Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Discussion Quorum posted:

I'd rate Cosori a little higher than random Amazon brands, their stuff seems to be reasonably well regarded. I had a Cosori air fryer and I thought it was better thought-out in terms of design than most of the name brands it was up against at the time.

Also happy with my cosori air fryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Nephzinho posted:

Might not be what you want to do but I tend to just freeze herbs in a little oil or just make pesto rather than dehydrate excess herbs. Always found dehydrating to kill the flavor.

Vacuum sealing and freezing also works well if you don't want them frozen in oil.

Bagheera
Oct 30, 2003

quote:

tie them in a bunch and hang it up. It even looks and smells nice. It's not like drying fruit where you gotta go fast or they'll go gross before they dry out.
I live in swampy Florida, where loads of fungus, mold, midges, and other things will ruin anything left to dry, even herbs. I sometimes tape a sprig of rosemary to my monitor as simple potpourri. The sprigs alternately turn powdery white or filthy black depending on what spores land there first. Even when it's indoors with A/C and air filters.

quote:

my random amazon brand ("COSORI") was like 40 bucks and did a good job on tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, etc last season
This one? That's a lot better price than I expected.

quote:

Vacuum sealing and freezing also works well if you don't want them frozen in oil.
I have a chamber vacuum sealer and might try that. I don't like freezing them in oil, but a dry vacuum seal might work.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Bagheera posted:

This one? That's a lot better price than I expected.

yup

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Is there a recommended food storage container brand that’s microwave safe for reheating? We have a pyrex (lower case) set that works well enough, but I might as well check for better options before doubling up on everything.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Glass Ikea 365 with the plastic lids is what I use. Cheap and cheerful. I have porridge microwaved in it every morning. (They also do glass, and bamboo lids)

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 2, 2024

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Democratic Pirate posted:

Is there a recommended food storage container brand that’s microwave safe for reheating? We have a pyrex (lower case) set that works well enough, but I might as well check for better options before doubling up on everything.

Everything I've seen is that as long as it isn't plastic, you're fine. Some family of mine swears by Anchor Hocking, but I'm not sure what the difference is, if any.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I have Snapware and don't like them because the (plastic) lids fail at the "hinge" (which is just a bendy plastic bit). My favorite are some Ziploc branded with green lids, but last I checked, they were discontinued :rip:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Anchor Hocking red plastic lids suck. We are down to 0 that haven't cracked beyond use. I am torn between buying replacement lids for $10 or replacing them altogether - I hate wasting the glass bowl portion but also hate giving these assholes replacement parts revenue.

We have Pyrex glass with blue lids that seem like identical designs but the lids last twice as long. Still annoying to replace but not as bad.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My wife and I got Glasslock containers at Costco back in 2010 and they still work like we bought them.

The only damage was I tried to take out the rubber gasket on one and damaged it so that one would leak if I tilted it upside down.

Highly recommended!

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Glasslock-11292-18-Piece-Assorted-Container/dp/B00LN810PM

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

does anyone have a waffle-maker they love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I mostly enjoy this because it's a multi-tasker. It does about as well as the type at hotel breakfast stations / my college dining hall, so I suppose it's good enough!