:

fuckingtest had this to say about Robocop:
Show em this:

Then KICK THEM HARD...

That'll do, Pig.

Crazyass Trucker
Nov 12, 2000
There was no observation deck on the first tower. Debunked beyond any suspicion.

PS: Any sane person will also realize that a camera could not have survived the implosion when most of the steel thrusts were pulverized.

Blue's Clues
Jun 14, 2001

quote:

Show em this:

Then KICK THEM HARD...

Excellent!

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps
Fred Durst + O THE HUMANITY = Hahahahahahahaha

Thank you.

Vsus Christ
Sep 9, 2001

Thanks fink park for the face picture. :)

edit - gaah, what's this temporarily unavailable bullshit?
edit2- holy poo poo, a free hosting service that works? *SPLOOGE*

[Edited by Vsus Christ on 09-26 at 18:08]

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Show em this:

Then KICK THEM HARD...

Alone, this makes my day 100% better. Thank you, and keep up the photoshopping.

Blue's Clues
Jun 14, 2001

quote:

Genghis The Gerbil had this to say about Robocop:
Which direction did the planes approach from?

Compare that with the time of day and angle of shadows, and think we have a winner (or loser, as the case may be)...

Planes came out of the North, which is what this shows. This being the case, his shadow is going the correct direction, but that early in the morning (and in September) the shadow would be cast much longer. His shadow approximates what one might see around 11:00 AM. At the time of the attack(s), the shadow would pass further down the railing.

"A" for effort.

karphead
Apr 20, 2001

KAN SOMEONES TELL ME IF THIS IF FAKE KTHXBYE

Life is Eat and Die
Apr 15, 2001

quote:

Show em this:

Oh the hilarity!!! I'm currently cackling like a madman in the university library and I'm getting odd stares.

http://www.calwong.org

Tom
Jun 8, 2000

WHERE IS MY CHEESE?

quote:

karphead had this to say about Robocop:
KAN SOMEONES TELL ME IF THIS IF FAKE KTHXBYE

img-SKATEBOARD KID-img

OMG OMG!! THATS REAL!!! He must have skated an OLLY then did a GRIND on the Plane!!!

OMG OMG!!

"You are the worst loving poster I've ever seen and you should never make another thread ever again." - CptPlanet
"I swear to god you're a comedic genius." - pengO

Hank Scorpio
Sep 9, 2001
I seem to be getting a red X, but if this is the pic I'm thinking of, then here you go:

http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/crash.htm

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

quote:

[img-OhTheHumanity!]

Man, that guy has the worst luck.

Almost makes me wish I had a Titanic picture. And Photoshop on this computer (Photoshopping through Terminal Services = Not Fun).

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.
Oh, that's real. An airliner moving at several hundred miles per hour produces zero speed blur in a still photo. :rolleyes:

Fukuboy
May 26, 2001

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

[Edited by elwood on 10-05 at 12:49]

----------------

Green Submarine
Oct 21, 2000

There will come soft rains...

quote:

Knifey_Smurf had this to say about Robocop:
Oh, that's real. An airliner moving at several hundred miles per hour produces zero speed blur in a still photo. :rolleyes:

I don't want to do the math, but if you had a shutter speed of around 1/2000 of a second there probably wouldn't be much of a blur. Problem is at that speed you'd need a wide aperture, which would make a smaller depth of field, and either the kid or the plane would be out of focus.

cayton
Sep 9, 2001
Hi! I'm yet another delusional racist tool who supports Ron Paul!

quote:

cayton had this to say about everyone:
IMG--ALL PICS

Its easy to see where this thread is heading, and its definately funny. I really like the titanic one :)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This guy has no luck... :rolleyes:

-=NMN=-

Heintzer
Aug 6, 2001

quote:

Show em this:

Then KICK THEM HARD...

I'd just like to say the following:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

<deleted user>
Aside from all the digital imperfections in this image (such as shadows not matching reflections), a number of logistical errors make the picture suspect beyond credibility:

September 11 was warm and sunny, not the type of day on which a tourist would have been decked out in a winter coat and hat.

The airliner in this picture is approaching from the north and would therefore have been the one which hit the north tower of the World Trade Center (WTC1), but WTC1 did not have an outdoor observation deck. WTC2 (the south tower) included an indoor observation deck on the 107th floor and an outdoor deck above the 110th floor, but WTC1 housed only Windows on the World, an indoor restaurant with a magnificent view of the city but no outdoor deck.

The operating hours in September for the WTC2 observatories were 9:30 A.M. to 9:30 P.M., meaning they opened too late for a tourist to have been present on one before the first plane hit at 8:49 A.M.

The aircraft shown is a Boeing 757 bearing American Airline markings, but Flight 11, the only American flight to crash into the World Trade Center, was a 767.

scarecrow
Nov 9, 2000
Forum Veteran

a photoshop this picture thread was started in current events the other day (though it never took off) way to keep up on current events! (har)

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
SP33D=T3H FUNN3Y!

Green Submarine
Oct 21, 2000

There will come soft rains...

quote:

NoneMoreNegative had this to say about Robocop:
This guy has no luck... :rolleyes:

You kidding? He's survived how many disasters now? He's a virtual Agrajag.

Section 434
Mar 2, 2001

MARCH MADNESS BABY

quote:

NoneMoreNegative had this to say about Robocop:
This guy has no luck... :rolleyes:[/B]

I'd say he has lots of luck! He's driving a bus with a DISEMBODIED HAND OF SANDRA BULLOCK!

:)

Prince Turveydrop
May 12, 2001

He was a veray parfit gentil knight.

Blue's Clues
Jun 14, 2001

quote:

FLrebel had this to say about Robocop:
Aside from all the digital imperfections in this image (such as shadows not matching reflections), a number of logistical errors make the picture suspect beyond credibility:

September 11 was warm and sunny, not the type of day on which a tourist would have been decked out in a winter coat and hat.

The airliner in this picture is approaching from the north and would therefore have been the one which hit the north tower of the World Trade Center (WTC1), but WTC1 did not have an outdoor observation deck. WTC2 (the south tower) included an indoor observation deck on the 107th floor and an outdoor deck above the 110th floor, but WTC1 housed only Windows on the World, an indoor restaurant with a magnificent view of the city but no outdoor deck.

The operating hours in September for the WTC2 observatories were 9:30 A.M. to 9:30 P.M., meaning they opened too late for a tourist to have been present on one before the first plane hit at 8:49 A.M.

The aircraft shown is a Boeing 757 bearing American Airline markings, but Flight 11, the only American flight to crash into the World Trade Center, was a 767.

aka http://www.snopes.com

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
The plane is to high up in the air, and was banking some I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

<deleted user>
Easy:

The sun rises in the west, falls in the east.

The shadow is comming on him from a ' / ' direction (the east) which states that it's midday. The sun should be off near the hudson (shown in the background) should this photo be real.