Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Tunicate posted:

A question from reddit,

dude orders one PS5 online, they screw up and deliver two. Is he allowed to keep both under the UCC (claim an 'improper delivery' because it didn't match the invoice, and accept the whole lot)?

That's how I got free Lego when they shipped me a master case instead of the single set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

toplitzin posted:

That's how I got free Lego when they shipped me a master case instead of the single set.

Dang save some pussy for the rest of us

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

blarzgh posted:

Sorry I ordered one pussy but got shipped all of it, sucks to be everyone else.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Where the fraud happens is when you send 1 back for a refund and keep the other 98.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

blarzgh posted:

The pussy store called, they’re running out of you

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Tunicate posted:

A question from reddit,

dude orders one PS5 online, they screw up and deliver two. Is he allowed to keep both under the UCC (claim an 'improper delivery' because it didn't match the invoice, and accept the whole lot)?

UCC 2-601 gives you the right to accept the lot or deny the lot, or accept partial (as long as commercial reasonable efforts are made to not lessen the value of the non accepted lot)

it doesn't mean you get to keep the poo poo for free. you still have to pay. you just dont have to accept and cant be forced to accept non conforming goods.

He's just not obligated to pay to send it back. if they send him prepaid return packaging and he didnt send it that would be conversion/theft.

companies let you keep poo poo because it costs more to get items back sometimes then then make on selling them and other poo poo, its not because legally you get to keep whatever shows up at your doorstep

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

Murder is illegal itt

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

EwokEntourage posted:

UCC 2-601 gives you the right to accept the lot or deny the lot, or accept partial (as long as commercial reasonable efforts are made to not lessen the value of the non accepted lot)

it doesn't mean you get to keep the poo poo for free. you still have to pay.

He already paid for the lot in advance. Then the company made a delivery in fulfilment of their deal, and it was nonconforming, but he decided to accept it in full anyway.

From what i understand, the buyer even can choose to accept nonconforming lots which have only a few items in common, or no items in common, with the invoice at all (which happens fairly frequently at fast food establishments across the nation).

I could be misunderstanding, though. If the drivethru gives you a large soda instead of a medium are you actually legally on the hook to pay for the extra mountain dew?

Does the UCC have options for a seller's recourse when a buyer accepts a delivery, and the seller has second thoughts about it?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I once ordered a watch and they delivered two by mistake. I didn’t do anything with the second and after 3 weeks they emailed and asked for it back. They sent a box and I sent it back and it was done, but I did keep the extra free hat that came with it. Am I going to jail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Dumb question, perhaps - but how do they get the pool of people for Jury Duty? I had thought it was voter registration (could be wrong!). I have been registered to vote for *28 years* and I have never once gotten a summons. I have friends who seem to get a letter every 3-4 years.

I am weirdly a little jealous.