Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
<deleted user>
Before this goes out of control with photoshopping, here is some last proof of this pictures validity (or lack thereof):

When you take the negative of a picture, it usually helps tell if it has been photoshopped. And you can tell that this plan doesnt fit into this picture when looking at the negative.

Also:
If taken with a small aperture you would get a large depth of field. Most point and shoot cameras would have a relatively small aperture especially in daylight. Notice the buildings are also fairly sharp, but we assume they aren't super-imposed.

The plane is sharp even though it would have been travelling very fast. It could be real because the plane is coming toward the camera, a shot from the side may have had motion blur. The bright sunny day would also result in a fast shutter speed.

But, the photo could very well be a fake. The plane would be making quite a bit of noise and anyone within a kilometer would surely hear it and turn their heads.

Also, notice there is no blurring of the scenery behind the jet engines. The heat from jet engines would probably blur the scenery below and behind.

The man in the photo is wearing a touque and winter jacket. I haven't been to New York in early September before, but I'd bet it isn't that cold.

The sun appears to be coming from a lower point on the man and from overhead on the plane. There aren't many shadows on the plane, but there is a harsh shadow on the man.

My vote is that this is a hoax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU